Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

+14
MommaBear
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
galaxy
24Penguins
Gutter
dolly's momma
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
chrisb
Lou Lou
Ginny
Angel
18 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  skyllar Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Lou Lou -- I know, I had a hard time cutting his baby hair off the first time. But I kept a nice lock of his hair for his scrap book. Glad Owen is feeling better today! Yay!

Regarding the disciplining, I think you are soo right, Lou Lou, about consistency. The "no" and stern face don't work on Kian (yet?), I don't know if timeout really does either. We'll have to wait and see if it gets any better.

Wow, keep us posted on the test. When are you planning on testing?
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 15 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  Lou Lou Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't really know! I will probably get a test today and test in the morning..... or this afternoon! ha!
I'll be sure to post when I do!

I just trimmed Owen's hair around the ears but I couldn't cut the back! I'm not even sure how to do it! He got restless anyway so it was a good time to stop! Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, I so hear you - it is really difficult to cut their hair. What we've been doing is DH holds him on his lap and I cut it - or the other way around. That way we could control the wiggling (a little bit at least, lol).
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Oh the things I get to look forward to! I can't wait, really, but I'm also enjoying Wes being so little! He's been such a dream to take care of (most of the time)!

Last night he slept from 2am when we went to bed until 6, and then from about 6:45 to 10! I'm starting to feel almost human again!
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17292
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Myste - that's fantastic! I hope he will keep doing that for you. Yes, enjoy that little baby while you can because he will be running through the house before you know it!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Hey ladies! Just reading up on everyone and checking in finally!!!

We just got back from weekly trip to mama and daddy's. Every wed i get off work at 1130 and I go hang out with thane and my family like i did on maternity leave. its really cool! Today though, my little sister went outside and when she came back in she didn't realize thane was in front of the door and she opened it on his foot and it pulled back his toenail and slit open his big toe. It also hit him in his chest and stomach and he had a red place there, but his poor toe was bleeding and he was screaming badly. of course, poor aunt katie was tore up too :'( He is ok, but it really sucked.

i was gonna tell myste too that just in case you didn't see what happened with Owen on the circumcision and the skin growing back, be sure to be pulling Wes's back at his diaper changes and maybe add vaseline or soemthing to try to keep it from growing back cuz when Thane went back for his 1 month checkup I hadn't been doing that and the same thing that happened to owen happened to thane and my doc said for the entire first year you have to pull the skin back and make sure it isn't growing back together... just and FYI!! Wink

Well, I am gonna go and try to clean a little before its time to get Bubba (Blaine) from camp and thane is still asleep...and hopefully I will see one of my wonderful BEAUTIFUL friends tomorrow night!! Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:09 pm

OK. I took a test and it's negative! I feel so much better now! I'm just bummed that I wasted a test! lol!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:20 pm

Yay Lou Lou!! Glad it was negative!!Smile/happy You are probably like me and do NOT want one at all right now with our active little boys lol
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:24 pm

P.s. Just out of curiosity...how much are your babies talking??? Thane will try to repeat almost EVERY single word, but he won't babble really unless he is saying a real word. Like "Cool car" is his fave and he's talking about a car either real or a toy...he says tons of stuff, but to me, he still doesn't talk tons! Just one word here and there. Names mostly...but like I said he repeats just about everything. He can point and say what some things are from his flash cards. Bee is one of the new ones, and of course ALL bugs are bees Tongue anyway, just curious!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Skyllar- LM usually does stay in her bumbo. However, her time outs are so short, just one minute, so it's not too hard to keep her there. She is such a stinker though, she tried to climb back IN to the bumbo after her time out the other day. Also, good luck on your trip. It sounds like it will be super fun!! Can't wait to see pics. How are you feeling???

Lou Lou- I'm so glad Owen is doing better. I hear you on the smacking thing and starting to parent our little ones and all that. I did tap LM's hand once when she kept getting into the desk drawer, not a smack, but a tap to get her attention, and she immediately did it to herself to show me that she could tap her hand that way too!!! Oh my word, I have a strong willed child on my hands! Also, I am glad to hear about your BFN. I know that you aren't ready to be pregnant yet, so that must be a relief. I had a scare a few months ago, and I am SO GLAD I wasn't preggo!!

Ginny- I didn't know Blaine was at camp. That's so cool. Is it just a summer camp thing, or a church retreat or something??? I'll bet he had a blast. I'm jealous that you get to meet up with Holi!!!!!!!

Myste- Congrats on your little cutie sleeping so well! It's so nice when they start to figure out their nights and days!!! Enjoy these precious moments!!!

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Lou Lou - I had a couple 'panic' tests along the way during this past year too lol. Don't think of it as a waste. $10 is well worth it for the peace of mind.

Lucy must be teething again. She is sooo iritable and her awful diaper rash is back. She spent half the morning screeching at the top of her lungs, poor baby.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 pm

lol I know Tiff lol I am so excited to see her!!! and blaine is at came at the air force base here cuz i work there Wink so he gets to go to camp from 730 til 430 and has 2 field trips a week. Its over $100 a week so I can only afford to send him 2 weeks this year, but he is happy and LOVES it!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:46 pm

Myste -- glad that the little one is sleeping so well. Enjoy!!

Lou Lou -- Glad it was a BFN as you said you really didn't want another baby right now.

DM -- Sorry to hear that Lucy has another rash and is not well. Hope she'll be better soon.

Tiff -- Thanks for your response. Maybe I should try the bumbo. We are excited about our trip, but the next day will be so hectic getting ready for a 7 week trip. I am actually feeling a little better today - no more fever ( just a little elevated temperature) and body and joint aches are gone. Thank God...

Ginny -- Sorry to hear about Thane's accident. I had the same thing happen last year, my MIL ripped my toenail out (I was just growing a new one - bummer), but the rest had to be removed in urgent care - painful! No fun - hope he is better. Glad though that Blaine likes his camp - sounds fun!! About the speaking: I probably won't be much help - Kian says only 1 word (!!!) at this point, but we raise him bilingually and that is supposed to trigger a short delay in the beginning. We'll see....
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks Nicki!! Did you also know that breastfeeding apparently causes them to speak later too??? Confused Must be cuz they always got BOO in their mouth!! lol
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Ginny wrote:Thanks Nicki!! Did you also know that breastfeeding apparently causes them to speak later too??? Confused Must be cuz they always got BOO in their mouth!! lol

LMAO, Ginny, you're too funny. That must be it - boo in their mouth - can't speak! Hilarious!!! lol
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:10 pm

Ginny- I didn't realize that Thane had an accident... I missed that in your previous post! His poor toe, ouchie! I hope he's doing okay, and I'm sure your sister felt bad, but stuff happens. Just this morning I was turning around to walk away from the kitchen sink, and LM was RIGHT there and I totally knocked her down because she was so stealth I had no idea she was there. She cried cried cried, I felt so bad.

Dollysmomma- I am so sorry about Lucy's teeth. Teething is the pits, I swear. Have you tried putting an ice cube in the mesh feeder? It helps SO MUCH, because they can hold the handle of the mesh feeder and go to town on the ice cube. I always wet the mesh feeder after putting the ice cube in it just to melt the edges of the ice cube so she doesn't cut her tongue or something.

Skyllar- I am so glad you are feeling better. I was worried about you. The flu is the pits, especially when you are working AND taking care of a baby.

Well everyone... my mom got one of those safety crib tents from a lady on freecycle in my hometown in California. Those things are over 100 dollars new, and this one is in great condition. It's not just one that attaches to the top of the crib either, it actually goes under the mattress and up the sides of the crib and over the top, so it will keep her from throwing her pacifiers out, I am so happy. It will also give me peace of mind that scorpions will not get in her bed. The one my mom is sending is a nicer sturdier brand than the link I will show you, but it will give you a general idea. http://www.safeandsecurebaby.com/images/T/t_16692.jpg
It should be here friday, I can't wait! I won't care what happens at night either, she can't throw her pacifiers out, so she can cry and fuss all she wants, she WILL learn to sleep 12 hours straight after I set that crib tent up! Plus if I always have this on, she won't ever learn how to climb out of her crib.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm

Ginny - I missed that part about the accident too! I am so glad he is ok!

Dolly's momma - I HATE to hear that Lucy's rash is returning! I just don't think there's anything worse than having a sore bottom or peepee!!!!!! I hope she feels better soon.

Tiff - I love that tent!!!!! Hopefully LM will think it's really cool and if it helps keep her paci in the bed and scorpions out then it is worth a try!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:22 am

Ginny - Ooh, poor Thane! Makes me cringe just thinking about it!

LouLou - Glad you got the answer you wanted! Pregnancy scares are not fun!

DM - Hope Lucy feels better soon! I'm sooo not looking forward to teething!

Skyllar - Glad to hear you're feeling better! Your trip sounds like so much fun!

Tiff - That tent looks awesome! I've been considering one for our crib to keep the cats out of it at night - you'll have to let me know how it works!

Thanks for the tips on the circumcision, nobody bothered to tell me that I had to watch it for a year! I have been keeping vaseline on it to keep it from sticking to the diaper for the last week, it's healed up now so haven't today.

Not sure if it's just his newborn rash or actual diaper rash, poor Wes has a nice red irritated area on his bum! I'm keeping butt paste on it either way. I'll be glad when I have enough cloth wipes that I don't run out midday! (they're on their way - ordered a few dozen more of various types to try). Also ordered some diaper covers 'cause the ones I got are way too big for him, and so are the all-in-one cloth diapers. Once the covers arrive and now that his circ is healed, I can start doing cloth diapers! (is it sad that I'm excited about this? LOL). I've also got some soap "baby bits" Soap Bits on order to make wipe solution - has anyone tried something similar?
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17292
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:49 am

Myste - I admire you for trying cloth diapers and homemade wipes! I just didn't think I could deal with that!!!!! Please keep us posted on how it goes. I always wanted to try it but the disposable wipes/diapers are so easy to deal with......
Yes! Really watch that little peepee!!!!!! Know one told me to pull the skin back once the circumcision had healed. I thought the only skin pulling was for UNcircumcised penises!!!!! Know I have to watch it for ANOTHER year!!!!!!

I'll be back - Owen is throwing a tantrum and wants my laptop!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:40 pm

Well that cough I mentionned a while back (thinking croup) anyways I thought she'd get over it, but it lasted 2.5 weeks and still no signs of that cough going away and plus the yellow snotty nose, so I had DF bring Audrey into the clinic. She has either bronchitis or a sinus infection (I wasn't there, have no clue what she said) anyways Audrey's on antibiotics for the first time ever (aside from an eye antibiotic ointment when she was a baby and a skin antibiotic). She spit half of her first dose out Cry Anyways hope her cough goes away soon!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 pm

oh! I'm sorry to hear Audrey is still sick. I hope those antibiotics do the trick!

Myste -when Owen was about 2 weeks old he got his first of only two diaper rashes he's ever had. I used the Desitin overnight cream..... it's SUPER thick and I could honestly see an improvement after just one use! It was completely gone within 24 hours. After that I used it every time I changed him no matter what until he was about 3 months old. I didn't want to take any chances with that precious little bottom! : )
I think they just poop/pee so much in the beginning that rashes are pretty common. Good luck with that!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Myste and Dollysmomma- I am sorry to hear about your little sweeties diaper rashes. No fun. I am with Lou Lou, I always used Desitin for the first few months because they are constantly pooping! Also you can do a sea salt bath, just get all natural sea salt at the store and put it in their baths at night. I used to put quite a bit so it was still grainy when LM sat on it, and it cleared up her teething bum rash in no time.

Gutter, I am so sorry to hear that Audrey is sick. I hope the antibiotics help her get well soon. Just FYI, I recommend starting her on a course of pro-biotics after she finishes the antibiotics to replace the good bacteria in her gut. You can buy acidophilus over the counter in capsules and break them open and put the powder in some yogurt or applesauce, whatever works. Yogurt does contain live cultures that will help, but it's not concentrated enough doses to make much of a difference, so I recommend the capsules Smile/happy

Lou Lou- LM ALWAYS tries to reach the keyboard and mouse, it drives me nuts. Right now she is short enough that if we push the keyboard back she can't reach it, but it's only a matter of time before she will be able to reach it no problems! Owen sounds like a little character, so cute!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Tiff - I know what you mean about reaching things! The other day Owen reached up and grabbed my cellphone off of the hutch in our dining room! I was shocked! I didn't realize he was tall enough to do that!!!!!

Well ladies, my little boy has been letting go today and standing on his own some. It's not for very long but he's did 4 or 5 times! I think it's just a matter of time. We have a 20 foot long hallway from his bedroom to our living room and when I get him up in the morning I'll ask him if he wants to get down and walk and he lurches forward! So I hold his little hand in mine and we S L O W L Y walk down the hall. He grins the whole way and if daddy meets him on the other side of the hall Owen's enthusiasm is even better! Ahhhhhh such fun times!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:17 am

Yay Owen!! that's awesome Smile/happy I know you are so proud of your sweet little boy Smile/happy He's too cute!!!

Thane tries to shove the keyboard away and shakes his head no cuz he sees that its cutting into HIS time Tongue They learn so quick!!!

He also peed in the potty again! We were about to take a shower and I said "You gotta pee pee?" and he said down with his diaper on, so I asked him if i could take it off and yes nodded yes. So he sat down a couple of times, but the water was running so i said 'Ok, no pee pee' come on...and he shooked his head no at me and whined a little and sat back down and the next thing i know - MUSIC! It sings music when you pee lol And sure enough there was quite a bit in there and he was clapping Smile/happy It is the 2nd time in the past 2 weeks, so not potty training yet, but if he wants to pee pee in the potty i will let him lol

Holi got here last night at about midnight and I must say she is even more beautiful in person! I have to work this morning til about 11 then i am going back home til Tuesday! Tia Li is just gorgeous also and little Teo is sooooo cute!!!!!! He's so tiny compared to Blaine. I wish i could be there to see Thane's reaction to Tia but I am here at work Cry I hope I get to see some video of though when he wakes up like 'Who are all these people!?" lol

Have a great weekend everyone!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:19 am

Yay Holi made it safe and sound! Love you Holi!!!!!!! Love you Ginny!!! Wish I could be there as well!!!!! AND YAY for Thane peeing in the potty! That rocks, he'll be out of diapers in no time! The best thing to do is buy him some little boy undies and start putting them on top of his diapers, so he can see them.

Lou Lou- LM is OBSESSED with my cell phone. She dialed 911 and hung up about a month ago, and they called me back to make sure everything was okay!! LOL.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next