Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

+14
MommaBear
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
galaxy
24Penguins
Gutter
dolly's momma
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
chrisb
Lou Lou
Ginny
Angel
18 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! Empty Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  Angel Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:58 pm

I created this so we can ALL post in it! All give updates on our babies etc... Smile/happy BUT I will leave the other more 'age appropriate' ones up in case anyone feels inclined to post there.If after a while they are dead.I will archive them! Smile/happy Get posting everyone.Haley,Ms Cherry,Ginny,Loulou,Sky,Niki,Nika,and EVERY lol lol lol ONE else who feels like it! xxxx

Last edited by Angel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21319
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  Ginny Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks Holi!! I know that we are all welcome thank you! Smile/happy

Chrisb, yes i am still nursing thane and he DOES drink cows milk while he is away from me but usually on weekends he just wants to nurse. But he really likes his milk and drinks it well for everyone else lol

I didn't mean to get your thread changed though :S sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! look forward to continue reading up on all your babies!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20110
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  Lou Lou Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Ginny - I think I speak for everyone else when I say that this feels right! Since we are such a small group I would rather us all be together! You didn't mess up any thing!!! You made it better!!!!! Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy

Not much to report. I realized earlier this week that most of what is on TV is junk and I don't want Owen (or me) to watch junk anymore. So, I'm proud to report that this is my 3rd TV free day and it's been great so far! Owen and I have played more, read more books, listened to CDs and just overall enjoyed each other more. I highly recommend it!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20268

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Go loulou!! I wish I could do that. Emy never use to watch tv until I started watching this 4 month old. Emy get so jealous when i feed her I have to put on mickey mouse to distract her or she freaks out and tries to pull the bottle away and just yells.

I like this too.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17832
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:28 am

Lou Lou wrote:Ginny - I think I speak for everyone else when I say that this feels right! Since we are such a small group I would rather us all be together! You didn't mess up any thing!!! You made it better!!!!! Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy

Not much to report. I realized earlier this week that most of what is on TV is junk and I don't want Owen (or me) to watch junk anymore. So, I'm proud to report that this is my 3rd TV free day and it's been great so far! Owen and I have played more, read more books, listened to CDs and just overall enjoyed each other more. I highly recommend it!!!

Yes Ginny,stop saying sorry.I just noticed over the last couple of weeks that sevral mums with older kids were appologising for posting in 'our' thread.I don't want anyone to feel left out or restricted to a certain thread by their kids age SO....now we have this one...problem solved.NOthing for anyone to worry about or be sorry for! xx Kiss

Loulou,I totally admire your decision.I send your strength to stick to it.I TOTALLY agree on the whole there being nothing but weirdness and trash on TV.Part of what I subscribe to (belief wise) with 'the secret/law of attraction" tells me that we should not watch negative things on TV such as news ( not that I ever really watched it much anyway) or disturbing thins because it impacts our thoughts,therefore our energy/vibrations and what we get back...ah.I wont go off on that one sorry LOL It works for us so far though Smile/happy I havn't had a cold for over a 18 months just from positive thought! lol I read your sisiters getting married and that you are helping plan her wedding?How exciting!She is so lucky to have you,bet your rawk with all your experience too! Tongue Hey does she have flowers yet? Does she maybe want crystal bouquets??? Tongue

as for me.I know some of you know from facebook or otherwise but ...that house we wanted that I posted the link to...it's ours!I called back,turns out it wasnt gone.We got it,signing the lease on monday! So excited! So happy.We have a fourth bedroom on the ground floor for all our famil to visit just as I had hoped,it's in a gorgeous neighbourhood and there is a montessoru school ( what I wanted for Teo) RIGHT in front of our neighbourhood.It's in a wooded area and has 4 parks and a pool in our community HOLLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I am so pleased,just means tommorow,we have to drive to cornelius.I am going to see if I can;t leave Teo with MIL s coz if I take him with us....welll...I don't want to think about taking him into a realtors office and meeting our ladnlord.he might change his mind upon meeting him! :S I hate to talk about my son like that but it gets that bad! Anyway,anyone want to keep my 5 yr old for a ocuple of days? Tongue JK T-li is well.She is standing,babbling,letting go a bit.crawling at the speed of light still.I have been giving her bits of chopped up banana,toast,cucumber and othe things and she is eating them no probs,with the occasional gag.I obviously don't leave her side while she eats but she can do it byherslef.I am so pleased!

Anyway,hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 am

I like this!!! I am glad we are all together Smile/happy

I don't have much time for personals.... but just wanted to comment about the no cable thing. WE DON'T EITHER. Haven't for 7 months. LM still likes to watch dvds every once in a while, but I feel way more in control of what is on. She can watch wonder pets, pocoyo, and Baby Einstein videos... that's all I ever allow her. She has seen Finding Nemo a few times... but she doesn't really like it yet.

Love you all, and this is a great idea for a forum.

"I am here and you are here and we are here and we are all together...............
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20877

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:24 pm

anyway holi...i'm sorry...Tongue haha jk! i told holi last nite that its usually a southern thing to be "sorry" a lot! lol for example my sis was at a gay club one nite and every time a chick would say..."so are u gay?" or whatever they said...she look all upset and concerned and would say apologetically... "no!! .... i'm sorry" lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

i think this is a great idea! thanks holi! Smile/happy

ok..whew! thane is asleep now - i was nursing so maybe i can type quicker now!

So, i am totally going freakin crazy lately with the separation anxiety. i LOVE thane more than life, but my GOD..."MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA" is driving me up the FREAKIN WALL! I can't do ANYTHING! And me and ray got into it (well I got into it with him...he doesn't GET INTO IT...) cuz thane was whining and pointing to the dust mop. I told him "Thane get the dust mop" and he would point and whine. Then I'd say "OK, MOMMY get the dust mop " and i would push it around. And he would stop and whine and cry in the middle of the floor and point. So I said OK, MOmmy hold you and push the dust mop. He was happy as a lark!! He was smilnig and watching the dust mop go! So i asked ray "Have you done this with him?" and he said no. I said "Well Jaime (the sitter) said she doesn't either so how did he learn this if none of us have ever done it?" and he said "Cuz he knows Mommy will do it, cuz he's spoiled". I HIT THE F'N ROOF!!!!!!!!!! No, its probably because mommy bathes him, feeds him (regular food), nurses him, gets him to sleep, plays with him, reads to him, holds him, NURTURES him, and damn near EVERYTHING for him...of course ray said "Why are you being mean?" while he sat there in his freakin recliner drinking a Miller light Confused UGH!!! So, i was pissed...

But anyway, i don't want to trash him out cuz he IS a good daddy, and he is excellent at cleaning house - thats mostly what he is doing while i am feeding, bathing, and nurturing Thane. I just think sometimes we should trade ... and the "He wants you not me.." might change!! He was SOOO involved with blaine and practically raised him alone til i came along..so i am just kinda like "WTF?" why don't you do that with thane..and i guess its actually cuz i don't let him maybe Ashamed oh well...enough bitching lol

I better get off here and do some laundry. ray is working at the stereo shop today...RN by week, Stereo Installer by weekend Tongue He's so talented! I do love him but could have rung his neck last night lol

XXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Wow, no tv. Personally, I think the whole house would go into apoleptic shock from the awful withdrawal symptoms of no TV. J/K. But, we watch alot of tv, although we do a lot of stuff together too. But, I commend your commitment to stick to your decision.

Jayden is feeling much better healthwise. Her congestion/cough/runny nose/ear infection seem to be clearing up quite well. Her appetite is back. Yesterday she ate a small order of hashbrowns, a cup of milk, 1 1/2 packs of oatmeal, apple juice, a mini banana, another cup of milk, 2 suckers(blame the beautician), 4 piece chicken nuggets, a few apple slices, chicken leg, and then a third cup of milk. I know it wasn't a healthy day, but we were gone ALL DAY long yesterday ripping and running. I had a hair appt yesterday morning at 9, then Jayden and I went to Walmart. We came home for about an hour, then took Jadah to her hair appt for 4. That's where the day went straight to hell. Jayden couldn't take being out that long, and by 7:30 I drove 25 minutes to take her home, and then went back to the hair shop(25 minutes) to get Jadah. I was so pissed at them cause it took them 4.5 hours just to do Jadah's hair. They kept pushing her aside to do someone else's hair. Jayden caught a temper tantrum so bad at the hair shop. She fell out in the parking lot, screaming and kicking, didn't want me to pick her up. It took her about 15-20 minutes to calm down and breathe normally after that episode. She even gagged really bad from crying and had to throw the truck in park right in traffic to snatch her out of the truck cause she couldn't catch her breath from gagging. My nerves were so shot, I couldn't think straight.

DF and I have been going at it. He's too much of a "neat freak" and nags about dumb stuff. He'll complain if the house is like a 2 out of 10 on the cleanliness scale. And with so much going on, it just pisses me off to no end. I know for a fact that I don't really contribute to the "mess", cause our house is rarely tore up. But, I catch the heat. Lately, he's been resentful because he feels that he comes last, especially with his homework. My whole thing with that is, I'm on my last class, and should feel some relief cause I'm finished at last. But, I can't because I feel like the day I graduate is the day he starts needing my help a whole lot more for school. The questions he asks sometimes are just blatant "lazy" questions that he could look up himself to find the answer to. He says I'm super smart and should have no problems helping him no matter what his questions. But I disagree. How the hell does he learn, if I'm "doing" the work, or telling him where to go to find the answers, which I have to look up my own self, by the way. Last night, after the day I had, it all came to a head. After a lot of phone arguing, he decided that after last night's help, he will not ask me for help for anything else regarding school, which is dumb, but he is an all or nothing type of guy. So be it, I got too much other stuff on my mind and plate to worry about his "issues". I hate to put it that way, but hell, what would he do if he were single, and decided to go back to school. I know...he would do it solo, that's what. He emailed me when he got to work, and talked about how he loves me and am glad we argue every once in a while cause that means we haven't given up, and he realizes that neither of us are perfect, and that we will be together forever, and so the arguments will come, but as long as the good overrides the bad, then we're fine, and I agree.

Anywho! On to more happy matters. The owners of the hair shop are husband and wife and we were talking yesterday about me losing my job, and what I can and want to do. When he learned that I can design web pages, he asked me to design them a website. I am excited to be putting to use what I've learned in school, I am a bit nervous. However, not overly so, because I have a feeling that he may try and not pay me much. I think I'm going to charge him $250, which is a hell of a lot cheaper than real people would charge him. Real people, ha ha. First I'm going to design his home page just to give him an idea of how it will look, then give him a price, if he doesn't like it, then I would do anymore. But, I think he'll agree, since most places charge like $1000 for what all he wants.

I know that this was a long post, but I guess I had quite a bit to say today. Have a wonderful day, and kiss all of your babies for me. I am really thankful for you ladies. Ashamed
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19425
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:09 pm

We hardly ever have the tv on during the day. Lucy has one show she is absolutely enthralled with, we watch it when I need 20 minutes to do something like take a shower lol. I have like 30 episodes on the dvr!

It is called Yo Gabba Gabba, and is on Nogin and NickJr. It is really good, it seems to be social lessons and incorporates everything with music. When DJ Lance Rock shows up on the screen Lucy drops everything and stares at the tv, she has started dancing with the theme song when she is in her exersaucer.

dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18392
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:44 pm

I've seen that show! It is too funny. Jayden's not really into too much tv, but will stop here and there and tune into it. So most of the time, I end up watching Backyardigans, Oswald, Go Diego, Handy Mandy, and all that, while she's running around trying to see what she can get into.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Awe Im sorry you had such a rough day Ms Cherry!! Whew, it sounds like you are lucky to have not had a breakdown! I don't blame you!!!

I know exactly what you mean about them bitching about the house being dirty! Ray says its a pig sty when there is a couple of stray toys in the floor! or he will say its filthy when i am like "dude...have you EVER seen filth!?" This is NOT it!!! Ugh! Cry I do understand HUGS

As for TV, well we bought one of those that hang on the wall. its like a 50 inch or something. and you know what!? Its 1:15 and since me and thane are alone it hasn't been turned on ALL DAY! what a waste of money for me Tongue Ray loves it though. Thane wathces the backyardigans and spongebob, and to my dismay the Ellen Degeneres show *shudders* I just can't stand her :S when he is with Jaime Wink She likes to keep the tv on for background noise while she is keeping THane.

OH and ms cherry! That's awesome about building web pages!! Do you write all the html and all that or do you use Dreamweaver or something like that or both? I am a SQL database programmer and use Oracle Business Intelligence to build reports for project managers and engineers here at our base. its really cool! I have some limited html background, but have been able to build some sites with dreamweaver. What is your degree in? Mine is Computer Information Systems Smile/happy That's really cool! Good luck on the site building!!!!

XXXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Audrey loves YoGabbaGabba too Smile/happy

Audrey's been spinning herself in circles lately and the other day she was putting a hat on my head, it was cute. She's growing up so fast.

We went to her friends 3rd bday party 1.5 hours away and she had a blast, did really well from 10:30am to 4:30pm.

Gotta go and put a baby oh I mean toddler to bed, later!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20086
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Mscherry and Ginny, I hear you on being annoyed with your significant other.

Mine is making me feel very insignificant right now. I am frustrated. We were supposed to buy a laptop so that he could go into our bed room to do his schooling which is an online university. Our PC is in the front room, we do not have a t.v. at all anywhere in the house. We really don't need a t.v. because we don't want cable, and we can watch dvd's on our computer, but in the end, DH decided he wants to wait until he gets a job to buy the laptop which I completely understand. But when he is on the computer all day and I am all caught up with the housework, or just needing a break to watch a dvd or something... I have no access to the computer. He was being a typical stubborn Aries today. When I told him that I am unhappy with the amount of quality time we spend together i.e. that he spends all day and evenings on the computer while I do EVERYTHING else in the house i.e. cleaning and taking care of LM he says to me," Well our life works for me."

He annoys the crap out of me. He says really emotionless and spiteful things when I want to talk about my feelings and won't have a real conversation until after I am so worked up that I am crying and nearly shouting.

He went to a soccer game tonight... GOOD FREAKING RIDDANCE!!! Finally I get to just relax and not be bored out of my freaking mind. Men are SO darn annoying sometimes! Also he is such a nightmare when he is unemployed. He gets super stressy and snappy and impossible. I'm sorry but no matter how much you love each other, men and women should not be home together all day everyday, living in each other's butts!

As for LM, she has now figured out how to open cupboards, so the baby safety latches need to go on!!!

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Oh Girls!!!!! I'm so sorry so many of you are having trouble with your DHs/DFs. Believe me, I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!
My DH can be soooo wonderful sometimes, super helpful, encouraging, affectionate..... and then UGH! He can turn around and be the complete opposite!!!!
I don't get it! Why do they do that? And why do they want to have a children with us but then they don't want to actually help raise them?

Ginny - we have a 52 inch TV in our living room, one in our keeping room, master bedroom and our office. So yeah, we need to cool it with our love affair with the TV! It's always on - mostly just for background noise. The house always felt so empty when I was home during the day. But it's been really refreshing! I've read a couple of books and I've been cooking more, etc. At first I just wanted to limit how often I watch it but then I read about a 30 day challenge to just turn it off completely so that's what I'm trying to do..... except for Lost..... I've gotta watch Lost! Ashamed

So today, I had the chance to get out of the house for a few hours alone so I wanted to go into some little specialty shops nearby and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM CLOSES EARLY ON SATURDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came home like an hour after I left the house and my husband asked me why I came home early and I burst into tears! I was so frustrated! I got so upset I just came home! Now, it will be at least a week before I get the chance to get out alone again! Pooh!

Well, I just realized this post has absolutely nothing to with babies! Sorry! (yes Ginny! being apologetic IS a southern thing! lol!)

Oh, Holi..... I'm not doing a wedding right now..... maybe you read an old post? I did my brother's wedding back in November but I don't have anything new in the works. If I do one again - I'll def. be calling you!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

OMG lou.I feel like a right numpty now.I just realised that it's the 'other' stacie that I have on ffacebook.I just saw 'stacey'(even though they are spelt differently ) and thought (oh yeah) I got confused with the mailey/stacey/lou thing and then someone else I met online called stacie...well I think it just proved too much :S I got confused Confused Ashamed Ashamed Sorry!LOL Anyway...yes bear me in mind for wedding everyone.I hope to start my own business at some point! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:52 pm

thane just nodded his head yes he wanted a banana and then said nana!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile/happy yay!! hes shook his head no for months but this was his 1st nod Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Holi..... ask long as she's "the other Stacie" then we are cool! HUGS

Hope everyone is doing better with their men today!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Ginny that is so cute! Yay for Thane saying Nana and for the head shake!

LM has a chesty cough. I am so worried. I am taking her to urgent care today. Last night when I was rocking her before bed I noticed that she seemed to be breathing more heavily and sharply than usual and when she woke up today she had a nasty cough. I don't think that with babies any chances should be taken when they have coughs... so I am taking her in when she wakes up from her nap. She's never had a cough before.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Ginny wrote:thane just nodded his head yes he wanted a banana and then said nana!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile/happy yay!! hes shook his head no for months but this was his 1st nod Smile/happy

YAY Thane, Audrey still nods no, haha!! Thank goodness she doesn't know the word...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20086
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Gutter wrote:
Ginny wrote:thane just nodded his head yes he wanted a banana and then said nana!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile/happy yay!! hes shook his head no for months but this was his 1st nod Smile/happy

YAY Thane, Audrey still nods no, haha!! Thank goodness she doesn't know the word...

omg gutter you are so lucky! LOL! kaydance picked that word up, and its all we hear LOL!!! that and uh-oh and peek-a-boo lol!!! but i swear 3/4 times its NNNNOOOOOOO!!!! she screams it too! little brat lol!! and she will shake her head no at the same time lol!!! we have been trying to get her to nod yes, but so far no luck...
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18790
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Jayden nods yes and shakes her head no, but she hasn't mastered what each mean yet. For instance, "Jayden, do you love me?" She shakes her head no. My ego just won't let me accept that one as real. Cry lol
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Emy will mostly shake her head no, and will shake no to any question DH asks her. But if I ask her a question and nod yes then she will nod yes too. We use her as a tool sometimes. I'll go "Emy is daddy going to drive mommy insane", and I will say yes and she will nod yes. Then it cracks me uo because DH will say "Emy isn't mommy already insane", and he will nod yes but she will shake her head NO. Of course shes on my side, hehe.

Tiff- let us know what happens at the doctor. How did she sleep last night?
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Ginny- i was going to ask. Do you give thane milk in a bottle too or do other people just give it to him and you just nurse? Did that make sense?
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:35 pm

I gave emy her first bottle of milk to see if she would try it and to see if she can tolerate it since she has had limited dairy. She won't give the bottle back to me. She drank about half the milk, I don't know if she just wants to chew on it or if its something new.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Hey Chrisb! I know what you mean! To my surprise Thane really liked cow's milk also Smile/happy He was drinking it in a bottle, but considering how much he hated the bottle, it was no biggie weaning him. When I give him milk, I either put it in a sippy cup, a bathroom cup, or a sippy with a straw. He likes to make such a mess though by turning the sippies upside down and making milk angels it can be frustrating!

I also have given him those Danimals or Yoplait Kids with Dora the Explorer or BLues Clues since he was like 2 months old, but now I just tear off the lid and let him take sips out of them. Sometimes I let him do it, but not too often cuz he always makes a mess lol

He is still nursing also, like you said, but no where near like he used to. Its mostly just so he can mark his territory when i get home from work and around naps. He has never been on a schedule, so he sorta eats on demand Smile/happy (nursing anyway), he is on a pretty main schedule for bfast, snacks and lunch and supper...

anyway, hello to everyone! just wanted to answer chris right fast...
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next