Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

+14
MommaBear
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
galaxy
24Penguins
Gutter
dolly's momma
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
chrisb
Lou Lou
Ginny
Angel
18 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi ladies.

That is so cute about the head nodding or shaking. LM still does not shake her head no or nod for yes. She is so ahead in some things, and so behind in others! Yesterday when my husband asked her to give him something she smiled and put it into his hand which was super cute.

Chrisb- I just saw your new ticker. Loving the count down to age 2. That's good that Emy took the milk in the bottle.

Skyllar
- How are things with you?

Lou Lou- Anything new?

Everyone else.... how are you????

To answer the question of how LM slept last night. She was put down to sleep at about 7 pm and went down easily. About an hour later she woke up crying. I got her back to sleep and my hubby said she slept until 5 a.m. So she did about 9 hours straight.

As for the doctors, he said she only had a bad cold. She is coughing up crap, but he said her lungs are clear so it's not bronchitis or anything. He said if the cough persists or doesn't improve or worsens over the next 3 days to bring her back in. She had a pretty nasty fever when they checked her temperature at the doctors office, and she was still smiling and waving and charming the doctor and his assistant!

I am dreading tonight Cry I think it's going to be tough. LM has hardly napped today because of her stuffy nose Cry I borrowed a cool air humidifier from my neighbor, hopefully it helps her.

Let me know how you are all doing!!!

xxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  Lou Lou Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm here! We are all doing fine just busy. I am having to go back to PT for my TMJ. It totally sucks but for the past few days I haven't been able to open my mouth very wide. (I can get my pinky finger in there!) I have to drive 40 miles 3 times a week to see this PT!!!!!

Owen is doing great. Although, he's been waking in the night crying and I think it's because he is throwing his paci over the side! Last night I put 3 pacies in the bed and he slept all night! Thank God!!!!! He has been shaking his head no for quite some time but I'm sure it doesn't really mean anything to him. He still just has the two teeth and I've noticed recently that his play is becoming more developed. Does that make sense?!

Anyway, I'm doing ok but I'll admit..... I think I'm experiencing so *mild* depression. I feel really overwhelmed with the day to day tasks of being at home. I'm one of those people that gets an idea in her mind and then can't deviated from the plan at all. So, I have become slightly obsessed with all things domestic but at the same time I'm so BORED!!!! Owen is still napping every 2 hours and if he misses a nap it ruins our day so I pretty much try to hang close by and just run quick errands in between just so I can get out of the house but keep him on his nap schedule. I'm so freaked out about keeping the house clean that it keeps me from starting projects if I know they can't be finished in an hour sitting, etc..... I know I need to snap out of it but I just can't. We are going to turn our bonus room into a craft room for me which I think will help but I have yet to do anything with the space. I finally bought paint yesterday and my best friend is coming over the first Saturday in April to help me paint. I also having a friend coming over Wed that is going to teach me to sew so that should be fun. I'm really trying to find fun things to do that will keep me busy but then my eye goes back to my cleaning schedule and I freak out cuz I missed a day!

It's OK to say it girls..... you all think I have lost my mind!!!! Smile/happy
I feel like I'm still trying to adjust to staying at home and being a mom. I feel like I've lost my identity..... I wear jeans instead of high heals every day and my biggest accomplishment last week was getting a library card. OMG. I sound like a weirdo just writing it all out!

Sorry.... I feel like I do A LOT of complaining here. I don't want to be so whiny but I don't have anyone else to talk to about it because I feel like I'm complaining over such dumb things. I mean, how many women would love to be home with their children all day?! Thanks for letting me get it off my chest!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Lou Lou wrote:I'm here! We are all doing fine just busy. I am having to go back to PT for my TMJ. It totally sucks but for the past few days I haven't been able to open my mouth very wide. (I can get my pinky finger in there!) I have to drive 40 miles 3 times a week to see this PT!!!!!

Owen is doing great. Although, he's been waking in the night crying and I think it's because he is throwing his paci over the side! Last night I put 3 pacies in the bed and he slept all night! Thank God!!!!! He has been shaking his head no for quite some time but I'm sure it doesn't really mean anything to him. He still just has the two teeth and I've noticed recently that his play is becoming more developed. Does that make sense?!

Anyway, I'm doing ok but I'll admit..... I think I'm experiencing so *mild* depression. I feel really overwhelmed with the day to day tasks of being at home. I'm one of those people that gets an idea in her mind and then can't deviated from the plan at all. So, I have become slightly obsessed with all things domestic but at the same time I'm so BORED!!!! Owen is still napping every 2 hours and if he misses a nap it ruins our day so I pretty much try to hang close by and just run quick errands in between just so I can get out of the house but keep him on his nap schedule. I'm so freaked out about keeping the house clean that it keeps me from starting projects if I know they can't be finished in an hour sitting, etc..... I know I need to snap out of it but I just can't. We are going to turn our bonus room into a craft room for me which I think will help but I have yet to do anything with the space. I finally bought paint yesterday and my best friend is coming over the first Saturday in April to help me paint. I also having a friend coming over Wed that is going to teach me to sew so that should be fun. I'm really trying to find fun things to do that will keep me busy but then my eye goes back to my cleaning schedule and I freak out cuz I missed a day!

It's OK to say it girls..... you all think I have lost my mind!!!! Smile/happy
I feel like I'm still trying to adjust to staying at home and being a mom. I feel like I've lost my identity..... I wear jeans instead of high heals every day and my biggest accomplishment last week was getting a library card. OMG. I sound like a weirdo just writing it all out!

Sorry.... I feel like I do A LOT of complaining here. I don't want to be so whiny but I don't have anyone else to talk to about it because I feel like I'm complaining over such dumb things. I mean, how many women would love to be home with their children all day?! Thanks for letting me get it off my chest!

Hey Lou,my hunny sweety darling Smile/happy

Firstly...yes you are right,We are lucky to stay at home with our babies and I wouldnt trade it BUT (BIG but here and I am sure I am not alone in saying this) it is EXTREMELY difficult.You are tired,you are ENTIRELY devoted to being a 24/7 servant.You get no break and it's expected of you by the general population because 'what else do you do?' and hubby is 'bringin in the money and working hard all day so why should he do anything '? I do not agree with those at all but that is often the impression that is made and the mould we feel forced to fit into as the dutiful.loving mother /wife OR we simply do it anyway because we do it better/faster or becaise baby 'only wants us' Either way ,you are forced and stuck somtimes into this role which leaves little if ANY time for personal things that are vital to ones self esteem,sanity and general good mental/physical health.You are NOT crazy,I am certain that many if not all the mums on here can somewhat relate and PLEASE don't applogise,you are not always whining.you are a very smart,wonderful woman who is self critial and who is trying hard to make herself better in all areas all the time.It's a good and bad thing.I am the same.my own worst critic.At the risk of sounding big headed.I think I give great advice to people,but often,if not always fail to see it/take it myself and therefore do not set a great example in many areas.

You are doing GREAT! Now...some advice...let me think...

You,firstly MUST simply MUST have something for you.Weathe rit's coming on here,making your crafts or whatever floats your boat.I personally ( Although i have much bigger plans) for now,come online and play the xbox.Whenever a baby/child is busy/sleeping I come online (pr try to with this crappy connection) and or play the xbox.I LOVE to read so sometimes i shut myself off and read.As for the wearing jeans constantly....Go and raid your wardrobe...pick out a skirt...a dress,some shorts...a NICE pair of pants and a 'shirt' or 'top' rather than a t shirt.It doesnt matter if you don't go anywhere...also put some make-up on EVERYday...It WILL help you feel better.EVen if it's just mascara! Smile/happy You have to make some physical changes in order to feel them on the inside...I hear you also about Owen needing to nap and this kind of binding you to the house BUT....when he's awake,or when hubby is home in the evening or weekend,dash to the store and buy somethign for you,even if it's only $5....

I dont know how your money situation is,but ours WAS not great until very recently and we're still catching up.But 2 weeks ago.I decided that I was going to buy some new underwear.I had only those hideous pairs (yes you have ALL seen them) the polka dots,the pink/purple stripes.the lime green VERY comfy,but cotton and frumpy pairs...Enough I decided.Now of COURSE I wouldt have LOVED to have gone to Victorias secret and spent $200 on lingerie...BUT I went to TJ max and spent what I hink is a very modest $37 on 3 new bras and four pairs of undies...they ALWAY have a sale somewhere and my underwear is lacy and pretty and I DESERVE it.So do you.You do not stop existing once you have a baby.I frequently have to do things to remind me AND everyone around that I am damn well not some frugly old past sell by date,boring person.Weather that be,saying something outrageous,wearing a short skirt.Dancing on a bar,going to kareoke.Buying sexy underwear and posting pics all over the net :O

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 S3600110

Then so be it! Tongue BUt SHOW the world that you exist,start with you.You are here.What do you feel like doing?maybe you cant do it all or right now,but dont stop dreaming,getting there bit by bit.Actively taking steps (liek finishing your craft room EXCELLENT idea!) and if YOU cant go out,invite over a girlfriend and open a bottle of wine and send hubby out with a friend or somewhere,rent a movie,cook something exotic and remember you are 'cool' and who cares what anyone thinks but you.You don't HAVE to keep house like martha f in stuart,just do your best and if someone doesnt like it.They can damn well walk a mile in your shoes and see how well they do! You will be ok sweety.One more peice of advice I know everyone is thinking 'shut the HELL up about it Holi" but please..rent/watch..."the secret' you are so close in so many ways to this positive thought,but I think perhaps it could give you some more pointers on how to 'not get dragged down in a spiral of defeat' You rawk girl! hang in there and please come here whenever!

love you! xxxxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:00 am

Woo hoo look at that hot ass!!!!! Tongue ....Already seen it though...got any new ones!? LOL

Lou Lou, I think I can understand and appreciate where you are coming from, although I am back at work and have been since he was 4 months old. When you are at home and assume full on mommyhood 24-7 you very much lose your sense of self. It DOES get better!! I know I went thru that more with Blaine because I was 24 years old, married into having a baby - didn't have the pregnancy leading up to the thought, then bam, I am a mother! I only worked 3 12 hour shifts, so for 4 days out of the week I was a SAHM with Blaine. I must say I very much lost the sense of who I was for those 4 days and couldn't wait til Ray would get home so we could have some adult conversation! I hope you feel better and I am really sorry Cry It honestly DOES get better though the older they get. Before long he will entertain himself you will be like - HEY Remember me!? Smile/happy Hang in there!!! XXXX

As for me this morning...do you ever just wake up and think .. "Wow...I COULD REALLY CHOKE A BITCH!?" Well, that is how my morning is going...
Let me explain...

At sunday school yesterday, the SAME kid that is ALWAYS F'N sick, gets to the nursery and his mom drops him off like she ALWAYS F'N does!!! At first I was like "Whew! Great he ISN"T sick today!!" THen he walks up to Thane and tries to take his toy...and SNEEZES in Thane's face!!!! "Oh its Allergies" claims the nursery worker...well tons of F'N green snot was pouring down his face!!!!!!!!!! For the record...allergy snot is clear NOT Green!!!!!!!
:angry:
WTF!! WHY BRING YOUR SICK KID TO A NURSERY!!!!!!!!!!! There is a note on the door that says not to bring them in!!!

SOOOOOOOO...guess how MY night went!?!?!?! Thane was up all night not able to breathe thru his nose and he is all stuffy and coughing (I thoguht you couldn't CATCH allergies!! Confused )....so for ONE hour of his life that I let him go play at sunday school, I have lost about 3 hours of sleep if not more, i am gonna have to miss some of MY work, AND Pay the dr' copay, AND probably get a F'N prescription just because ONE STUPID BITCH HAD TO TAKE HER SICK KID TO SUNDAY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm sorry ladies, but i just am soooo pissed off right now cuz this chick ALWAYS does this....the last 4 times AT LEAST that thane has been sick was due to THIS kid!!

ANd I am terrified something will happen to THane!! Where I live, we have been having tons of horrible stories of babies just barely sick with a head cold are dying!!!! And they are just about Thane's age Cry I cannot bear the thought of it. So, all night I was staring at him making sure he was breathing.

He is a SAH - baby with his nanny coming here all week, so he is not used to being around all those sick kids Cry I just had to vent...i am so pissed Cry

Anyway, happy day to all of you! XXXXXXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20113

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:52 am

ugh.Sorry Ginny.I hate that too.People are SO incondiderate.I would NEVER do that to someone.I don't take my kids in public when they are really sick.I mean,if it just the sniffles then not so much but if it's a full on cold (like you said green snot,any fever or of course,diaohreha or vommiting) then they stay home and I don't really go out until they are better.

I went to the drs surgery with Teo for Tia-li's toe that time and 24 hours later he had that stomach e virus THIS is why I don't take my kids for their 'regular' check ups.I weigh them occasioanly and read as many books as I can.Even when we go to the 'well child' side of the drs office.He still gets sick.No thank you.I only go if I absolutely 100% can't avoid it.I mean I know thats a place FOR sick people and what you are talking about is not!Maybe it's relgious people Tongue (just kidding) anyway.I know what you mean by wanting to kill someone for bringing out their sick kid.I hope Thane feels better soon.and the stories you heard are just freak accidents.Perhaps it was from the 'cough and cold' medicines that the FDA banned the year before last they were causing deaths but not a cold it's self.Just watch what meds you give him is all.Don't mix too much or if you do make sure you get a few opinions first!

Anyway...he will be fine.I just know it sucks when they are sick and you get no sleep as well! Cry hugs
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:34 am

Oh gosh Ginny that would piss me off SO BAD. Why come to church nursery if your kid is sick, seriously!!!! SO RUDE. If your kid is constantly unwell, perhaps it's because you never stay home to let him rest and get better. Some mom's just don't get it!!!!!

Angel- I love your sexy pants!!! Smile/happy Wish I felt comfortable wearing something like that.... I still need to tone up my tummy!!!

Lou Lou- I am sorry you are having a hard time Cry Hugs. It may be that you just need to do something for you everyday just as Angel mentioned. Also... good idea putting several pacifiers in Owen's bed. LM was waking CONSTANTLY and now I put several pacifiers around the inside of her crib and she finds them herself.

LM's cough is still freaking me out even though we had it checked yesterday. I am going to take her down to Urgent care again on thursday if I feel her cough isn't any better.

We are supposed to be going to Cali this weekend, but we only have insurance through the state of Arizona, so I don't want her to be away from her health care if she is too sick. I am hoping she gets better before then!

DH is working for his friend's swimming pool company today. Thank gosh he is out of the house! LOL.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am

Ginny - that is exactly why I quit going to the gym unless I can leave Owen at home. EVERY TIME I took him up there he would be sick within 48 hours. I understand wanting to work out or go to church, etc but if your child is sick....STAY HOME!!!!!!

Thanks for the input girls. I really do appreciate it. I'm feeling better today and I've decided to take the day off from housework. The house is basically clean so I'm not going to worry with it and I think I may try to take a nap when Owen takes his morning nap. I think some of my problem is exhaustion. I've been experiencing insomnia and I'll go to bed at 10:30 and lay there until 2:30 and then it's morning!!!! Ugh! I know I need to spend more time doing things for myself but my husband is on a project right now so he's working 18-20 hour days and that just leaves little time for me right now.
BUT - he is off for a whole week the first week of April and you better believe I will be taking advantage of that situation!
Also, I am going to an interior design conference called KBIS in Atlanta the first week of May. I'll be going with a good friend and I'll be gone for two nights. I'm REALLY looking forward to it!!!!

I just have to keep my eye on the prize.... kindergarten..... ha! No really, the prize is seeing my precious Owen grow up into a wonderful, godly man. What's that saying, "this too shall pass!"......

Tiff - keep us all posted on LM's cough. Was she up a lot last night? I know you are worried but I would hate for you to postpone your trip. I know you were really looking forward to going home for a few days.
So glad to hear your DH is working and out of the house!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!

Well, Owen has taken EVERY single diaper out of his basket so I need to go clean that up!!!! Agh! Little boys!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 am

Oh Ginny,
that is horrible hun, I never bring Audrey places if she shows any sign of a cold.

Tiff,
HOpe LM gets better soon!!

Loulou,
You sound like me when I stayed at home for the year with Audrey. I got myself a library card, read a book every 2 weeks, then Audrey started getting her top teeth and that made my day really long for an entire month, lol!! Anyways get out, go for walks and drive places with Owen if you can. I live in a small town and there's nothing much going on, so once winter hits, I am homebound.

Well we have started our reno on our kitchen laundry room, maybe I'll start a new topic in the Anything forum so you ladies can follow up on the progress. DF has put my temp kitchen together, just don't have a functional stove, washer or dryer at the current but it will come, hehe!! DF has been slowly taking off the flooring I will also post pics of that when I get the chance, it's been pretty crazy at home all weekend and last night trying to get ORGANIZED!!! I sooo cannot wait for my new kitchen, I'll enjoy staying home for the year much more once the kitchen is done Smile/happy

Audrey has been counting to 10, I'm so shocked, dont' even know where she learnt it, but gotta say there is NOTHING wrong with babysitters/SAHM vs. daycare Smile/happy She also sings Patty Cake and EE I EE I from Old MacDonald. Now just gotta get her to say the alphabet, hehe!! She's soooo sweet, growing up so fast!

Last edited by Gutter on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:01 am

Holi,
I loved your post, AND your sexy underwear. I laughed quite a bit, but you know what? You are so right. Since being laid off, I went through some rough days. The first few days SUCKED sweaty monkey balls(sorry TMI). But, I felt overwhelmed with the SAHM role, after being the almost breadwinner in our home. I felt like I wasn't "measuring up" to his cleaning standards, which are through the roof. Finally, after we exploded at one another, we talked about it, and he was like, nobody asked you to be Miss Stay At Home Mom, cleaning and cooking all day every day. Just keep the kitchen and living room picked up, cook here and there, and try to stay on top of the laundry. He made it sound so easy, and you know what, it was. I would straighten up the house, then Jayden and I would leave for awhile. We'd go to a couple of stores, or go outside and chill in the sunshine. But, it got me out of the house, which is what I needed. I even got my hair done last week, which felt great. I had to take Jayden with me, but she did fine. I bought a 1000 piece puzzle, and whenever I want to zone out, I spend like 20 minutes on it, and it feels great. Sometimes, if Jayden falls asleep in the truck on the way home, I sit out in the truck and let her get her nap out. I sit there and read my book. I just hate sitting in the house all day, it's like the walls start closing in on me. One night a week I go to bingo. I have a friend who recently had surgery on her ACL and maniscus, so I go to visit her once a week. Just try getting out of the house for like an hour or two. It feels so good. And the less you're in the house, the less Owen can jack up the house. If he's anything like Jayden, he's a pro at it.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Ginny- Maybe I will try switching it to her staw cups, at least when she is up drinking it so she won't make a mess with it. I hate when parents bring their kids around other kids when they are sick. My cousin does that, her girl is always sick, granted she does have allergies too, but she will have a fever and still bring her out to eat. She'll bring her by and be like oh she was sick yesterday but she hasn't complained today.

Angel- you crack me up. You know as far as not wanting to take them in for well visits, my doctor does well visits on certain days/ hours. The well visits and newborns come in during those times, so exposure is limited, plus they try to keep everything cleaned in between. Maybe you can find an office that does that.

Tiff- maybe her fever was her body trying to fight something. When emy had her cough, it sounded horrible, i took her to the doc and she said it sounds worse than it is when its in the throat. She had it too right before we were going to indiana, i didn't want to go but the doctor told me it would be fine and she was. But we didn't have exclusive insurance like that so I can definately see how you are rethinking the trip. Maybe she will be better anyway and you won't have to make the choice.

Loulou- I can't relate to the cleaning thing because, messy drives me crazy but not crazy enough to feel like I have to do it. I do get moody and stressed out when I don't get to sleep in on the weekends, it seems like that is my catch up time and if I don't get it then I am a grump until I get enough. I've had this half typed since 10am now at 3pm i'm finally getting a chance to finish it. and now i'm interrupted again
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Holi, this is such a cool idea. I was a bit disheartened becasue of the other individual threads not being used much and everyone being separate that I kind of didn't really come on here for a while. I will definitely be coming on here now though, I really do miss everyone when I haven't been around. I have been looking out for people of facebook though.

Lou Lou-I have the same feeling as you honey, in that I would love to reduce Molly's TV time but I run out of ideas how to entertain her. I kind of avoid going out much because I hate the area I live in but I am soon to move so hopefully that will all change. She does love certain programmes like Peppa Pig, Fifi and the Flowertots, The Backyardigans, Pocoyo and The Wiggles and I lovew to see her little face light up when they come on.

Ginny-Well done to you for still nursing Thane, I can see from your avatar that he is thriving and looks absolutely gorgeous. he has grown so much since I last came on here, I can hardly believe it's him.

Princess Longbottom-Sounds like Molly and LM like the same tv shows. I can't wait until she has enough attention span to sit down in front of Nemo, I might be able to get on and do some housework.

As for Molly's progress, I had the perfect sleeper until she turned one and then any attempt at putting her down in her cot resulted in hysterics. We got tired of literally rocking her to sleep every night so I actually switched her cot to the junior bed with a bed guard for safety and she is a lot happier. It takes a long time to get her to sleep but at least when she is in there she is not crying the whole time. I think I might gradually shift her bedtime closer to half past seven though as she seems to be far to awake at seven now and just seems to want to play. Hopefully I will crack it soon as it will be a nightmare when I eventually have baby number 2.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19701
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:01 am

Hiya!! I am being lazy and not reading posts from the start of this thread as I will surely be here allday BUT are we all now just posting in this thread???

I hope Thane is feeling better soon Ginny. Theo has so far only been ill twice and both times it was after we met up with my friend and her little baby girl who at the times was under the weather. As much as I HATE Theo being ill, especially since both Rich and I then seem to get a cold I know that it is building up Theo's immune system which has to be a good thing...however it is still bloody annoying when someone knowingly brings their child/baby around when they know they are sick....aarrrggggghhhhh!!!

So how is everyone, is there are MAJOR gossip?????

I know that you Holi have got the house you wanted which is awesome Smile/happy have you got a moving in date?? I am very happy to say that we have settled in very quickly and already this house feels like a home Smile/happy We treated ourselves and bought some new furniture and we have a new sofa on it's way (arriving April) and the fact that we painted the lounge has made it all that much more homely because it's our own stamp on the place!

In the 3 weeks that I have been MIA Theo has really come on leaps and bounds, the day we moved house he was VERY red faced and whingy, I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a tooth and sure enough his FIRST tooth was popping through, it was a hell of a day as I had to change Theo so many times (effects of teething) Theo's second tooth is now starting to pop through but he seems well in himself so maybe it won't be as bad this time...?? Confused

He is cruising around confidently and so fast and has just began to stand on his own, only for about 3 seconds but it's a start lol he is as vocal as ever and says DADA all the time, he also says RA RA, BA BA and CA CA (maybe for CAT) but no MA MA Cry

He will play copy cat which is so cute and he amazingly does this trick with his tongue where he can turn it completely up on it's side......neither Rich or I can do that. He has also learnt how to kiss and wave BUT he won't wave when we want him to just randomly LOL!!!

I had him weighed and measured yesterday and he is 1/2 lb shy off 22lbs and measures 77cm, he had his 8 month check up at 9.3/4 months (bit delayed) and everything went well, his hearing and eye sight appears to be spot on and his motor skills are perfect for his age BUT she did say to me that I should be now cutting out the bottle of milk in the day so that he is just on 1 bottle in the morning and 1 at night BUT as hsi weight is good especially for his height I decided I will cut it out when I AM ready and more importantly when Theo is ready!

As far as Rich and I are concerned thing's are great. Rich has launched his own business called Supreme Carpet Cleaning (for those who didn't know he ran a franchise before for a Carpet/Oven Cleaning Business) he is getting the work in and getting some big contracts which is what we really need. I am helping out more on the admin side of thing's which has reduced Rich's stress levels which is good for me I can tell you!!! lol

I am 'officially' returning to work on May 7th Cry I will be working 2 days a week but they want me to work 2.5 days so this might change, but I am currently checking out Day Nurseries which is breaking my heart BUT without question it is the only option for us and I know that Theo will love it, it's just 2 VERY long days for him and that's what I find the hardest. I still might re-view how I work my 18 hours I could work 3 mornings a week instead of 2 days!! Confused

Rich and I have decided to hold off TTC#2 until we had originally planned which is July/August, the time just isn't right- right now.

and I think that's it......I will take some piccy's of the new house if you like it's nothing special but we like it!!

Please update me on all of your news......................................

Sparkles, I see that Kyrah is walking shock amazing!!!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:33 am

Sorry, everybody, I have been MIA lately, cause I have been sooo busy at work. Teaching my four courses at the university keeps me busy, but I am also organizing a study abroad program for the summer (in France) and I applied for a professor position at the university I work at (I am currently working as a lecturer, but plan to finish my dissertation this summer). I really love it here, but the process of applying for this position kept me busy: I had a telephone interview and then a 'campus visit' Monday where I had an interview by the dean, and an interview by the associate provost, a teaching demonstration and a presentation of my dissertation and research. I am happy to report that everything went great - so there is still hope that I might get that position. Smile/happy

Georgi -- it is great to see you back!!! Welcome back!

Tiff -- I totally forgot to say happy 11 month to LM!!! I hope her cough is getting better.

Lou Lou -- That is great about reducing Owen's TV time. Kian also does not watch any TV, we watch it in the evening when he is in bed. And since we are trying to raise Kian bilingually, we try to maximize the German input for him, and reduce the English a bit. Sorry to hear you and DH had problems. (((hugs)))

Wow, hello to everybody else. I soooo cannot remember any other posts Ashamed I will have to try and catch up...

Kian is doing great!! He turned 11 months today, YAY!! Smile/happy He has 4 teeth now (his 4th just popped through). He is still sooo active, chases the cat, loves to go to the playground or ride around on his car. He can stand on his own - does it more and more but hasn't actually taken a step on his own. He gets into everything he shouldn't - favorites are my computer cabinet, remote controls, cell phones, stereo etc. When I tell him 'nein' (no) he replies 'ah' and we can go back and forth forever.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:41 am

Lucy still has no teeth. She is suddenly going thru diapers like they are going out of style, so maybe that means one is on the way? And she has diaper rash suddenly too. How much salt do you put in the bath? I have a box of epsom salt.

Yesterday her big brother was playing with her on the floor, and he was laying on his back moving around with his feet. Guess what little monkey did that this morning part of the time instead of her usual commando crawl?

This week is my regularly scheduled time for bad tummy troubles. The gasteroentenologist gave me a rx for a medicine that relaxs the smooth muscles in the digestive tract. It has been better. I still feel some pain and kinda feel about 4-5 mo pregnant, but that is a huge improvement over feeling 8-9 mo and having much worse pain. The bad part is the medicines make me kinda groggy.

We are in the middle of the second week of spring break for the older kids. Save me!! lol. Only 3 more school days off before they go back to school.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Hey guys!
Georgi - it's good to see your posts again!!!! Little Theo is growing so fast!!!! I can't believe he is cruising, etc..... and I'm so glad to hear you feel like you are already settled into your new place! What color did you paint the walls????

DM - I'm sorry to hear you are still having tummy issues. I hope that medicine works well for you. Owen never had an upset tummy when he teethed but from what I hear it's quite common. I'll bet that little Lucy of yours has a tooth before you know it!

Sky - Congrats on 11 months Kian!!!! Sounds like he is a real mover and shaker!!!!! Keep us posted on your job! I SO hope you get the position!!!

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me with my new NO TV policy. Just to clarify..... Owen doesn't watch TV! The NO TV policy is for MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! haha!!!! I am on my 8th day of absolutely NO TV and it feels great! My brain is not so full of trivial junk and my house is clean and I'm cooking healthy dinners and spending really GOOD quality time with Owen! I'm still trying to find ways to incorporate more family oriented activities but it will come!!!!

I saw a GREAT idea for our kids when they are older but I'm afraid if I don't mention it right now I'll forget..... I read about this mom that turned her linen closet into an activities closet. She has a tub for each day of the week. Her daughter does not take naps anymore but she has quiet time in her room. Each day mom pulls that day's tub and the little girl goes to her room to play with those items. She said it's great because her daughter looks forward to it because she only has those toys on that particular day! So, file that away for a few years from now!!!!!

Well, I am off to physical therapy! Hope you all have a lovely day!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 pm

Georgi- Welcome back. It sounds like Theo is thriving! What a big smart healthy boy you have there! Congrats on him standing and the teeth and your new house and EVERYTHING. It's just so great to have you back hun, I totally missed you.

Lou Lou- That is such a fabulous idea about the tubs in the linen closet for different days. I also think it's great that you cut your t.v. and are feeling more productive and happy Smile/happy You are awesome hun!

Angel- I saw on FB that you are going to the zoo and cinema. Have a blast hunnie! I can't wait to see your new house.

Galaxy- That is interesting about Molly sleeping better in a toddler bed. I am going to have to try that with LM when she gets a bit bigger. It's great to hear from you, and I too am glad for this new thread where we are all together.

Skyllar- That is so cute about Kian and you telling him no and him telling you yes back! I can't believe Kian is 11 months already.... so awesome! It sounds like you've been one busy mommy lady, and I can't wait to hear about your possible promotion and how it all turns out.

DM- I am so sorry about your tummy issues. I am glad that the treatment is working as far as relaxing your tummy, but I am sorry that your meds make you drowsy. I got some new meds today for my tummy, they are going to see if it will help my issues and if not they are going to do some exploring inside my colon, ick.

Sparkles, Mumofjj, Ginny, Mscherry, Chrisb, and anyone else I have forgotten to name personally, let me know what's new!

SO GROSS ALERT: Today I found LM chewing on a dead cock roach. I wanted to vomit.

Her cough is still the same. I am taking her into the doctor's tomorrow to get her cough checked before we leave on friday for California. I have a ton to do to prepare, my parent's house is always a disaster area so I am making sure our house is extra clean to come home to.

I'll be back to posting on tuesday the 24th of March.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Oh Tiff! I found something really gross in Owen's mouth too....... A TOE NAIL!!!!! Isn't that disgusting!???? You know, I think I keep a pretty clean house but Owen manages to disprove that theory almost every day!!!! Yuck!!!! If it makes you feel any better my mom said my youngest brother at a roach one time and he turned out just fine!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Lou Lou- I am glad you shared your toenail story, because I was really feeling so bad that LM had a dead cockroach.

This morning, I was on my way to the doctors, and I noticed that there was a dead one on the kitchen floor but it was partially under the kitchen floor mat that I have next to the kitchen sink. I was just about to put LM down for her nap and was in a rush. I told myself that I would sweep it up real quick before I had to leave for my appointment.

Of course I forgot.

I was feeding her a bottle just before her lunch and I saw that she had something very strange on her face which resembled an insect leg. I threw up in my mouth a little and then thought, "Oh gosh, please tell me she didn't swallow a freaking dead cockroach."

So then she was pulling away from the bottle and then started moving her tongue around all funny. I swept my finger onto her tongue, and out came a mashed up cockroach. My hubby totally freaked out and was like, "Oh my gosh how disgusting."

He also said that it wasn't my fault and not to worry because he ate some pretty nasty things when he was little.

I still feel so disgusted though if I think about it!!! I clean my house for crying out loud, and I have never even seen a live cockroach crawling around, so I don't know where that even came from.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 am

Hey Tiff, your bug thing made me wonder if you have ever had a scorpion? I am terrified Lucy is going to get her hands on one someday. We have an exterminator but we still have had a couple in the house this spring. All of the rest of us have been stung in the past. I am constantly checking the walls and floors when she is scooting about.

Anyways, here is something to file in your memory. Mercy Gilbert and Chandler Regional hospitals are the only hospitals in the valley participating in the studies of an anti-venom developed in Mexico. This antidote can neutralize the venom, whereas all of the hospitals will just be able to treat the reactions to the venom. I saw that on the news last year.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 am

Thanx for letting me know about the anti venom hospitals DM!

When we first moved in we had about 5 scorpions in the first 4 months, but we had someone come out and spray and they disappeared. I'd better not find anymore!!!!

My friends 2 year old just got stung a few weeks back, he cried and cried. She put something called French Green Clay on his sting and it neutralized that pain almost instantly. However... if our little tiny babies were to get stung, they'd have to go the hospital immediately!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:50 am

OMG how scary to get those creatures in the house. We have mice and moles getting into our house, but with the kitchen/laundry room reno the problem should be fixed. We also get these house centipedes but they only come out at night and will only bite if they feel threatened.
House Centipede

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi all how is everyone going?
we are doing great ,been busy, Kyrah has actually been scouted for child modelling lol wierd but we thought we would give it a go just for this year, i was a bit funny about it at first to be honest but its very harmless parenting magazines etc and hey she might not get any work anyway. So will just see what happenes i dont mind either way.
Kyrah is walking up a storm now, she prob walks more than crawls now and is getting fast kinda like a slow jog lol.
She vomited ( and i meanproper vomit) for the first time this week, all through her bed then i cleaned it up and bathed her and then she vomited all over me, so we hoped in the shower lol then she slept for two hours and has been fine ever since, no temp, still happy so i unno what it was, but thank god it was short lived.
We are excited as in the upcoming months we havea few trips away, at Easter we are going camping for three nights and the end of April I ( JUST ME) am going inter state with my best friend to vist another friend,, shopping trip i cant wait, but man i will miss Kyrah, it will just be the weekend, but i miss her when mum baby sits her for the day. And at the end of Maywe are going up t Cairns and the Great Barrier reef, i cant wait just for four days, but it will be great!!!
Anyway other than that life is good, Kyrah is wonderful, she is such a loving little girl, last night i put her to bed and she was crying for a bit, so i picked her up cuddled her and she put her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes, then after about a minute, she lifted her head up, pulled out her dummy, kissed me on the lips, put her dummy back in and put her head back on my shoulder, then i put her down and she went to sleep, it was sooo precious!!!
oh i have to post this photo of Kyrah at the shop the other day, she was out of the pram, as she is so much now lol and i was looking at clothes, she was just walking to all the clothes, then i turned and looked at her and this is what she was doing lol, i was laughing so much i just had to take a photo
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 2 Raggs_10

anyway sorry for lack of personals, i have been flat out this week
WElcome back Georgi!!! i will be back to do personals i swear xoxoxo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19581
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:18 pm

LMAO sparkles, at least shes a careful shopper Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Haha! Sparkles how cute!!!!!

AND OMG TIFF I WOULD FREAKIN HAVE A COW IF I SAW THANE EAT A BUG!!!!!!!! We just got the outside of the house sprayed yday and i saw 2 dead bugs in here today Neutral not cool....
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20113

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Sparkles, I love how casual Kyrah looks.... you know, like she's been standing around all her life! so cute!
She would make a precious model!!!! Let us know how it goes!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next