Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

+14
MommaBear
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
galaxy
24Penguins
Gutter
dolly's momma
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
chrisb
Lou Lou
Ginny
Angel
18 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  dolly's momma Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:17 pm

It is a gray, gloomy day here. And I am freezing! Kirk started to put Christmas lights up outside, but had to run off for his ''year end poker tournament''. sigh.

Lucy has learned how to pout, and is walking around half the time with a very pouty face on. It is funny, I don't think she gets the mood that is supposed to go with the face lol.

Next week she is starting her one day a week of day care. I am already working myself into a panic about it. I drove by there yesterday and thought what if a car on the road behind that house has an accident and crashed through the block wall into the back yard where Lucy is playing. Yeah, I know, that doesn't really happen but trust me to worry that it might.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 27 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  dolly's momma Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:33 am

Lucy is at her first day of daycare today. I feel like I can't breathe lol. She got drawn into the other room where the kids were watching tv before their day started. She came back to the hallway a couple times to check we were still there as we were talking to the lady. Then we snuck out without telling her goodbye. I hope that was a good choice to lessen the trauma. I am forcing myself to wait two hours to call and check on her -- if I don't have a heart attack before that.....
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 pm

awh!!!! I'm sure she will do fine!!!!!!
When I kept daycare in college I noticed that even the kids that did get upset when their parent's left usually got over it very quickly (like before the parent's were even out of the parking lot!!!!)

She will probably enjoy the interaction with other kids her age!

PS
Booty issues are gone!!!!! I ended up using just a little Nystatin at every diaper change and then I SLATHERED Desitin creamy/over night on him. I used an entire tube of Desitin in one week but it worked! Thanks!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:42 pm

I am glad Owen's diaper rash is over with. It is worth a $5.00 tube of Desitin to heal that raw bottom! Was his lip ok? I have been wondering about that ever since Sat. I felt so sorry for both of you having that rough day.

Ok I am mad. Lucy DIDN"T WANT TO LEAVE DAYCARE WITH ME. rofl. They did just wake her up from her nap, and like her mama the lights are on and no one is home for awhile after she wakes up, but she fussed! And she had a death grip on her backpack, she about had a melt down because she had to let go while I buckled her car seat.

They said she had a fun day. She danced, she played, she played in water from the rain and had to get dry clothes put on, they made a simple little lace up suitcase and colored with markers on pictures to put in it. They said she laced it. A few marker scribbles were on her pictures, but more was on her face and neck and hands and clothes lol. She got along well playing with the other kids. The younger kids are allowed to be in the preschool class or not, as they choose. She did the preschool and they said she was very attentive for that.

Shew. Momma needs some Captain Morgan therapy tonight. lol.

Update: She must have been more stressetd than I realized. About an hour sfter we got home she started hitting the little dog. When I moved the dog so she couldn't reach her Lucy turned to me and lifted my shirt up an bit my stomach! When I moved her away and put the shirt down she started trying to bite my arm, over and over. She has bit me once before, but not keep coming at me like that. I took her in the bedroom and sat in the rocker with her. She fussed til I let her climb down and get a book, then she seemed to calm down and relax and sat with me awhile. She started to get all hyped up again at dinner, I put her pjs on her, took her in there and gave her a bottle and sang while she drank it. She seemed to calm down again with that, and then she went right to sleep when I put her to bed.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 am

sorry i havent poste din here in sooo long and i havent caught up on the posts, but i am so excited and had to share my excitement, Kyrah has done three wee's on her potty this afternoon. I cant believe it i have just had the ppotty laying around for a while nd she always sits on and pretends, well today she has done three real ones!!! lol sorry just excited, not pushing it at the moment, but awareness is a start xoxo hop eyour all well
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19581
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Aww that's wonderful Sparkles!Amazing,she is so smart.I think it's great to let her 'play' with learnign to use the potty with no pressure,she might totally do it on her own within a couple of weeks.Smile/happy

I know I havnt really posted an update on the kids in quite some time,so I'll atempt a quick one before I go pick up Teo from school.

Well,Baby girl is 18 months old.This christmas I put my foot down about staying here and not staying with hubys family.I love them to bits but I can't do it anymore,the 11,000 sqre ft huse with 2 beds,the smoking in the house,the dog allergies (Teo) the constant waking up with each other (me n the kids in one room),the cramped space and then the long 4.5 hour drive which is not working well AT all these days as the baby starts to whine if she's in the car for even half an hour! They finally DID actually come to visit here for thx giving weekend,they brougt the dogs (which is ok with me) they stayed in the guest room which I did up nice and spent ages hanging curtains,pictures and assembling a real bed (daybed) for gma coz of her back.they stayed for 2 days ,it was great.They didn't have a GREAT drive,but' it's never gonna be great for anyone is it?Lets face it.

Hubby is quite upset because he doesnt think they'll come here for xmas as his mums working xmas eve night.(nursing) and he doesnt want gma to wake up alone on xmas day (he made some promise to her back in the day) so now of course I feel like the bad guy.But I have 3 reasons not to leave,one,about a month ago I spoke to my mum (who I havnt spent a xmas with in 4 years now!) and step dad and agreed that we'd do xmas with the webcams on all day Smile/happy so we could 'be together' that MAY sound a little pathtic but at least they can see the kids opening their presents and we can talk.I sent them some presents too,hope they get there in time.2) am taking care of my friends pets while she's away (She lives close to me) and in exchnage she's letting use borrow her car while shes gone,which is great coz as most ofyou know we lost our other car in september.3) we have a cat now.4) I just want to have a peaceful chilled traditional xmas here at home with my kids in MY space,sleep at night,be cosy in the day and let the kids play with their presents (Teo got a Wii,baby a rocking horse and another BIGtoy) that we can't take over there.It's as hard for us to go there but the living situation is far easier here.They don't like to make the dogs travel so much coz they're old and one is sick,they have a cat who is older and the ngihbour takes care of for a few days.And gma has a bad back and has to sit down most of the day (like you do in a car) anyway,had to get it off my chest as hubby,somehow implied last niught that it was somehow me messing up this whole'xmas' thing just coz I WONT GO>Well you know what,this year is MY year for once.

Other than that things are great,still studying tons about nutrition and health,babies are well,Teo is semi enjoying school,cant wait till it's over for xmas xoz the getting up early is killing me.Tia-li is great,so sweet,starting to join words together now,like 'see doggy'(meaning cat LOL) and 'see book' or thankyou! and buh bye' it's very cute to watch.Can't wait to see what she does on xmas morning! Smile/happy

Anyway,very lucky and cant complain,miss you n love you all!

big hugs xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:07 pm

Hi everyone!

Sparkles- So awesome about Kyrah using the toilet! It must be so exciting to see that she is figuring it out.

DM- sorry about the biting thing! I think at this age it is normal. Lucy is so cute, I'm glad she likes Daycare.

Angel- I am glad that you are standing your ground and staying at your place for Xmas. I would draw the line if someone smoked in the house as well, that is gross. I am glad that your in laws came to visit you though, it seems like once they make the trip they will realize it's not a big deal and drive out again.

Lou Lou- I am glad that Owen's diaper rash is getting better. Sometimes you just gotta let them be naked Smile/happy They love being naked at this age though!

Skyllar- I hope that you are doing okay as far as being nauseous in your first trimester, and I hope that Kian is doing better as well teething wise.

Mscherry- Jayden sounds like a handful, but a riot! I would love to see her little personality in real life. I hope your move is going smoothly. xxxxxxx

As for everyone else, I hope you are all doing well.

LM is a stinker. She throws shrieking tantrums if she does not get something she wants. Most of her tantrums are when we have to leave the park or get out of the bath tub, or come inside the house from the back yard. I ignore her until she stops. If I give her attention she gets worse. She is a drama queen. If she gets anything on her hand, she whines until I brush it off.

The other night she was in the bath tub and she started signing "all done" frantically. I smelled poop, and when I got her out of the tub, a tiny piece fell out onto the bath tub mat. I put her quickly on her pink training toilet, and she was crying and scared, but I just wrapped a towel around her and rubbed her back until she pooped. Then she finished her poo, and she was pointing at it, talking to it, clapping excitedly like it was her friend. We then dumped it down the big toilet, and I let her flush it down while I said, "Poo poo goes down the toilet."
She still has no idea how to control her bladder or her poo, and she doesn't ever pee on the toilet, but I was happy that she didn't want to poop in the bath tub. She has never pooped in the tub before.

Her new words are "Uh oh, dog, woof, bye bye, cat, and o.k."
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:27 pm

hey guys, I haven't posted in forever. We are snowed in today, its fantastic. I don't think we have had more than 5 inches in a year in the last 5 years. We are expecting 20 inches in a little about a 24 hour period.

Well i found out i was pregnant which was a big surprise. I went for a sono yesterday and instead of 7 weeks 1 day I was only measuring 6 weeks 1 day. I don't know now how its meaured by your last period, likeif theyexpect you to ovulate on certain days so theyassume thats when you got pregnant. Well we were trying not to get pregnant and were extra careful because I was on medicines last month because I was sick. So we didn't have sex the week I was suppose to ovulate. Plus when we did have sex we were super careful and used withdraw, sorry TMI . Then we went out of town and Emy was in the room with us so no sex then. So there was literally 3 days I could have gotten pregnant on even then it was slim chances. So I don't know whether to worry about the measuring behind or if I just didn't get pregnant within the expected time frame. Maybe I should have put this on the other thread..... copy and paste.

Emy is doing great, we are gearing up for christmas. She is going through a difficult sleeping phase. She has begun crying in bed when she first goes down. I think my husband went and let her watch tv with him a few nights when she cried so now she thinks if she cries enough he will come get her. ugggg so we are retraining now. Its weird I swear she started this testing streak right after I found out I was pregnant. Can she smell it on me? She is fully vocal and talks up a storm. Full sentences she tells you what she wants what she doesn't like and tells me what to do. Sometimes her sentences are in the wrong order but it works. "Mommy I want Little People on TV" Little people toys and cartoons are her favorite right now. We just finished up her her gymnastics classes. I think we are going to get a floor balance beam for our basement, she loves it.

I keep up with most everyone doings on FB. I love checking out all the pictures. All these girls have sooo much hair, poor emy is working a mullet.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Chrisb, congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!!! I hope Emy starts sleeping better for you. She is so cute, love her snow pictures you put on FB!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Congrats, Chris! Cute pics on FB! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Congrats Chris!!!!! That is SO exciting!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the measurements right now. I know with Owen they originally had me 5 days behind what I thought he should be and by the time I went back 4 weeks later he was measuring right on track with my EDD.

Was the doctor concerned?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Lou- I didn't see the doctor only the US tech. She just said it all depended on when I ovulated and when it implanted.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17835
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:51 am

Opening a new thread guys! Happy new year !
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27