Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Sleep Support - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Sleep Support - Page 4 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sleep Support

+8
Helen
Mum of jj
24Penguins
Angel
dolly's momma
skyllar
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Sleep Support - Page 4 Empty Re: Sleep Support

Post  Lou Lou Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Hmmmmm. Well, if it's a tooth I hope for your sake it pops on out!!!!! It does sound like she's getting plenty to eat.

Do you go to her every time she cries out at night? I realized that CIO may not be the best thing for you because of little Teo but it sounds a lot like what Tiff went through. (and me too!) Owen did that too, he slept great until he woke once, after that he was up and down all night!!!!
I'm wondering what would happen if you just didn't go to her...... it may take a few nights but I'll bet that would put an end to all of this.
I am glad to hear that putting her in her own room has helped! It was hard for me too but I had to get some sleep and Owen was only 8 weeks!!!!!!

I wish I could be more helpful!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20313
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 am

I am not opposed to CIO and usually Teo will sleep through a bomb going off,He slept through me giving birth in the living room and screaming my head off.LOL But I think the other day was becuase it was close to his normal waking time.Either way,it wasnt a HUGE deal.When she cries like that,I usually wait about 5 mins then go and get her.Perhaps I should wait longer.I am exausted.She did exactly the same thing last night.She went down at 8pm,slept until midnight,went back about 1am (hubby has got home and we hung out,I know that was probably not a good thign to do)and then she woke at 2:30,4:30 (I went and got her then) I fed her in bed with me and then tried puttng her into her pack n play next to me.Then she woke again at 6:30,I was exausted and she didnt want milk but was very awake so I put her in her room with some toys.I didn't hear her cry after that but we woke for the day around 8:00am.I am once again,exausted.It only takes being woken once to ruin your nights sleep and this is at least 3 times a night. shock This morning though,she cried for a bit around 7:30 and then went quiet so I guess she either fell asleep r played.

About the CIO,every night,I feed her her oatmeal,then nurse her in the rocking chair in her room,then i lay her in bed.9 times out of 10 she is drowsy but still awake and the moment I put her down in her crib she wakes back up and starts screaming (She has bad separation anxiety) but usually after 15 -20 mins she falls asleep by herself.So CIO does work if she doesnt need anything and is tired for sure
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21364
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 am

Maybe a nightlight? And a couple soft toys in her crib with her so when she cat naps maybe she will play a little and fall back to sleep without crying? Often Lucy will play for an hour or so in the morning before she starts fussing, and I just let her.

Skyllar - I was reading back a couple pages in this topic, and you had your schedule posted for Kian. I noticed you don't feed any solid food after about 2 pm. I am wondering if you threw in some veggies or cereal later if something solid in the tummy before bed might help stretch past that midnight feeding (if you are still having that problem.). Lucy gets her last solid meal about 6 or 7, then a bottle 8 or 9 right before bed....
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18437
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:59 am

thanks DM,she has 2 night lights.ONe normal low wattage bulb and one multicoloured soft light that changes,it's very soothing.I always leave her a couple of toys in her crib too.When she wakes up,when I eventuallydo go in there she is standing holding the bars like a prisoner,it's horrible! LOL. I think she gets bored very quickly.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:07 am

When Lucy gets bored or is mad she will start dragging a toy along the bars of the crib. That sound makes me think she feels like a prisoner too lol.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18437
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:59 am

Holi - I think I would start letting her cry longer. I know some moms think CIO is mean..... I was one of those moms until I had a 6 month old baby that was waking as much as a 6 week old baby!!!! It's the only thing that worked for us. The first night her cried the most.... I think he woke a couple of times and he cried for 30 - 45 minutes. (heartbreaking for me)
and then the next night he woke a few times but cried much less and by the third or fourth night he didn't wake at all. Since then, with the exception of two nights (he was teething), I haven't gotten up in the night with him at all! He goes to bed at 9 and usually sleeps until 9 - 10am!!!!!

Prior to CIO I did what you are doing now...... let him cry 5 -15 minutes..... go to him...... pick him up and rock..... or pat his back...... or feed him....... or put him in bed with me......... it was too inconsistent. I didn't know what to do with him......therefor, he didn't know what to do........

I know your pain. I know you're exhausted and with DH away it makes it that much more difficult!!!! When do you move? If the move is close you may want to consider waiting until you've moved to do this but if the move is still a few weeks out I would go ahead and try to nip it in the bud.

hang in there honey!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks a lot Loulou Kiss I don't want to act like I have it so bad coz I did have a verygood sleeper for a goo long while.it's just these past few weeks.But I agree,it seems harder this time round for me to let her CIO.Also,whenever we got to MIL's house it annoys me coz they acuse me of spoliing her and her always wanting me.yet when she crys,it's race to get to her first and pick her up.litterally falling over each other sometimes! Anyway..never mind! I will try to CIo thing.We are moving in about 2 weeks.I havnt really packed much :S It's hard coz she is so clingy.I had to clean the other day and I couldnt stop coz people were coing to look at the house (to rent it) so I left her in her crib for 1hr and a half.I felt so mean and she screamed for a lot of it,but there were moments of silnece,either she slept or played.IDk.It will get better though! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:36 pm

HI Angel honey. I am sorry that you are struggling now to get some sleep at night. I do have a few suggestions.

Make sure Tia-Li both naps in the daytime and sleeps at night, in the same bed. I think that perhaps she is getting confused between the pack and play and then her crib at night. I think that she'll be a lot less upset if she always sleeps in her crib. I think that night time is always a bit disorientating for baby's because it's so dark... so it probably will help her settle easier at night if she is used to the crib during the day as well.

Also... CIO is so hard. I can honestly say that cold turkey do not go into their room CIO does work for some kids. For LM it does not. I have to use controlled crying which means letting her cry for 5 minutes, then go in and pat her back but NOT PICK HER UP. I wait until she is no longer crying, then if she starts up again I wait 10 minutes before going to her. Each time she starts crying again I add an extra 5 minutes to the time frame I let her cry before going in. It really works for her. LM just gets so stinking worked up that she is in hysterics and she just doesn't even know why she is crying anymore. If I can snap her out of it the first time, 8/10 times she falls back to sleep after only 5 minutes of crying.

Sounds like she is getting plenty to eat. Tia-Li is at the same age LM was when I realized I had to let go and let her sleep in her own room without me Cry It was so hard, but gradually she got better and better and now she does pretty well (with the exception of when her nose is blocked up like last night).

Hugs! You can do it! Hang in there!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20922

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:28 am

Well,last night,I put her to bed,usual time,usual way,she woke usual time between midnight and one for a feed.This time I kept the lights low and fed her in her room in the rocker.She pretty much stayed asleep and only whined a little when I put her down and then went straigh back to sleep.Next time she woke was 5am.So thats not bad.It's better than it hs been.She nursed for a little bit but then when i put her back in her crib,she cried for 20 mins so I went back in a nursed her/rocked her and then put her down and she stayed there and went to sleep.Next time she woke was 7:00 but she was quite happy playing in her crib and when I went in to check on her she had a toy in her hand and gave me this HUGE grin! Smile/happy Well,it's better than 4-5 times a night!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:10 am

that's great news!!!!!
You just have to keep the faith! It sounds like keeping the lights low helped a lot. When I have to get up with Owen I don't talk to him at all. I keep the lights off (it's amazing what you can do it the dark when you need too!) and I never speak to him. On the rare occasion that I do speak or need extra light he usually wakes up and it takes a lot to resettle him.

So glad you had a better night. Hopefully tonight will be EVEN BETTER!!!!!!! Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Angel that's great hun that there was an improvement last night. I think our babies just suddenly reach a point where their awareness level is on hyper alert and they hear and notice everything and crave our company. That infant sleep anywhere stage just disappears and they are ready for their own quiet space.

I hope tonight is even better for you sweetie!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Ok,weird start to the night,she went down usual time about 7:30,rubbing her eyes and tired.Then about 9pm she wakes.I nurse her,put her back and she has been crying ever since (half an hour) I THINK (touch wood) she has JUSt gone back to sleep.Not sure what it's all about.I am SO tired from last night.Hope she sleeps through now.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:00 pm

maybe she'll get it out of her system now and sleep through!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:07 am

well,last nights wake up times;

bed at 7pm (she was rubbing her eyes and crying so I put her down a half hour earlier
Woke up at ;
9:30
10:00
1:30
2;30
4:30
5:30
6:30,she kept crying when I put her back in her bed at 6:30 but I was so exasuted I just left her to t and she evetually fell back asleep to wake for the day at 7:30...she's not napping for almost an hour.Yesterday she napped 3 hours in the morning,do you guys think I should keep it back to one.She does have REALLY red cheecks today thoguh,so I htink teething may have something to do with it,she's got 5 so she's due another one any minute!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 am

It sounds like Tia-Li is taking super long naps in the morning to make up for lost night time sleep. I recommend waking her up after an hour to an hour and a half. Then put her down to sleep again no more than 3 hours later. Babies her age tend to get over tired after being awake for more than 3 hours during the day which can make nap times a night mare because they have a second wind.

I think that letting her take as long of an afternoon nap as she wants is a good idea. Eventually she'll drop that morning nap after she's 13 months or so. Probably once she stops sleeping so much in the morning, she will start getting that sleep at night. It's SO rough. LM's sleep was all over the place when she was Tia-Li's age, and what do you know... it still is. It's so frustrating to feel like you are sleepwalking through your days!!!

I hope she sorts her sleep out soon hun. To be honest, I think that babies just go through phases and consistency is the key. Right now, LM is refusing to fall asleep for her naps, she fights me for up to an hour and a half for each nap. Now that she can pull herself up and stand, she just keeps standing up in her crib and yelling for me. I just keep going in and laying her back down until she stays down. Yesterday I am not kidding, I had to lay her down 33 times. I kept track Smile/happy

The hardest thing for me is not running to LM when she first starts crying at night. Right now I have been attending to her quite quickly because she is sick, and I don't want all her snot to turn into an ear infection, but normally I let her fuss for a bit and see if she will settle herself.

You and I have some stubborn little girls, eh? Keep posting here hun, I am here for you every step of the way, I SO UNDERSTAND.

xxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 am

I also forgot to mention. Before she got sick, LM was sleeping through once she went down for the night, and if she did wake up it wasn't until between 1 or 2 a.m. Recently... she started waking up again like an hour and a half after she goes down for the night. So annoying. She goes through phases where I don't hear from her until the middle of the night, and then all the sudden she starts waking up shortly after going to sleep for the night. GRRRRRR!!!!! Each phase seems to last a few weeks.

45 minutes and counting that I have been fighting her to take a nap!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:12 pm

I know you of all people understand Tiff!I am sorry she's waking again.I am sure you will be able to get her bak into sleepinh through once she is better!

As for me,I think it's more frustrating because she has always been a very good sleeper.She WAS sleeoing through the night excet waking once to nurse (which was fine with me) until like i said baout 6-8 weeks ago.Now she's up with what seems increasing frequency.I do think it may have something to do with her teeth now though,her poor little cheeks are SO red today!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:20 pm

well,last night wasn't as bad as the night before.

she went down at 7:30 woke at;
-10:30
-1:30
-4:30
-7:30 for the day
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:23 am

Every 3 hours is so rough Angel, I am sorry honey. Hopefully it is her teeth and this will pass very soon!!!!!!!! We are here for you!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4