Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

+12
sparkles
dolly's momma
Georgi
Myste
BethG
Gutter
kellybean
Lily*Blossom
mscherry42
Helen
24Penguins
Leeaman
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:29 pm

LOL leeaman, look at the pictures of my kitchen.. you will more than likely see it sitting on my countertop Smile/happy hahaha, my mom got one for me and DFs 3 year anniversary, lol we didnt even get eachother anything, but im not one to turn down a gift Smile/happy hahaha. and ive used it all of 3 times so far i think... all recently lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 Empty Re: Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 pm

ok nevermind i was wrong, the one on my counter is a Better Homes Cookbook lol, the thing is huge though.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm sure the Better Homes is a really good cookbook too. At least you have one!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22731
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:14 pm

I haven't read any of the other posts I am completely butting in here so apologies 'if' someone has already given a recipe for CHRISTMAS CAKE just slap me!! :tongue:

So yes...you've guessed it I would like a recipe for CHRISTMAS CAKE please.....I personally hate fruit cake especially orange peel... sick but my hubby loves it and I thought what with it being Theo's 1st Xmas, Mummy should make it extra special!! Smile/happy

x x G x x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Georgi wrote:I haven't read any of the other posts I am completely butting in here so apologies 'if' someone has already given a recipe for CHRISTMAS CAKE just slap me!! :tongue:

So yes...you've guessed it I would like a recipe for CHRISTMAS CAKE please.....I personally hate fruit cake especially orange peel... sick but my hubby loves it and I thought what with it being Theo's 1st Xmas, Mummy should make it extra special!! Smile/happy

x x G x x

Georgi, I think my Mom has a really good one, I hate Christmas Cake as well but this one I actually don't mind, I will get it from her and post it for you.. xox
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17478

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 pm

That will be FANTASTIC!!!!! thank you!! Kiss
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:08 am

Georgi wrote:That will be FANTASTIC!!!!! thank you!! Kiss

Hun, sorry it is taking so long, my Mom is trying to find the recipe. Hopefully she will find it this morning and then I can post it. Smile/happy
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:51 am

No worries honey I won't be making it just yet anyway.....unless I am supposed to????? Confused
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Georgi wrote:No worries honey I won't be making it just yet anyway.....unless I am supposed to????? Confused

No, no it isn't something to make now unless you want it now to have.
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:41 pm

kellybean wrote:
24Penguins wrote:does anyone know how to toast pumpkin seeds?? lol i remember having them as a kid but i dont know what temperature to set the oven to, or if you are supposed to put anything on them or just put plain raw seeds on a cookie sheet. help! lol. i thought it would be a fun healthy treat though if someone knows how!

When I do seeds, I rinse them off good, spread them out on a sheet, lightly salt them and bake at 250 until they dry up good. You need to watch them and stir them otherwise one side will be wet. Usually takes 45 minutes?

I don't rinse them off too good, I may be weird but I kinda like a little bit of the orange stuff with them.

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 Pumpkin_puke_sml
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:01 pm

LOL.. That looks too gross.

So, I tried baking a chocolate cake today. I was gonna use the recipe for the one on here, but i didn't realize that it used a box cake, and i didn't have any on hand. :cry: So, I found one online, but then midway through realized DF left an 18-count carton eggs with one in it!!!! :angry: So, after leaving the kitchen for like half an hour in anger and frustration, I sent Jadah across the street to her friend's house to ask if I could "borrow" an egg. I finished the stupid cake, but it was too dry, and the frosting was too runny. I am disappointed because I wasted way too much time and energy on it. Oh well.

If anyone has any MOIST chocolate cake recipes that calls for cocoa let me please. In the mean time, I might just go to the store this week and grab a box of chocolate cake mix to do the one posted earlier. OK, rant over.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:23 pm

mscherry42 wrote:LOL.. That looks too gross.

So, I tried baking a chocolate cake today. I was gonna use the recipe for the one on here, but i didn't realize that it used a box cake, and i didn't have any on hand. :cry: So, I found one online, but then midway through realized DF left an 18-count carton eggs with one in it!!!! :angry: So, after leaving the kitchen for like half an hour in anger and frustration, I sent Jadah across the street to her friend's house to ask if I could "borrow" an egg. I finished the stupid cake, but it was too dry, and the frosting was too runny. I am disappointed because I wasted way too much time and energy on it. Oh well.

If anyone has any MOIST chocolate cake recipes that calls for cocoa let me please. In the mean time, I might just go to the store this week and grab a box of chocolate cake mix to do the one posted earlier. OK, rant over.

Oh that sucks.. One thing I will tell you about the cake recipe I posted on Pg. 1, I have never made a cake so moist in my life as that one...
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:20 pm

this is great girls
i have a quick on and sorry i hardly ever measure lol

honey mustard chicken

Chicken breast sliced thin
Potatoes- cut thin
250ml cream ( i just get long life pouring cream)
1-2 packets of cream of chicken dry soup mix
1/2 jar ( 80g or so) whole grain mustard
1 tablesppon of honey
Peel and slice potatoes thin
Cut chicken thin
layer in a casserole dish, one layer chicken 1 layer potato etc
Mix the cream, soup mix and mustard in a seperate bowl then pour over chicken and potatoes
Cook until potatoes soft and chicken cooked ( approx 1 hour) i also sprinkle grated cheese on top

Yummy!!! nice with veg or salad
( sorry if not exact measurments lol i am good at guessing lol)

Last edited by sparkles on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:35 pm

and for dessert

This one is one of my favs, i always make it at christmas time too

Chocolate Peppermint Slice
2/3 cup ( 90g/30oz) self raising flour
1/4 cup( 30g/1oz) cocoa powder
1/2 cup (45g/1 1/2 oz) desicated coconut
1/4cup (60g/2oz) sugar
140g (4 1/2oz) butter, melted
1 egg, beaten lightly

Peppermint filling
1 1/2 cups ( 185g/6oz) icing sugar, sifted
30g(1oz) Copha ( white vegetable shortening), melted
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence

Choc topping
185g ( 6oz) dark choc chopped ( i always use milk choc)
30g ( 1 oz) copha

1. preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius ( 350 F)
Line a lightly greased tn with baking paper
2. Sift cocoa and flour into a bowl, Stir in coconut and sugar, then add melted butter and egg and mix well. Press firmly into the tin. Bake for 15 mins an leave to cool ( press downwith back of spoon so compact)
3. To make peppermint filling, sift the icing sugar into bowl. stir in the melted copha, milk and peppermint essence. spread over cooled base and chill for 5-10 mins or until firm
4. Choc toppoing- put choc and copha in a heatproof bowl and stir over a pan of barley simmering water until melted ( i just melt in microwave lol) spread choc topping over the peppermint filling and refrigerate until topping is firm, cut witha warm knife ( or when choc top is cold but not yet set)
Nutrition per peice ( makes 24 pcs)
protein 1.5g
fat-10g shock
carbs-20g
dietry fibre-0.5g
Cholesterol 25mg
730kj ( 175 cal)

ENJOY
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 Slice_10
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Here's my Stuffed Shells recipe. It's from a book called (Favorite Name Brand) One-Dish Recipes/Secrets of Slow Cooking.

Classic Stuffed Shells
1 jar (26 to 28 oz) RAGU Old World Style Pasta Sauce, divided.
2lbs. part-skim ricotta cheese
2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4oz)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
3 eggs
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 box (12 oz) jumbo shlls pasta, cooked and drained.

Preheat over to 350 deg.F. In 13"x9" baking pan, evenly spread 1c. sauce. Set aside.

In large bowl, combine cheeses, eggs, parsley, and black pepper. Fill shells with cheese mixture, then arrange in baking pan. Evenly top with remaining sauce. Bake 45 min. or until sauce is bubbling. Makes 8 servings

Ok, here's how I change it. First of all, I don't use RAGU! I make my sauce (you all have the recipe!) so I use that instead. One batch of my sauce gives us plenty of leftovers, so I either freeze it for later use or use it the next week for shells.

Tonight I cut it back by about a third. About 1c. of ricotta; shredded about 1/2 of the 8oz of mozzarella, maybe 1/8c. Parmesean cheese, and one egg. Whoops, forgot to add pepper tonight. Probably just a few dashes. I never have fresh parsley so I leave that out. I cooked 8 shells and had just a little bit of cheesy stuff leftover.

I don't put sauce on the bottom. I just use cooking spray, place the shells in, and then top with sauce. The sauce will run down anyway as it cooks. I use a Corningware pan that's small enough to keep the shells from tipping. It's easy to overbake so I put mine in for 30min but probably will check it at 20min.

Salad and garlic bread and you're good to go!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:29 pm

mmmmmm sounds yummy beth, but what are stuffed shells??? tacos?? or are they very large pasta shells?? i dont think we have those here
Gee i ask alot of questions about word meaning lol but im ALL the way down under hahahaha
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Sparkles, it's pasta!

This is not the receipe I posted, but here's a pic so you get the idea.

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 3 40742210
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:39 pm

ok gottcha lol
so you stuff the pasta like ravioli
yum i think i will give it go.
so its just the large pasta shells which are like3cm big or so
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Quick post,
I made a curry chicken dish tonight that turned out quite nice, seeing as how I rushed through it, and didn't realize that I didn't have all the ingredients that the recipe called for, but both girls ate seconds! I'll post it once I figure out what all I tweaked and figure out some rough measurements.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sapphire Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:16 am

just skimming through some of these yummy recipes and thought it was funny to see 'self-raising flour' on sparkle's recipes, that is such an Aussie thing! I'm not sure what the equivalent here would be (we just have plain old flour, none with the self-raising agent in it) - maybe a bit of baking powder + flour? Not sure how much you'd use though. *shrugs* may not be a big deal but I can imagine it would cause trouble if you just substituted plain flour for the self-raising! (And I miss being in Australia so much so anything that reminds me of it makes me smile!)

I love to cook and i'm sure I have something to share at one point!
sapphire
sapphire
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 260
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:28 am

Oh we have self-raising flour here in the UK too!! I tend to use it even when it states use plain Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Does anyone have a good chocolate frosting recipe. I made a chocolate cake from scratch today, and it was 50 times better than the last one. I used a recipe that called for mayonnaise, of all ingredients, go figure. My uncle, who's a chef, said that adding mayo makes for really moist chocolate cakes, and he was right. But, unfortunately, my chocolate frosting recipe was not good. It wasn't thick and solid enough. I put it in the fridge, which helped to "firm" it some, but it still wasn't to my liking in consistency. Jadah and I both agree that this cake was much better, but I'm still not quite there. But, the cake recipe was quick and simple, and MOIST.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:48 am

Hey Everybody!
I just saw you wanted a chocolate frosting recipe, but I actually have a peanut butter recipe that IS AWESOME on chocolate cakes lol I absolutely LOVE IT!

PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING

1 - (1-lb.) pkg. Domino® Confectioners Sugar (approx. 3 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup - butter or margarine, softened
3 to 4 tablespoons - milk
1 teaspoon - vanilla
Heaping 1/3 cup of PB Smile/happy

I need to try some of your yummy recipes!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:46 pm

Sparkles, those chocolate mint slices have made me sooo hungry! That is the sort of thing I love. I will definitely be making some to take to work with me x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19746
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Here's something my mom just shared with me that is a quick, easy, and very yummy ''candy'' for Christmas.

Ingredients
Rollo caramel candies
half pecans
m&ms (Christmas red & green are great)
Pretzels my mom says they have round ones - rings? I could not find anything like that here, but I got some thin square ones that kinda looked like a grid, and they worked out fine.

Pre-heat oven to 275
put a piece of foil on your cookie sheet
lay out pretzels on the cookie sheet, and place an unwrapped Rollo on each one.
Bake for 2 1/2 minutes

take cookie sheet out of oven, and press a piece or pecan, or two m&ms into each rollo, flattening it out somewhat. Cool in fridge.

YUM!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next