Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

+12
sparkles
dolly's momma
Georgi
Myste
BethG
Gutter
kellybean
Lily*Blossom
mscherry42
Helen
24Penguins
Leeaman
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  Leeaman Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:25 pm

I would like to start a new thread for Baking & Cooking Idea's that we can all share..

Most of you know I love to bake/cook so thought this could be fun.. We can add recipes here that others would enjoy and we could also insert a picture of what we have baked/cooked if we want... And give each other different tips or ask questions all to do with baking yummy goodies and tasty meals.. Smile/happy

Have at it, I will add a recipe a little later on... :lol:

Last edited by Leeaman on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17472
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Re: Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  24Penguins Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:53 pm

lol, the only thing i have ever baked from scratch is chocolate chip cookies, and you can get my recipe for those off of the chocolate chip bag!!! lol. oh well, i suppose i shouldnt be baking treats on my diet anyways! lol. anyone got any healthy low fat baking ideas? LOL!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18832

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Re: Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  Leeaman Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Oh hun that is a good idea as well.. Hold on.. Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:58 pm

te he he!!! cool!!! its funny, im sooo getting into cooking now that everyones basically made me bite the bullet and make just one meal from scratch, now i want to do more! ive been online half the day looking up recipes and putting together a food list for next week!!! hehehe!!! so healthy baking on the weekends could be loads of fun!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:01 pm

24Penguins wrote:te he he!!! cool!!! its funny, im sooo getting into cooking now that everyones basically made me bite the bullet and make just one meal from scratch, now i want to do more! ive been online half the day looking up recipes and putting together a food list for next week!!! hehehe!!! so healthy baking on the weekends could be loads of fun!!

Ya I love baking and cooking and would love to get more good recipes, even healthier ones. I have started a new thread babe for low fat as well.
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:08 pm

awesome!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:17 am

I love cooking too so some new recipies would be fab !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17707
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Too Much Chocolate Bundt Cake with Picture

Post  Leeaman Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:06 am

Ok so in the picture you will see a couple pieces of the cake missing, sorry and it is a little messy looking.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too Much Chocolate Cake

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
* 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate. If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar or Icing.

Chocolate Icing

INGREDIENTS

* 3 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
* 3 Tbsp. Cocoa
* 2 Tbsp. Hot Water
* 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
* 1 1/2 Cups. Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar)

DIRECTIONS

Cream altogether until smooth..

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Cake Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Cake2
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Bagels

Post  Leeaman Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:19 am

Bagels

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 3 cups bread flour
* 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 3 quarts boiling water
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 1 tablespoon cornmeal
* 1 egg white

DIRECTIONS

1. Place water, salt, sugar, flour and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting.
2. When cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface. Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 3 tablespoons of sugar.
3. Cut dough into 9 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Twirl the dough on your finger or thumb to enlarge the hole, and to even out the dough around the hole. Cover bagels with a clean cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle an ungreased baking sheet with cornmeal. Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water. Boil for 1 minute, turning half way through. Drain briefly on clean towel. Arrange boiled bagels on baking sheet. Glaze tops with egg white, and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until well browned.

Tips: Can sprinkle tops with grated Cheese, Poppy Seeds, Garlic whatever you would like. You could through Blueberries into the dough.... You could also do these if you do not have a bread machine, if you need any help with that just let me know..

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Bagels001
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:52 pm

Those both look scrummy !!!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:48 am

That chocolate cake looks awesome, and oh so fattening. I'm going to make it this weekend, I think!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19467
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:17 am

those bagels look awesome leeaman!!! do you happen to know the nutritional info? lol, i know i dont belong in here, but i couldnt help looking Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am

24Penguins wrote:those bagels look awesome leeaman!!! do you happen to know the nutritional info? lol, i know i dont belong in here, but i couldnt help looking Smile/happy

Calories: 215
Total Fat: 2.1g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 406mg
Total Carbs: 41.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Protein: 6.8g

Is this what you are thinking of?
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:33 am

yes! those are not bad at all!!!!! hehe, i may have to try and make them some time Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:42 pm

These are a must eat around Halloween and Thanksgiving.

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME :15 Min
READY IN: 35 Min
Original recipe yield 7 dozen
INGREDIENTS
1 cup shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into the pumpkin mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20919
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:46 pm

Tiff, what's the name of this treat you're speaking of? lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:51 pm

It sounds yummy whatever it is !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm

does anyone know how to toast pumpkin seeds?? lol i remember having them as a kid but i dont know what temperature to set the oven to, or if you are supposed to put anything on them or just put plain raw seeds on a cookie sheet. help! lol. i thought it would be a fun healthy treat though if someone knows how!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:15 am

24Penguins wrote:does anyone know how to toast pumpkin seeds?? lol i remember having them as a kid but i dont know what temperature to set the oven to, or if you are supposed to put anything on them or just put plain raw seeds on a cookie sheet. help! lol. i thought it would be a fun healthy treat though if someone knows how!

When I do seeds, I rinse them off good, spread them out on a sheet, lightly salt them and bake at 250 until they dry up good. You need to watch them and stir them otherwise one side will be wet. Usually takes 45 minutes?
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17071
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:16 am

YEAH

Leemans famous recipes.

I think you need to get yourself a little bake shop L. I can see you as a bakery owner...really.
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17071
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:35 am

thanks KB!! hehe, im gonna give it a try this year Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 am

kellybean wrote:YEAH

Leemans famous recipes.

I think you need to get yourself a little bake shop L. I can see you as a bakery owner...really.

Thanks hun, I would love to do that some day... Maybe it could be something I could start out of my own home, I don't know.. Smile/happy
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:45 am

This may sound stupid but what do you do with the pumpkin seeds after that ??
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:47 am

Helen wrote:This may sound stupid but what do you do with the pumpkin seeds after that ??

You eat them, they are very yummy.. Haven't had them myself that way since public school..
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. Empty Baked Rosemary Chicken Legs

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 am

He He He There is no recipe, but it tasted good after I cooked it, so here's what's in it.

Family Pack of Chicken Legs
Rosemary Seasoning
Parsley Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Zatarain's Creole Seasoning(I guess any old seasoning salt would work)
Olive Oil

I preheated the oven on like 400. I put the legs in a glass caserole dish, seasoned both sides very well with all seasonings(just don't use too much of the seasoning salt cause you don't want it too salty and you can always season it some more as it cooks more). I poured some olive oil in the pan, maybe 1/3 cup, I guess(that's my problem, I don't measure anything unless I have a recipe). I added a 1/2 cup of water because I knew I wanted it to make kind of a natural gravy. I covered it with aluminum foil and stuck in the oven, for who knows how long, maybe an hour and 15 minutes, but I did check it at 45 minutes and it wasn't quite done, so I uncovered it and let it cook the rest of the way. At the 45 minute mark, i tasted my "gravy" and didn't like it at all, it was just olive oil YUCK! So, i used 4 of Jayden's baby spoons of chicken bouillion mix and it flavored it up perfectly. So, in the end, I would say just let the chicken let you know when it's done. If it's tastes tender, it's done. Now, that's my Baked Rosemary Chicken recipe
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19467
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next