Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Sleep Support - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Sleep Support - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sleep Support

+8
Helen
Mum of jj
24Penguins
Angel
dolly's momma
skyllar
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sleep Support - Page 2 Empty Re: Sleep Support

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:38 am

Thanx Mum of jj, you are so sweet. Unfortunately, L.M. is a non conformist, and she does her own thing no matter what I try.

Last night she was up every 4 hours again. However, when she woke up this morning, I found she had a little bit of poop in her diaper, so that's probably why. I don't change her at night anymore, and I just didn't realize she was poopy. She may have even done it just before bed, and I didn't notice. Luckily she had tons of zinc bum cream on so she didn't get a red bum.

Sunday night to monday morning in the night she did 6.5 hours in a row. That day her schedule got messed up because of church. In the morning she slept half an hour from 9:15 a.m to 9:45 a.m. Then she fell asleep from 11:30 a.m to 12:00 p.m. Then she took a nap from 2 p.m to 4 p.m, and I kept her up until 8 p.m, even though she was massively tired.

Maybe no matter what, she shouldn't have that third nap, then she would sleep longer at night. I just feel bad, because sometimes the time frame between her afternoon nap and bedtime is 5 hours, and she gets SO over tired.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20922
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:12 pm

i don't know what to do with Owen anymore...... sigh..... we had two pretty good nights and then last night he went back to waking a ton and after an hour of trying to get him to bed I put him in bed with me. I'm pretty sure he knows that if he keeps crying this will be the end result! However, once I put him with me..... he squirmed and fussed all night.
I feel like crap today and I just absolutely dread bedtime. He was up at 9:45, 12, 12:45, 3:45 - 4:30 and then to bed with me and then up for the day at 8:30.
My DH wants to let him cry until he falls asleep but I just can't bring myself to let him cry that long. 10 minutes is the most I can do. I think being woken up is what's so hard on my body. I'm tempted to just stay up all night tonight and focus on teaching him how to go to sleep.
I'm rambling. I'm just so frustrated

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20313

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 pm

I am so frustrated!
Owen is a WONDERFUL baby! He is generally very happy, eats well, plays well, etc.
He is talking a ton, smiling, laughing, rolling over, trying to sit up, etc.....
HE JUST WONT FREAKING SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wont take a nap in his crib. I have to hold him or push him in the stroller. I realize that I'm contributing to the problem but I have two choices 1. Hold him so he gets the rest he needs or 2. Spend his entire nap time fighting with him and him not get any rest.

Also, at night he usually goes down easily. Worst case scenario I have to go back to his room once to resettle him or he cries for 3, then 5 and then 10 minutes and then he's asleep. (this is rare) It's the middle of the night wakings that I have no control over. Once he wakes up in the night we are up and down until day light. A good night means we are only up 5 times and a bad night may be 8 - 10 times.

I've tried feeding him when he wakes but even after nursing he will continue to wake multiple times so I've quit feeding him in the night. It hasn't made this better or worse so I'm pretty sure he's not hungry. I pat, shh, rock, put my hand on his little back, etc..... nothing works. The weird thing is that the patting works when I first put him down so why doesn't it work in the middle of the night?!

I try to make sure he is getting enough sleep during the day - of course - it would be better quality sleep if he could sleep in his bed. He naps 3 or 4 times a day usually for about 45 minutes and one of those naps is usually 1 1/2 hours. (mid day) The fourth nap is usually just a 15-20 minute cat nap in the late afternoon.

On top of all of this, my DH and I are at odds as to how we address it. He wants me to just lay him down and let him cry until he falls asleep - even if it takes 2 hours. I just don't want to do that. But obviously what I'm doing doesn't work!

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:32 am

[/quote]
OMG!I went round my friends house the other day and she was trying to get her little 9 month old to take anap.She kept laying a corner of the blanket over her daughters face...I said "what are you doing?" and she said;

"she wont go to sleep unless she has a blnket over her face,she has been like it since she could move the blanket herself! :O I was shocked and thought it to be unique,but obviously your little lucy is the same! Perhaps you should ask your ped?might be more common than we think?[/quote]

Ryan was the same!!! He used to sleep with his head under the blanket!!!!! Even in the summer when his room was baking hot !!!! We put a stop to it when he was about 2.
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17710
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:24 pm

well, we had a good night last night.
Owen went to bed at 9 and slept through until 5:20!!!!
After that, I put him in bed with me and nursed him and he slept until 7:30 when I woke him. Normally I wouldn't wake him up but I have bible study at 8:45 and had to get him up, fed and dressed and out the door by 8:30.

I just pray he can do it again! Wish us luck!!!!

Hope Lilly Mae and Kian are doing well!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:29 pm

lou lou that is awesome!!!!! praying he does it again... everynight!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18835
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:23 am

Aww Brilliant, hope he does it again !! xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17710

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:09 pm

Well, this sleep stuff is one step forward two steps back for us!
Owen has now decided that not only does he not want to sleep at night, he doesn't want to go to bed initially either!
Four nights in a row now it has taken TWO hours to get him to sleep and then he's up again about an hour later.
I fight him through every nap and at night and it's exhausting!
I AM SO TIRED OF FIGHTING HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 am

Well it looks like I am joining the club.

Over the last couple of weeks Addy's sleep has really declined. Not that she was ever a good sleeper but things are getting worse. Actually, it might be that they aren't getting better and my patience has finally worn thin.

Addy normally goes to bed between 7 or 8. She goes to sleep really well and barely ever cries when she is falling asleep. But she has a hard time staying asleep. She often wakes up 45 minutes after we put her to bed. She also often wakes around 10:30 when I normally nurse her before I go to bed. Then she gets up again at 1. She always takes her pacifier and goes right back to sleep at this wake-up. She has been waking up at 1 and going back to sleep like this for the past two months. I keep hoping she will just stop waking up at this time. Then she often wakes up again sometime between 2 and 4. At this time I nurse her. Then she goes back to bed and sleeps until 6 or 7. However, the last couple of mornings she has got up at 5. On top of this her naps are rarely longer than 45 minutes. Today she took three 30 minute naps.

Oddly enough, she is super cheerful and a total joy to be around during the day. She is so happy and very social. The lack of sleep doesn't seem to bother her...just me.

Please help.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 67
Loyalty Rating : 17250
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.camandjenjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:25 am

Hey Briecheese,I was just wondering,what are you feeding addy now and how much? I would be interested to see if she is like LM or the other 'not so great sleeping' babies. Maybe there's a link/?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21364
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:53 am

Well,
I hope this is just a temporary thing, but Jayden slept with me last night, and it was a long miserable night. It looks like she's getting sick, and everytime she gets sick, she can't sleep in her own bed. She cried and screamed even in my bed for like forever. She even threw up a couple times, though not a lot. I think it's the mucous that's turned her tummy. She pooped like 4 times. It's been hell. Then new pup cried all night. I'm a freaking train wreck. I just hope she gets over the worst of it very quickly. She's sleeping in her bed now, thank God. :cry:
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19470
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 am

Angel,

Addy just started on rice cereal. She seems to really love it and it hasn't upset her tummy at all. I think she is really ready to eat. I have just been giving it to her once per day but I think I will start giving it to her more often. I am trying to wait until 6 months to give her veggies and fruit as this is what our doctor recommends. I do think she would eat the veggies or fruit if I gave it to her though.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah,perhaps she's waking because she is hungry for more? If you want,in the good advice sub forum,there is a chart that goes by age and it gives you a guideline for how much they eat /drink depending on they're age.It's cool to look at,of course it is just a guidline.Either way I hope she starts sleeping better
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 am

Well hello everyone. I am reading all these posts thinking, "Thank goodness I am not alone!!!"

Lou Lou. I am so sorry. It is so hard when you have gotten to a good place, and all of the sudden they decide to back pedal on you. So frustrating. 2 hours to get him into bed is insane. You are a super trooper.

Briecheese I hear you! I don't even know what to say, except that I understand your lack of sleep. Just curious as to when you give Addy the rice cereal???? Is it right before bed??? It may help her sleep longer if she gets it right before you lay her down for the night. I understand you wanting to wait to start her on fruits and vegetables, but perhaps giving her two servings of rice cereal might help? It sounds like she is growing and may need more calories during the day, especially because her naps have recently gotten worse. Whenever LM stopped napping well, I would go crazy, but finally made the connection that she was ready for more food, and then she napped better.

Cherry, I am so sorry that little Jayden is getting sick. That is no fun. I hope she gets better soon.

Last night, LM did much better. She went to bed at 7:45 pm. She woke up crying at 9:30 with a bad dream cry. I just rocked her, didn't feed her. I didn't hear a peep from her until 2:45 a.m, which is a change from her crying out every few hours and having to pat her back to get her settled again. This also means she went 7 hours without a feeding!!! When she stays on her tummy she sleeps well, which is how she was at 2:45 am. She ate 4.5 ounces and went back to sleep until 5:30 a.m, then drank another 4 ounces and slept until 7:45 a.m. I think the increase of her food during the day, has helped her sleep deeper. Hopefully it keeps up.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 am

aww yey Tiff for LM sleeping better!Thats great,I reckon thats what it is! Smile/happy I also think that as she gets used to this she will sleep longer.I would still maybe dream feed her just so you can MAYBE eliminate that 2am ish feed?

Cherry,sorry I jus saw your post.I am sorry baby gurl is sick!I HATE when they are sick,not only do they feel bad,you feel so bad that they feel bad and you don't sleep and it's so hard to know what to do to help them.I hope she gets over it soon!hugs!

loulou,I also hope that O starts getting back to normal,perhpas its just a pahses.a change in his diet or routine?a tooth maybe?Forgive me for stating the obvious!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 am

Thanks Angel Smile/happy I was so tired last night, I didn't even think to dream feed her! LOL.

I am not getting my hopes up, as this kid is SO unpredictable. She can have a great night, and then the next night be up every hour!!!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:45 pm

Well LM was very tired by 7:30 pm. She barely wanted dinner, and I put her to sleep. She woke up screaming from a night terror at 8 pm, then I got her back to sleep and now it is 8:45 pm and she is awake again. I am so sick of this.

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:49 pm

aww,it's bound to take a little time to adjust.It wont go on forever babe!I know it sucks,but it wont last forever.Focus on a great nights sleep for everyone in your house...try and use the secret!I am thinking of you!Love ya!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 am

OMG. So ya, she is still waking and crying every half an hour. I think she is teething. So not fun. I gave her some tylenol, hopefully it helps.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:10 am

p.s. it's a full moon tonight, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. When I worked at a center for mentally and physically handicapped, people would always have seizures and also cry and be unsettled on the full moon. Not kidding.

So who knows, maybe it is affecting LM.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:03 am

So sorry LM is having a hard time sleeping. My lack of sleep tonight is my own dumb fault. Jayden took such a late nap that she didn't wake back up, and I didn't wake her up. So, she woke up at 5am. But, I can't complain because 6pm-5am is great. She's still full of snot, though.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19470
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am

Mscherry, sorry about Jayden's cold, that is no fun. I hope you catch up on some sleep this weekend.
LM was pretty much waking up screaming from 7:30 p.m to 11 pm, she would not settle for longer than 10 minutes at a time. I gave her some tylenol and used some baby orajel on her gums, my husband co-slept with her in her room, and she slept from 11:15 to 5:45 without waking up. Then I fed her a bottle which she drained.

I pray that was a one off, that we won't have bedtime battles like that every night. I think it was teething related though. It freaks me out that we have no health insurance right now, and haven't since August.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 am

So we started sleep training on Friday night. Mum of JJ shared a program with me and we decided to give it a try. Luckily Addy, doesn't have problems falling asleep just staying asleep. As it is she was down to a dreamfeed at 10:30 and then one night feed. So we decided to cut out the night feed. We are letting her "cry it out." We decided that we will check on her every 10 minutes when she wakes up, pat her on the back, verbally reassure her and then walk back out of her room. We decided to stop giving her the pacifier too. She still has it in her crib but she will have to put it in her mouth herself.

Friday night went okay. She went to sleep at 7 and then had her dreamfeed at 10:30. She slept until 2. She cried for one hour and then fell asleep until 4:40. She cried for another hour and then slept until 7. Saturday night she went to bed at 8, had her dreamfeed at 10:30 and then slept until 4. It took her 40 minutes to fall asleep but then she didn't wake back up until 7. So I feel like that was a lot of progress. This cry it out thing is hard and I feel so bad when she is crying and I'm not holding her or feeding her but I think we are doing the best thing for her.

So tonight is our third night. My husband has to work overnight so I am a little nervous about how this is going to go. She went to sleep at 7:30. She woke up at 8:30 but only cried for about a minute and went back to sleep on her own, we didn't even have to go in her room. I am trying to think positive. Maybe tonight she won't even wake up. Smile/happy

Oh, I also started giving Addy two meals a day on top of bfing. She started eating bananas and loves them. So she has been having bananas at lunch and cereal at dinner. I think we will try sweet potatoes tomorrow. Just picked some up at the store so we will see if I get around to preparing them.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and support. Hope your LOs are doing good.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:56 pm

I feel bad complaining constantly in the 6-12 month thread. Cry So I'll do it here.

Last night LM went to bed at 7:20, I kept her up and didn't let her take a third nap to see if it would help her sleep better at night. It did not.

She woke up at 10 pm, 1:30 am, and 4:00 am. I let her cry until 4:40, it did no good. She wanted a bottle every stinking time.

I am so sick of this crap. I can barely function. CIO isn't working, I keep blaming he teeth or whatever. As soon as we get insurance, I am going to take her in and make sure she doesn't have any underlying issues that are making it hard for her to sleep at night, like reflux or tummy problems. I haven't been able to take her to the doctor since she was 4 months old, so over 4 months now.

:angry:
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Wow, Tiff, I am sorry to read that you had another rough night! HUGS Will that ever end???? I also feel that the CIO does not work with Kian very well. When he wakes at night, we let him CIO and soothe himself back to sleep if it is too early for a feed. He will go 5-6 hours, waking at least once before that where he cries himself back to sleep. If he wakes again before a reasonable time interval we will let him CIO. We have been consistently doing this for a while, and it doesn't get better - it just seems like he accepted CIO, LOL. Just hope Kian's sleep stories will make you feel a little better. You are NOT alone...
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21121

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down