Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

+12
sparkles
dolly's momma
Georgi
Myste
BethG
Gutter
kellybean
Lily*Blossom
mscherry42
Helen
24Penguins
Leeaman
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  sparkles Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:52 am

hahaha Sapphire- i never realised that you wouldnt have self raising flour lol, i think its a teaspoon of baking powder to a cup of plain flour lol xo

lol and i think its funny that you would make pretzels into a sweet thing lol

Galaxy did you end up making the peppermint slice, yummo
i am going to do a littl ebit of xmas baking this week any suggestions anyone??
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips & Recipe Shares..

Post  mscherry42 Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:36 am

OK ladies. The first step to recovery is to admit I have a problem. So, I'm admitting it. I dont' cook for my family anymore. It started off as I wouldn't cook on the days I worked(3 or 4 depending on long or short week). But, I would cook once or twice on my days off. Then I dropped down to cooking once a week on my days off. Now, I don't cook at all. Zip, zero, zilch. I know I'm not suppose to pawn my problems on others, but I think I stopped enjoying cooking when DF got all healthy on me. I'm from Louisiana, I'm used to eating all kinds of "rich" food. Now, I cook my food healthier than my family does, but DF has decided only to eat chicken and fish. OMG!! Who the hell wants to eat chicken and fish every day, not me!!!! Anyway, I do realize that there are more people in the house besides the dumb a@@ health nut(j/k, sort of). So, I want to start cooking way more often for my lovely family. I need some good slow cooker recipes. We don't like foods with lots of "different" ingredients. Please help turn this HO....peless career woman into a housewife!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:45 pm

mscherry, i understand where you are coming from for sure!!!

i have SEVERAL really good crock pot recipes - sum are chicken though! Smile/happy

Roast
Beef or Pork Roast
Red Potatoes
Carrots
Onion
Beef Bouillon
salt and pepper
Water enough to cover the roast

Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook all day while u are at work on medium or high Wink

White Chicken Chili
Chicken Breast
White Beans
White Chicken Chili Mix
enough water to cover the ingredients

Same as roast cook all day (cook on Low though).

Barbeque - AWESOME!
Pork Tenderloins or a Pork Roast
SWeet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
Buns

Put the pork roast, add bbq sauce (1/2 bottle), and water to cover the roast, in the slow cooker all day on low to medium. When you get home move the roast to a casserole dish and shred it up like you do for sandwiches. add the rest of the bbq sauce and bake at 350 for like 10 minutes. puton a bun or eat by itself Smile/happy

I will think of more later Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Ty Ginny. I think I might try the bbq one, but with a beef roast instead. I'm just not sure if everyone else in the house likes bbq beef sandwiches. Oh, well, if not, more for me!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Baking/Cooking Ideas, Tips  & Recipe Shares.. - Page 4 Empty Potato Salad

Post  mscherry42 Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:15 am

Ingredients (you all know I suck at measuring stuff)
6 potatoes
4 eggs
mustard
mayo
sweet relish
season salt
cayenne pepper

1.Peel,cube, and boil your potatoes, with the eggs until tender(i stick a fork into a few of them)
2.Mash the potatoes in a large bowl.
3.Peel and dice your eggs really small and pour into potato mixture.
4.Scoop a nice size amount of mayo onto mixture.
5.Squirt about 3 or 4 tbsp of mustard to the same mixture.
6.Spoon about 3 tbsp of sweet relish too.
7.Stir well.
8.Use season salt to taste, and cayenne pepper for a slight kick.

Enjoy!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:50 pm

I found my new favorite chocolate cake recipe along with a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe. We took it to a 4th of July bbq yesterday, and they devoured it. I'll post it later along with a picture of it. I hope you all had a great 4th of July!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:03 pm

This is a great crock pot recipe:

Beef tips or 1 pound Beef Sirloin cubed
1 packet of dry onion soup mix
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I use fat free)
1 jar of sliced mushrooms (you can leave these out)
Just a little bit of water

Put everything into crock pot and mix thoroughly. Cook on low all day

Cook your choice of pasta noodles. I like large egg noodles and serve the Beef mixture over the noodles.

My husband LOVES this and it's super easy!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:23 am

mscherry42 wrote:I found my new favorite chocolate cake recipe along with a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe. We took it to a 4th of July bbq yesterday, and they devoured it. I'll post it later along with a picture of it. I hope you all had a great 4th of July!!

Here is the cake recipe. You gotta wait for the picture since I'm at work right now. As a note, I used miniature choco chips instead of regular, and it definitely a great idea.

INGREDIENTS
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
• 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

For the frosting, I suggest letting it chill in the fridge for like 30 minutes while the cake is cooling just to firm up the frosting a bit.

INGREDIENTS
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/4 cup shortening
• 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 cups confectioners' sugar
• 2 tablespoons milk
• 1 cup hot fudge topping
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
1. Cream together the butter or margarine with the shortening.
2. Sift the cocoa with the confectioners' sugar and add to the creamed mixture. Mix together adding 1 tablespoon at a time of milk to keep mixture smooth. Don't add more than 1/4 cup of milk.
3. Add the hot fudge topping and the vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4