Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

+23
pringle
White Lily
Mixxer
lindzee
mscherry42
galaxy
BethG
sapphire
LeanneWhitney
Angel
Mum of jj
Lou Lou
Ginny
24Penguins
Helen
Toffee
Lily*Blossom
skyllar
Myste
Gutter
ANMSMITH
sparkles
Georgi
27 posters

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 Empty Re: PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

Post  Gutter Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Sapphire, I completely missed your post hun...

I had a lot of dizzy spells with Audrey, but only 1 with this one and it was after a blood test. So it is very normal and SCARY to be honest. Hope you are feeling better hun!!

Well I got my results today. My gestational diabetes test came back fine, thyroid came back fine and my hemoglobin came back fine. My fundal height was measuring right on for the amount of weeks I am, baby's heartbeat was 158 BPM and I now weigh 127 lbs, so I've gained 27 lbs so far. I'm hoping for a total weight gain of at MOST 40 lbs, which should be pretty close since I've been gaining around 5-6 lbs every 4 weeks.

Baby has been moving like CRAZY these past few days, doing like the washing machine does on the spin cycle, hehe!!

Hope you ladies are doing well!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20113
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 Empty Re: PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!!

Post  Georgi Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 am

Oh Sapphire what a horrible thing to go through!! Are you taking more time out for yourself now?? I haven't had anything as dramatic happen to me during pregnancy but I have had the got up too fast and feel dizzy moments and they are bad enough! Poor you.....I hope you are feeling better now?

Gutter, great to hear your test results all came back fine!! and your weight gain sound's spot on they reckon 10lbs is the average weight gain for the 3rd trimester and of course you may lose some in the last few weeks!!

The sickness is back for me sick I am sure the heat wave (lol) we are having in the UK at the moment is causing a lot of it for me....I only feel better when I have the fan on maximum blowing straight at me.

I had a midwife appointment yesterday and all is fine, she found the heartbeat quickly and easily and even though I had heard it on my doppler hearing it on hers made me cry!! I guess because it's official when someone professional finds it. I have my scan tomorrow at 3:30pm and I am hoping to get some pictures which of course I will scan in and show you.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21399
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:01 am

Georgi, how exciting hun, I will be keeping on the lookout for your scan pics Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Gutter, glad things are going well for you. Those results are great, and good news too about your weight gain!! How have you been lately?

Georgi, I saw your scan update, how exciting!! And that would have been such a good moment to hear the heartbeat with the midwife. I haven't actually heard mine yet, just have seen it on the two ultrasounds. And I'm so sorry to hear how sick you've been. Did the midwife have any ideas or options of what might help? I hope it eases soon for you.

I am hoping that the heat will be okay for me, hearing you mention the heat bothering you makes me worried! It hasn't been too bad yet here where I live, but on Friday we fly to my in-laws and it is typically very humid and hot there in the summer, it's uncomfortable when I'm not pregnant. And to make matters worse, their city (of 6 million people!) has had a garbage strike for 2 weeks now with no end in sight. So there are literally piles of garbage everywhere, and huge piles in some parks. So I'm a little nervous about the humidity, heat, and the stench of garbage!! I am thankful to be in my second tri now but still!!

And yes, I've been trying to look after myself but it's hard when I don't feel there was a clear reason I got so dizzy that one time, so it's hard to know how to prevent it again?!

Oh and I have my first baby shower this Saturday with all my in-laws!! It's early but it's the only time I'll see them until sometime after the baby is born so they wanted to do this for us. It's kind of weird to think I'll be at my own baby shower this Saturday!

take care girls!!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 260
Loyalty Rating : 17977
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:46 pm

Sapphire, I'm doing great hun, thanks for asking Smile/happy Also that's awesome about your first baby shower, how fun is that!! I'm not too worried about the summer heat, since it seems to not want to stick around, I'm actually enjoying this lousy rainy summer, hehe!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:16 am

Sapphire - All my midwife said was that it will subside soon......well I sure hope so! If I am still feeling awful after 14 weeks then I am demanding something to help I don't like taking anything at the best of times but this is getting stupid I have to have some relief just so I can do simple chores around the house at the moment my husband is doing everything and the poor chap is recovering from a major ear op! Ashamed

It's very exciting to hear that your going to have a baby shower Smile/happy we don't have baby showers in the UK but do you what I might do something this time around...why not!!

Gutter - Are you going to have another baby shower??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:12 am

Georgi,
Nope no baby shower for me, all I want is a swing Smile/happy If someone puts on a baby shower, it'll be a surprise like what happened with Audrey. Don't know if any of you remembered, but I wasnt' going to have one with Audrey too, we live too far away from everybody!!

I had the worst night in pregnancy history, so far....I had to deal with a sciatic nerve overnight. Not fun at all and was in soooo much pain. I'm glad it finally went away as I layed on my recliner and was able to sleep the rest of the night. I do not wish this upon anybody and hope it was a one time thing...maybe the sex we had last night triggered it...?? Anyways I'm glad to have woken up knowing I had gotten some sleep afterall.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 pm

hey all, selfish post here Ashamed

just thought i would give an update on me lol

got my test results back, gestational diabetes test, thyroid test, and iron levels are all normal! woo!!

we had another u/s yesterday! i feel so spoiled getting so many, even if our stupid health insurance is billing us for 2/3 the cost of the scans and we end up paying about $200 each lol.

everything looked great too! the fluid level was normal, her growth was within normal range (shes gonna be big it looks like, but not overly huge at least hahaha) and all her little organs looked wonderful! YAY!! the u/s tech said she was an estimated 3 lbs 9 oz! wowie! shes measuring 30 weeks, so normal basically, they said it can be off a week or two in either direction.

oh and she did flip, the WRONG WAY! now instead of being diagonal, but head down, shes totally breech!!! ARGH!! shes already being a stubborn brat LMAO!! trying mommys patience. i hope she flips!! really i do. im going to start some exercises too to try and encourage it. i really dont want a c-section!

i got a couple pics, was hard to get a good one due to the fact that she was sleeping and in a weird position lol!

this one shes looking right at you and looks like shes waving with her little hand up above her head haha!
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 5693_102291308115_740998115_1980923_7426513_n

and this one her heads on the left, tummy on the right, and shes got her hand up on her forehead like a little drama queen. same pose she gave us at 22 weeks....
PREGNANCY CHAT - All stages welcome!! - Page 14 5693_102291313115_740998115_1980924_2516059_n
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18817
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Nika,
I'm such a dummy. I was sitting here looking at the second pic going, yeah, she must have meant "her" left, cause that is definitely her head on the left. Then I tilted my head kind of at angle toward the left and totally saw her hand by her forehead!!! Duh You and Gutter and Georgi and the rest are really making me itchy, stop it!! OK, I slapped myself, I'm okay again.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19452
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:39 am

Oh Gutter I can only imagine how much pain a sciatic nerve causes OUCH!!! you poor thing! maybe it was the sex that triggered it??? glad you eventually got some all important sleep Smile/happy

Nika - that's so cool that you got to have another scan, scan pic's are ace Wink will you be having another scan now or not?? I know that bcos Theo was breech at 39 weeks they have said this time 'if' they suspect baby is breech after 34 weeks I 'may' have another scan Smile/happy I am really hoping for a VBAC this time around so I understand how you are feeling!

Good about the test results too Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:16 am

Georgi wrote:Nika - that's so cool that you got to have another scan, scan pic's are ace Wink will you be having another scan now or not?? I know that bcos Theo was breech at 39 weeks they have said this time 'if' they suspect baby is breech after 34 weeks I 'may' have another scan Smile/happy I am really hoping for a VBAC this time around so I understand how you are feeling!

Good about the test results too Smile/happy

i dont know for sure yet, but more than likely i will have yet another u/s towards the end to double check the babys position!! hehe, i sure am lucking out on all the u/s's!! im thinking though that they are going to want to wait till closer to 36-37 weeks or so, but what do i know, im not the dr lol!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18817
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 pm

Gutter, how are you feeling now? Has the nerve pain continued or gone away? Hope you're doing okay! I am hoping there will be some cooler & rainy days in Toronto, some of the summers we've been there in the past have been near unbearable when I wasn't pregnant!! shock

Georgi, I hope the midwife is right and the sickness gets better really soon for you! I didn't do any housework or cooking from pretty much 6-7 weeks until 15 weeks or so, but I think that's okay when you're exhausted all the time and sick! DH has been good and my parents have actually come by a couple times - DH and my Dad work in the yard or move furniture out of the room that will be the nursery, and my Mom has done laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. It's humbling to have them come help but has been so appreciated too!! They've also had us over or brought food for dinner at least once a week since I haven't been up for doing much. DH has REALLY appreciated that!

I saw your news is official on facebook, how exciting!!! congrats again!!!

24P, your little girl looks adorable and I love the drama queen pic. But she is being a little stubborn, turning the wrong way and all!! She does have lots of time to flip back so hopefully you'll get another scan and see that she is just where she needs to be!

I had an OB appt this morning, and discussed the dizziness/fainting with him. He did seem a bit concerned, and was pretty sure that it was due to a sudden drop in blood pressure. If it happens again he wants me to call and he'll check it out more (not sure what he would check?). Since we'll be away the next 4 weeks, I asked what to do if it happens on the trip, and he wants me to go to a hospital and get checked if it does. He's normally quite laid back about things, telling me usually not to worry about this or that, so if he wants me to get checked at a hospital I figure it's important. I just hope it doesn't happen when we're in a remote cottage hours from a hospital!!!

I also got to hear the heartbeat for the very first time on the doppler which was really cool. As soon as he put it on my belly the baby kicked, but I still couldn't feel it! Then he found the heartbeat and it was good, 148 BPM. I asked if there's any truth to a lower heart rate meaning a boy, and he said it's true half the time Wink But everything looks really great and he even said a couple times how excited he is for me! (He's been my OB/GYN for a year and a half and did my surgery last year and kept telling me back then how we WERE going to get me pregnant!)

I didn't feel that kick today, but I have wondered a lot lately if I'm feeling some movement. Feels like gas, but in my uterus instead. So exciting!!!

Sorry this is getting so long but I have a lot to tell you and ask!!! This is my last thing. I'm wondering if you have any advice about packing for 4 weeks away with a growing tummy??? I really don't know how big I'll be and my pregnancy books say how the baby will be growing so fast over the next few weeks, increasing in weight and such. I'm okay for mat pants & shorts, but it's tops that have me stumped. Do I bother bringing things that fit me now but are quite fitted around the belly? How many mat shirts do I bring that are too big right now? I am lucky in that I have a lot of borrowed mat clothes from friends but it's hard to know what to pack!!! thanks in advance.
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks for you concern Sapphire & Georgi. It was only that one night for about a 2 hour timeframe. Since then I've been suffering from upper back pain, so I rub some muscle relaxing cream after my back and the pain only starts late in the following day.

Sapphire, as far as summer has been going here, it's been awesome!!! lots of rain, some sunshine, some cool days, I couldn't ask for a better summer being pregnant!! So far..... Today and tomorrow are suppose to be the warmer day this week 23 and 27, Sat chances of thunderstorms and Sunday cooler, YAY!!! Oh I remember the one summer just a few years ago, DF and I nearly died!!! We bought an air conditioner the following year and only had to use it a handful of times for only 1 summer. I also responded on AWH on what you should bring on your trip, I hope you have a wonderful trip hun, wish you were closer so we could of met up. Hopefully someday...

Oh and I swear my baby is breech, i will have my doctor have a feel for him on Monday and if he is, then I will be religiously doing the exercise for him to turn over. I'm a little concerned though, he's been in this position for weeks now and if it's indeed a breech position, I fear he is 'stuck' that way, since it feels as though he's got no room to move. So lets all keep our fingers crossed that he's not (I honestly think he is Cry ) It's just that I'm being induced early, so I've not got much time to turn him around...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Oh Gutter I feel for you I really do! Hopefully your LO does move although I suspected Theo was breech at my 36 wk appointment it wasn't confirmed until 39 weeks so all too late to 'try' and move him naturally or otherwise!

Sapphire - Just make sure you have some vest tops/t-shirts that are long enough so that if your bump does all of a sudden POP you've still got plently of length in your tops to cover your bump unless of course you don't mind your bump peeking through...?? Have you got any skirts that have an elastic waist?? You asked me if I was wearing a maternity skirt in the bump thread but it's just a skirt with an elasticated waist band. You may want to take some BIG knickers that can stretch over your bump nothing worse than knickers that dig in!

I think your OB is/was concerned about your dizzy spell because it would indicate that your blood pressure at that point was low and a continuous low blood pressure wouldn't be good for you. The fact is it was a one off thing so I think it's just like I get when I get up too quickly but yours was much more severe. Just pace yourself and make sure you STILL snack little and often especially when on holiday!!

x x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Had to log back on to say Sapphire I think what you are feeling IS your baby move!!! I was 16 weeks on the nose when I felt Theo move for the first time and it felt like a little bubbling sensation in my uterus when it kept happening in the same place and the sensation got more intense I just knew 100% that it was my baby!!

This time around I have already felt some movement rather like someone running their finger down the inside of my uterus..it tickles and makes me actually scratch my bump Smile/happy

Congratulations on feeling movement........wait for the kicks!! lol
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:13 pm

I agree with Georgi - I think you are feeing movement! I felt movement at 14 weeks. it was very faint and I usually noticed it in the evening when I was home and still.

As far as maternity clothes go.... I would take some things that you know you have a little room. If I remember correctly my maternity clothes fit through out the pregnancy with the exception of a few things I bought early on that were slightly more fitted and I only had to buy a few things at around 34 weeks when I really popped out!

Gutter - I had/have sciatic nerve damage and I know how miserable you must have been! If it continues tell your doctor and they may prescribe some physical therapy which is the only way I survived my pregnancy!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20295
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:40 pm

I totally missed the movement comment from Sapphire. My sister is just 2 weeks ahead of you and she kept thinking she was getting gas daily. Well I told her no way she'd be having gas feelings every day, so she has felt hte baby move for a week and then suddenly hasn't felt it for a week, so who really knows. As for both my pregnancies, I felt Audrey consistently from 17 weeks onwards and with this one, I have felt movement from 19 weeks onwards. They say you feel earlier with your second, but for me, it wasn't that way...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:16 pm

So the only appointment DF comes to and I get an in office u/s, YAY!!! My baby is most definately a boy and is most definately head down!!!! YAY!!!! My doc didn't want to check until 36 weeks, but I told him I wanted to do some exercises if he wasn't, because of the fact that I'm being induced early, so he understood where I was coming from. He said he'll do another u/s at 36 weeks just to make sure he hasn't moved. I gained 3 lbs in 2 weeks, haha!! So I'm up to a 30 lbs increase now weighing 130 lbs.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:40 pm

I don't have too much time but I wanted to thank you all for the replies!! I appreciate the packing tips, that was really helpful. All my pants/capris/shorts are maternity now so I packed those, and I did follow your advice to bring loose tops that are long enough to cover so hopefully I will be okay!

Thanks too for your comments about feeling the baby's movement, it has still felt a bit like gas (though I know it's not), though once a few days ago I felt what you describe, Georgi, that 'finger' on the inside. But not much since then, though, but I've heard it can be a bit sporadic at first. Hopefully soon!!

The shower yesterday was amazing, I totally got spoiled by my in laws. So amazing and they were so generous!!

Georgi are you still sick? How have you been?

Gutter that's such great news about the baby not being breech!! so glad for you!!!

better run ladies but take care!!!
xoxox
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:04 pm

Hey Georgi, how have you been hun?? Is your m/s subsiding finally??

Sapphire, I'm sooo happy about your baby shower, that's awesome!!! I wish I had a big baby shower, I actually had a surprise shower from DF's mom, sister, aunt and grandma. I still got quite a few things, but would of been great to get together with everyone. Hope you are enjoying the great 'ol TO Smile/happy Weather has certainly been liveable Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Gutter - that is fantastic news that baby is thr right way up YAY!!! Smile/happy Have they not given you an induction date as yet?? I find it crazy as I know ladies (on another site) who are due the same time as me and they already have a scheduled c-section date!! shock

Sapphire - Glad you got the clothes all sorted for holiday...when are you off?? We are going on holiday in a few weeks and I will be having the same problems as you LOL!! Lovely to hear the shower was a great success Smile/happy

Thanks to both of you for asking how I am.....I am actually feeling a lot better, don't get me wrong I have my moments and the gag reflex thing is really bad but overall my nausea IS betting better, I can certainly cope!

I have posted a new bump piccy....not much to see still which totally amazes me as I was sure by 14 weeks I would have a proud bump but I just look a little flabby around the waist Cry maybe one of these days I will just 'POP'!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Georgi, I will certainly have to go and take a peak at your bump, I should be posting one tonight too, 32 weeks already!!! As for induction, my OB is going for a non-invasive induction. So at around 37 weeks, he's going to check me to see if I'm dilated and probably do a membrane sweep or something. I have yet to know what will happen. I think basically we have to wait until 37 weeks to see if I've progressed at all....I'm getting anxious, but still am not ready, got lots of organizing, washing, fetching the bassinet to do....oh yeah I did see your tummy just haven't posted, hasn't gotten much bigger that's for sure, guess you are in better shape then you expected Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:09 pm

Gosh that's not all that long away at all is it! I am going to 'try' and start getting thing's sorted out before I get huge as I know I won't feel much up to it so we are going to re-paint the nursery and move thing's around next week. Gunna go and see if you've posted a bump pic Smile/happy I agree my bump hasn't grown much at all...it'll all catch up I'm sure!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 am

Confused I had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday ladies it wasn't red, very much pink and I haven't had any since but I also felt a bit crampy yesterday too, wondering what caused it??? (no sex)
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:54 pm

I have no clue hun, glad it hasn't come back though!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 31  Next