Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

+23
pringle
White Lily
Mixxer
lindzee
mscherry42
galaxy
BethG
sapphire
LeanneWhitney
Angel
Mum of jj
Lou Lou
Ginny
24Penguins
Helen
Toffee
Lily*Blossom
skyllar
Myste
Gutter
ANMSMITH
sparkles
Georgi
27 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 Empty Re: PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

Post  Georgi Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Where's the link Sapphire?? I might just take a look on ebay now Smile/happy

I guess my appointments aren't all that bad it's just having to wait 6 weeks between the 16 and 22 wk appointments and the 22 - 28 appointments.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21426
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 13 Empty Re: PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

Post  Georgi Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Oh yeah there are loads on Ebay! Smile/happy Spot on sapphire...great find of yours!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 pm

thanks Georgi, I hope they work out for you! I realize that I didn't make the link too obvious, sorry! Click on the word 'this' in the first sentence, as in 'but this is where I got mine'. I should have changed the word to be red or something, oops! But either way I hope you find some! I just got two, one in black and one in white so it would go with everything, but some sellers have some really pretty patterned ones. I just couldn't see myself wearing them with more than one or two tops!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 260
Loyalty Rating : 18004
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks Sapphire and Georgi for reassuring me about my weight gain! You are both right about me being induced early so I shouldn't end up gained so much in the end, and it's not that I fear not losing it because I lost all 60 lbs - 5 lbs with Audrey, it's just that back was really messed up afterwards (not sure if it's because of the weight), but I just want to gain a healthy amount. I am still pigging out, but I'm eating in moderation.

Those belly bands are awesome, I don't have any money to spend on any, but such a great idea!!

AND

Georgi, I see what you mean about your appointments. Mine are every 4 weeks until I hit 30 weeks, then they are every 2 weeks until I think 36 weeks and then every 1 week after that. I hit 30 week in 3 weeks, so that's why it's so much shorter, but he did initially say he'd see me in 2 weeks, so I think it may start around 28 weeks to go every 2 weeks. Oh well, as long as they see you, that's all that matters.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20140
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Gutter don't worry about the belly bands - I don't know how much I'll be using them by the time I'm in the third tri! I think they're good early on and then after the baby comes. I'll be seriously impressed if I'm wearing my pre-preg pants with a belly band when I'm as far along as you are now!

Well I had my OB appt yesterday! He didn't use the doppler just yet but that's okay as I have a scan tomorrow. We talked about the food issues I've been having and not being able to eat much for over six weeks now. He was reassuring that it wouldn't have harmed the baby in any way yet, but at the same time he gave me a prescription for Diclectin, the morning sickness pill, in hopes that would help ease the symptoms and allow me to eat more. I started the pills last night. I'm a bit frustrated or disappointed about it, part of me feels like I've failed in that I can't just handle this - which is totally irrational I know - but I just can't shake this feeling of being disappointed somehow in myself even though I realize it's for the best if it will allow me to eat more and be healthier, it's a really good thing. Especially now the baby is getting bigger and growing so fast. I don't know, I can't quite articulate how I feel.

And my nuchal transluency scan is tomorrow. I did the bloodwork on Monday that goes along with it, and tomorrow afternoon I have the scan. I haven't been nervous but am starting to get there. I'm so focused on just seeing the baby and finding out for sure that the baby made it through the first trimester okay that I've almost forgotten about the actual NT results. I hope they are good too, but I really just want to know the baby is alive and thriving. And then we get to start telling people!!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 pm

oh i can't wait sapphire!!! i will have to check on here and see how it went!!! I dont look at pg boards much, OBVIOUSLY Tongue but i love to see how u and the others are doing Smile/happy yay! 2nd trimester!!!!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20164
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Oh, Sapphire, that's exciting about your scan tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it!!! Sorry to hear though that you are still dealing with all that morning sickness!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21130
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 am

Sapphire, can't wait to hear about your u/s sweetie!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:34 am

Post # 2

SAPPHIRE,
Hope your scan went alright hun!!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am

Thank you girls!! I appreciate your thoughts!! So I had my NT scan yesterday. I might have told you earlier how I didn't really want the NT results at all (I felt they just had the potential to cause more stress & worry, especially since I likely wouldn't have chosen the amnio and wasn't going to consider a termination). But I desperately wanted a scan at the end of the first trimester to give me reassurance the baby made it before I felt comfortable telling everyone, so we went ahead with the scan, realizing that if there was something wrong with the baby, it would be good to be prepared ahead of time.

So DH and I went yesterday, and he's SO excited. Almost giddy during the scan, like he can't believe everything he's seeing. It was so cute. We were in there for a good 45 minutes too, b/c the tech couldn't get the baby to be at the right angle to measure the NT. In the end, the baby never cooperated so we didn't get any NT results, but we had heaps of time watching the baby, and were defintely reassured that the baby is healthy and looking really good. It was amazing!!

About the medicine, I really have struggled with how I felt about that and I wasn't sure why, I may not have explained it well earlier. The nausea I have is manageable, and I don't throw up. But the problem is that I feel sick when I eat, and it doesn't take much, so I haven't been eating enough and have been losing weight, so the hope is this medicine will allow me to eat more. I think I felt so conflicted because I felt like somehow I'm failing or am being weak if I needed the medicine. I've always been hard on myself, often being a little unrealistic, and somehow I just felt like I disappointing myself or that I shouldn't need to have these drugs. But I have to see that it's okay I need them. it's just been hard and not how I expected things to go.

But I am still just really excited that the baby is okay and I still am coming to grips with the idea I'm actually going to have a baby ... this really is happening and the baby is okay!!!!!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 am

d

Last edited by Lou Lou on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20322

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:26 am

I'm glad your scan went well! It's so reassuring to see that little baby flipping around!!!!!! Kiss

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:33 am

Sapphire, i can totally relate to how you are feeling with your nausea. I had some issues with Audrey but it didn't last as long as it sounds like it is for you. My advice is to eat very little portions frequently throughout the day to help build your intake. IF you are eating less, your tummy will shrink, you need to keep it full somehow, so eating more often, little snacks that is easy on your tummy, like soda crackers, soup, ginger cookies are supposedly good for nausea...maybe try non-carbonated ginger ale too, or ginger seeped in hot water. I hope you can get to eating again, I remember hating meat and just gagging to eating any meat throughout my pregnancy with Audrey.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:28 pm

That's so exciting about your scan, Sapphire! Congrats! Glad to hear that everything is fine! And hopefully your nausea will ease off soon.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21130
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Yay great news Sapphire, i am so glad everything is going well
when will you be teling everyone?
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19632
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:28 am

So happy for you Sapphire that your scan went well so ok you didn't get the results but you saw your baby YAY!!! Did they allow you to have any pictures??

Now about this nausea.....don't put yourself down about it sweetie, listen I am REALLY struggling with it aswell it seems to be getting worse for me but like you I have never actually been sick, but I am now getting the dry heaves which isn't very attractive! LOL!! But all jokes aside this nausea is making me wish away the 1st trimester, I don't know how I will cope if it doesn't ease up, I can eat but hardly anything as it's the same for me it just makes me feel sick as yet I haven't lost any weight but I haven't gained any either....I have been eating a lot of sweets as amazingly they don't make me gag or feel sick!!! Smile/happy I am going to ring my midwife on Monday and ask if there is anything I can take for it!

x x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 am

9 weeks already, can't believe it!
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 18031
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm

I know it's gone quick! My ticker has even moved on a stage YAY!!! I really can't wait to get into the 2nd trimester at least I will be able to get all the reassurances I need to feel less anxious about this pregnancy.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks ladies! I don't have too much time now as we have been telling people over the weekend, it's on facebook now as many of you can see, so it's been a bit hectic (in a good way of course!) as everyone is sending notes and congrats. It makes it so much more real to hear everyone else talking about our baby instead of it being something we were trying to keep quiet!

Yes, I have HEAPS of photos but only 2 are scanned so far and I don't have them here, they're at home. We got so many because the scan lasted so long as she was trying to find the right angle for the NT measurement Smile/happy Eventually I'll have them ready to share, and I can post those 2 soon, maybe tonight if I am up for it.

Georgi there should be something you can take for the nausea, I do definitely relate in that sweets are one thing I can eat no problem! I don't want to eat much junk food of course but I have been allowing much more than I would normally eat because at least it's calories in your body which is better than starving, right? Eat whatever you can, just as the other ladies here told me earlier. Do see if there's something you can take, there should be and if it helps it's good. I think my meds are starting to help. I still can't eat much as I fill up very quickly and then really can't force any more in, but I feel less nauseous when I'm full which is nice. So I think it's going in the right direction. I have now had 3 people tell me they can see I've lost weight, though, which is true but so amusing to think that even my largest pair of pants can't be buttoned up anymore!!! So funny that even my big pants don't fit but I weigh less than I have in a few years.

love to all!!xoxox
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:43 pm

had the glucose test done this morning. The orange soda was really yummy, don't remember it tasting so good with Audrey Confused Anyways I forgot taht they take blood at first, then you drink it and wait an hour, then get blood taken again. Anyways I can't believe I'm ALREADY at this stage!!!

Sapphire/Georgi, hope your m/s is getting better!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:48 am

So everything is ok with the test results I assume Gutter?? I never had that test with Theo so have no idea what the orange soda tastes like Tongue sounds like I missed out LOL!!

How's you Sapphire?? As your pregnancy progresses your find that you'll probably need a belt to stop your trousers falling down, it's so funny how our body shape changes throughout pregnancy! Plus of course as the 'bump' grows depending on whether it's low or high will influence what clothes you can still get into.

As for me feeling slightly better today so I haven't got the sea bands on - first time in about 3 weeks! starting to feel like I might need to put them back on though sick I have had some awesome news........I have a DATING SCAN YAY!!! for July 2nd Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy I decided that I was going to book a private scan so telephoned the hospital only to be put through to an answer machine for scan appointments, I left a message and no-body rang me back I was too busy the following day to call and then back at work but amazingly I received a letter asking me to attend a (FREE) dating scan - the letter was sent out the same day I telephoned!!!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:10 am

That's great about the free dating scan Georgi, YAY!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Georgi, no I haven't gotten results yet, just had it done Thursday and my next appointment is June 29th, so I'll get the results then.

Anways hope you are all feeling better!!

xx

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Sorry I've been away for a bit girls. Georgi, that's fantastic news about the dating scan, congratulations!! that will be so great and not that far away, either! Have you still been feeling better or was the relief temporary? I hope it's almost over for you.

Gutter, good luck with the results, you'll have to tell us what you hear!

AFM, I had a scary episode yesterday. I know dizziness can be normal, and I've noticed I need to be careful getting up too fast. But yesterday at work I had been sitting in my office for a couple hours, nothing out of the ordinary, and suddenly I started feeling nauseous. Nothing really unusual, but then I got dizzy as soon as I thought about getting up to get some ginger ale, so I stayed put. The dizziness got worse really quickly, and I called DHto come upstairs (he works at the same place, just a different floor) because I knew something wrong and I was alone. I hung up and went on the floor because I could hardly see I was so dizzy. DH came right away and held & squeezed my hands and kept asking me to stay awake and look at him. I tried but I was so dizzy and he told me my eyes kept closing and couldn't focus. Then it started to get better and the dizziness let up, almost as fast as it started. I had gotten all sweaty too, so soon after I was freezing from being all clamy. It was really scary and I have no idea what caused it, especially since I had just been sitting down when it happened. DH phoned my OB office right after and spoke with a nurse who said dizziness and even fainting sometimes is normal, but it didn't feel normal at all! DH took me home right away and my boss came by just before we left, he told her what happened and she insisted I stay home today too, so I've just been sleeping a lot more than I thought I could and resting. It's really bizarre - I was in bed and feeling a bit weak all yesterday, then I slept from 8:30pm until 11:00am today. I've only been up a few hours today so far but I'm still staying on the couch or in bed, though I did just spend some time catching up on work emails. It's really weird but I still don't feel like I have much energy to do anything. I'm just laying low for awhile I guess, it's like my body has just crashed or something. I didn't think I had been doing too much but maybe I was???

Has anyone ever experienced something like that? I fainted before but it was years ago and due to a sudden change in altitude when we flew into the Andes in Peru, so completely different and because this happened while sitting still in my office, and while pregnant, it really freaked me out!!!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Sapphire
I did the while pregnant. I have suffered from hypoglycemia for several years and I *think* that's what caused my fainting spell while pregnant.
I remember that I broke out into a sweat and then immediately felt clammy. After that I always kept crackers with me and I never had another spell. I hope you don't have another one!

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you! It's so scary and of course, you immediately worry about the baby. I'm glad you are home resting today!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Loulou, I've had hypoglycemia for several years as well! At least I'm fairly sure that's what it is, though I have never been properly diagnosed. I just get really light headed and unable to focus when I don't eat, so I am used to snacking every few hours. But it's never caused me to be dizzy like this, and I didn't have any of the telltale hypoglycemia symptoms before yesterday's episode. The day before, though, I really did eat less than what's been usual for me lately, so perhaps it did have something to do with it? DH mentioned my office seemed a bit stuffy too. I would love for there to be a reason this happened so I can prevent it from happening again!!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next