Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~

+12
Lou Lou
Lily*Blossom
Ginny
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
Toffee
MommaBear
BethG
galaxy
lindzee
Angel
16 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 Empty Re: TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~

Post  lindzee Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 am

Hey Bethie,

How are you? i see you're 12 dpo, how are you feeling about things??? Your chart looks great! Will you test or just wait it out?

I am back home now after a terrible last day of vacation. I came straight off the plane to the hospital where I spent the night. I had severe traveler's diarrhea, plus a fever and low blood pressure, etc. I have never felt so ill in my life. They had to give me four bags of fluid. Not fun at all.

And the other fun news is that i apparently got my period on Friday!?!?! WTF?!?!? After like a 6 day LP?? How does that even make sense? Is it normal to have a short LP after my surgery I had? I know I ovulated, I had a pos test, ewcm, sore nipples, all my usual things. So I was so not prepared to start bleeding on my trip on Friday. Ughhhhhhh..... At least my app is next week with the FS.

Keep me posted Beth. Just wanted to quickly pop in and say hi and see how you are doing.
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 703
Loyalty Rating : 19767
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~ - Page 36 Empty Re: TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~

Post  BethG Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 am

Lindzee! So glad you're home but how terrible to be that sick! Praying you get better soon.

I HAVE heard about a short LP/messed up cycle after a lap. At least be glad you're not wasting an meds or IUI on this cycle then. Hopefully it'll be back to normal this next one.

12DPO today and my temp dipped a little bit. I was going to test if it went up/stayed up, but it didn't, so I didn't. Then I had second thoughts so I said if I can squeeze out a bit more FMU, I'll use my cheapie (not a digital) test. Not even a hint of a second line. So disappointed.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22668
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am

Ugh.....What a shitty end to such a hopeful cycle for both of us, huh??? Cry So frustrating and upsetting...... Cry

I still feel so sick so I barely care but BLAHHHHHHHHH. Where's the good news for us?? Life just isn't fair sometimes, is it??

MY temp was high this morning, 98.9 but pretty sure I still have a bit of a fever left.
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Lindzee my first LP after the lap was 9 days. It screwed with my cycle for a while. I think it's quite normal to affect the cycles immediately afetrwards but most people return to normal pretty quick.

I have already said it elsewhere Bethy but I will say it here too, to remind you. You are only 12 DPO, you are not out yet! *hugs*
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18336
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Mel, Thanks for posting that!! Now I seem to remember you saying something about your LP being shorter after your lap too. I sure hope mine will improve next cycle and be longer than 5/6 days......sheesh. Maybe I will have to start taking extra b6 again to help it out. Did you do that too? I will also talk to the RE about it next week too.

Beth, hang in there, it ain't over til it's over!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm

sorry AF arrived Beth, i was chart stalking and was sooo hopeful for you. Will you be doing IUI again this cycle??

good luck Lindzee
I cant even remeber what my cycle was like after my lap...
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19563

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 pm

yes, we'll give IUI another try but I'm only on the 2.5mg of Femara this time, not the 5mg like last IUI cycle. I wasn't able to talk the docs into the higher dose. I have acu scheduled for this Friday and then Monday and Wednesday of next week. Tentatively planning on IUI on Thursday of next week. Not feeling as hopeful this time around. Also feeling aprehensive since it was so painful last time. I can't help thinking there's something wrong with with one of tubes if it reacts so negatively. One dr. thought I had a tubal spasm during my HSG and I had the same bad reaction during the IUI as well.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Wed May 04, 2011 10:52 am

Lindzee I did try vit B6 to lengthen my LP for a couple of cycles, it didn't work but if I wasn't doing IVF I probably would have tried for abit longer. I wasn't too concerned as I knew I was having IVF so LP length wouldn't be an issue with that. I may try it now actually. Since having Luke my LP is 6 / 7 days. Although I'm not TTC it would be nice to just have my body working like a normal body for a change! lol!

When are you seeing your consultant? This week? Good luck!

Beth I have heard that IUI can cause some crampyness but if it was very painfull I would probably ask if it's normal? As you know, if your tube is blocked that can cause pain during the HSG which is what they first thought with you. That was why they didn't think my tube was blocked, I felt no pain. They said it's usually very painfull when there is a blockage. IF you do have a blocked tube thats even more reason to continue with the IUI treatment, it could be you O'd from the (maybe) blocked side last month. I know it's all guess work and it must be very hard to stay positive. (((bethy)))
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Wed May 04, 2011 2:39 pm

HEy Sparkles! ow are you? Thanks for popping in and offering your words. Smile/happy That means a lot!

Mel, thanks for your experience with your LP as well. I have started taking Vit B6 100 mg again. It has to help somewhat. I am really thinking it must have something to do with the surgery since I used to have an LP of 13 days. Crazy. If it's not one thing it's another huh??

Beth, I know you don't feel hopeful, but at least you are doing something proactive and putting yourself out there. You don't know until you try and then you can say that you did all you could. Those are the bases I am trying to cover anyways. I would def talk to the dr about your IUI being painful. I experienced some cramping, but nothig like what you described. Time for an u/s or another HSG to check on things maybe? Keep me posted. Good luck with acu!

So I am off to the RE today and have a list of Q's to ask:

1. 6 day LP, is this normal after surgery?

2. Endo/polyp - what level? Where was it? Will it come back? How soon? Etc.

3. What are the odds of TTC naturally? Are our odds a little improved now that the polyp and endo are gone?

4. What are the next steps after that? I still have two months of clomid left, so maybe try 1 more IUI + clomid in June and then try on our own for 6 mos and then reevaluate?

5. Hair loss - I have been losing tons of hair and it is really thinning out. Time to check thyroid again?

Anything else you think I should say or ask? I will let yo uknow what she says. hopefully she's not too quick to hop on the IVF bandwagon. We don't have the money and now there really shouldn't be any issues since DH has amazing sperm and I am all cleaned out. Thanks ladies!!!!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 am

Any news Lindzee?
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Fri May 06, 2011 10:09 am

Hey ldies! Here's the update!

My appt was yesterday afternoon and minus waiting over an hour and a half to get in to see the RE, it was good. Much better than I thought actually. Here's the low down.

She showed me pics of my innards from the surgery and all the places where the endo was. It was in quite a lot of places like brown spots, but it wasn't severe. A lot was on one of my ovaries, which she thinks is a probable cause for my painful ovulation, of which I had none last month when I O'ed!

I asked her about our chances of TTC naturtally and conceiving on our own and she said their are mixed reviews out there. But her personal and professional opinion was that she was optimistic, given my age, that I have gotten pg before twice and now that the endo is all cleared out. I asked when the endo would return and she said it depended on the person but that usually within around a year or so. And then the only thing to do is have surgery again. Cry She thinks the 6 day LP was a weird fluke thing because my body was out oh whack from the surgery and she doesn't think it will happen again. (But just in case I started taking 100 mg of Vit B6 again to help things along).

So we are going to try naturally this cycle, do clomid + IUI next month and then try on our own naturally for a while after that and then see how we feel about doing IVF and if we can wrangle up the money etc. It is a real investment and at this point I am not fully ready for it, but I do feel like we will do everything we can and that is one of our options. I think I would just skip IUI + injectables because that can cost around 4 grand for 1 month and IVF is around 10 or 11 grand with better odds. Who knows...it's a lot to think about. Maybe I will have to talk to you about it more Mel since you recently did it!

We also talked about my miscarriages and she said that if I have one more she would begin genetic testing with blood tests and things like that. So that is reassuring to know. Let's hope that is not the case and that third time's the charm, right? I have also been having issues with my hair thinning out and falling out and she said that could be due to stress, but she gave me a blood req to check my thyroid again just in case.

So all in all it looks like I have a good plan. I just hope something will work out for it to happen now. I am glad the dr is so positive and optimistic, I only need to feel that way now!

How are you doing Beth? How's the femara?

Thanks for checking in Mel!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Wed May 11, 2011 10:20 am

Hey Beth!! How are you doing? How are the OPKs going? Just wanted to pop in and check on things! Nothing new from my end! Crossing my fingers for you. xoxo
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed May 11, 2011 11:35 am

Hey Lindzee, sorry I haven't checked in. just needed a break, I guess.

IUI is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hubby and I BD'd last night to cover our bases. Had acu on CD7, 10, and will again today, CD12. Had some bleeding last night, bright red, so that is troubling (before we ever DTD). i'm not sure what that is all about.

I think the results of your surgery sound promising. I bet the endo was preventing fertilization and implantation. I think I sense a BFP in your future! Like your doc said, you HAVE gotten pregnant twice now so that alone is very encouraging (at least it is to me).
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 am

I'm happy to report my IUI this morning was a much much much better experience than last month! I had a good acu session on Wednesday, and when removing a needle from my ear, I bled a little, which sometimes happens. But my acu dr. said Oooooh, that's an ovarian point and you never bleed from that one! She liked it, lol.

I had some vicodin leftover from my sinus surgery, so I took one at 8am (I had to be there at 8:30am). Hubby gave me his sample at 8:16am and I was on my way. Almost forgot to kiss him goodbye, lol. The vic got me feeling quite mellow which probably helped me a lot too.

Instead of the doctor I had last time, a nurse practioner named Cindy performed the IUI. I was hoping maybe she'd be better since since she does pap tests all the time. Yep, she was. She got the cath through the cervix in one try without using a clamp to open it. She released the sperm very very slowly. She says if you do it too fast it can cause cramping. She suspects that the dr. did it too fast last time (or at least too fast for me/my uterus/my fallopian tubes) and that was the same problem with the HSG as well. So I had no pain, no cramping, just mild discomfort.....just like everyone else describes. I feel a bit tender right now but ok. I have that nasty sponge up there though and have to keep it in for 4 hours. Cindy also takes the remainder of the semen and puts it in the vagina, near the cervix. Just an added little extra.

I'm telling myself that the spasming fallopian tube last month was the reason IUI didn't work, and that I'll get my BFP this time. Pray
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

This IUI sounds soooooo much better Beth!! Smile/happy Wow, what a difference a nurse can make! The nurses at my FC are the ones who do all the IUIs so they would be way better than the doctors I am sure. Sounds so much more encouraging! Was your OPK close to + yesterday again?? Keeping my everything crossed for you!!

Still nothing new here going on...... wondering what your thoughts are for next cycle.....I have two months of 50 mg of clomid left. Should I do two IUIs with clomid? Should I try one month of just clomid and us trying naturally and then do IUI? Or do the IUI first and then try on our own? I don't know....any advice or input anyone has is appreciated.

Have a great day!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu May 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Lindzee, I had THREE very nice looking OPKs! Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I've never had 3 in a row with much of a test line. Acu dr. thought Wednesday's looked the best. My temp went up today but only a little bit. Hoping everything is ok, timing-wise.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Fri May 13, 2011 9:43 am

Nice temp rise today Beth! Smile/happy So very hopeful for you!!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri May 13, 2011 10:24 am

i didn't do an OPK yesterday b/c I thought yesterday might be O-day.....and besides, i didn't have any tests left, lol. Seems to be a bit of a slower rise this month. I hope I didn't O on CD12.

I think maybe you should do one month of clomid naturally, and then one month of clomid with IUI. The 2nd M/C was from an IUI cycle right? Hmmmm, maybe do both cycles IUI? If finances allow it......but actually, you'll only need one IUI cycle. Smile/happy
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sat May 14, 2011 3:40 pm

FF gave me crosshairs for CD12, the day before I had IUI. I actually think it might shift later despite the temp rises.. It just doesn't quite feel right being that early....particularly since I had strong o-pains last night. We DTD again last night but hubby was very ornry, very reluctant, and a huge PITA in general. But it's done, lol.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun May 15, 2011 8:17 am

My temp dipped today, and overall, they're just a little bit low. I"m thinking maybe today's dip is my usual fall-back rise that happens on 2 or 3DPO. I still think O-day will be adjusted.

How are you doing Lindzee?
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 am

I'm disappointed that my chart has not changed. So as it stands, I had IUI the day AFTER I ovulated. Temps are low this month, below 98 degrees. I think perhaps it just shows that my ovulation is not good on 2.5mg of Femara.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Mon May 16, 2011 10:44 am

Sorry to hear that you are feeling so discouraged Beth. I really thought your Ch would change too. It really didn't look to me like it would be CD 12. The rise was not very high as yours usually is the day after O. Have you been using the prog cream? I don't know what's with the lower temps for you? I wish they would have allowed you to use the higher dose of femara! Grrrrrrr......! I am thinking of you!

No new from me. Still! Looking to be another LONG cycle again. I thought the surgery was supposed to help that?!
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon May 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Sorry about the long cycle, I've heard to it being "off" for more than one cycle after a lap. Hope this isn't the case though!

Yeah, temps are off. I don't know what's up. I started some progesterone stuff today since it appears whatever is going to happen, happened. Wait and see I guess.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 am

I keep looking at your chart Beth and I honestly wouldn't have a clue which day was O day for you, I think it could be either. Don't forget YOU know your body better than FF! You have been charting long enough now to be considered a charting expert! If you feel like CD 13 was O day then it probably was. With that being said don't forget it isn't the end of the world if CD 12 is O day, you had brilliant timing if that is the case!

Lindzee don't be too suprised if your cycle is off for a couple of months after the surgery. From what I can gather, some people bounce back very quickly after the trauma of surgery but others take a little longer.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Tue May 17, 2011 11:13 pm

You girls are truly troopers. I don't think people can ever appreciate what you are going through unless you have gone through it. I have learned so much from just lurking in on your journeys and wish only that you would be blessed with a little bundle in your arms. I just wanted to say how much I admire you and too keep hoping and bd'ing of course.

On a sidenote my sis just started acu. She is off of clomid was on it for the alotted time allowed. They considered IUI but her DH wanted to keep trying on their own. She said her first acu session was painful but that the last one was great.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17980
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next