Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Share your political views EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Share your political views EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Share your political views EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Share your political views EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Share your political views EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Share your political views EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Share your political views EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Share your political views EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Share your political views EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Share your political views Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Share your political views

+9
Toffee
BethG
dolly's momma
sparkles
Lou Lou
Helen
Angel
24Penguins
Lily*Blossom
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Share your political views Empty Share your political views

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:43 pm

This could get heated. I am a pure blooded libertarian, although I will vote Republican to keep Obama out. Here is why: I don't want someone who's plan is 800 billion dollars in new spending for the government, when we are already 15 trillion dollars in debt. I also don't think that all of America should be subject to the same healthcare system. Each state is to diverse and too economically different to have an identical system. If people really want healthcare for all, they should look at how Mitt Romney did things in Massachusetts. It should be based on each state individually.

I also really don't care for John McCain, I don't agree with his environmental views. However, he seems to be the lesser of two evils.

I also think that carbon dioxide driven, man made global warming is BULLCRAP. If anyone wants to know why watch this, it will open your eyes.

There are some serious issues going on in the world today, and we need to consider all possibilities, not just one sided b.s hysteria we hear on t.v.

As mother's and father's, we have a huge responsibility to be involved in choosing leaders that will shape our children's futures. We owe it to ourselves, and to our posterity to make educated decisions on whether or not to believe things until we have heard both sides of the story, and considered all possibilities.

I also urge you if you are not a registered voter, to become one. I also urge you to watch the presidential debates, do your research on your possible future political leaders.

P.S. I think Sarah Palin rocks, and I sincerely hope John McCain dies of old age and she takes over as president, should John McCain win this election of course.

Oh, and I have a strong hunch that Joe Biden will suddenly step down as vice presidential candidate due to a "rumored" underlying health issue, and Hillary Clinton will step in.

God forbid.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Share your political views Empty Re: Share your political views

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:44 pm

i dont really follow politics at all, so i have almost nothing to say on the subject other than i hope Obama stays out of the white house!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I am all about recycling and reducing and re-using, not littering, making an honest effort to clean up our planet. However it does piss me off when billions of dollars are thrown away to study moss in some random forest, get my drift??

I also think that certain strikes were necessary in the Middle East, and I support my troops, but think that we should start to withdraw in a timely and organized fashion.

We also need to DRILL OUR OWN FREAKING OIL! WE PURCHASED ALASKA FOR JUST THAT PURPOSE, tree huggers STEP ASIDE!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Glad to hear you are anti-Obama!! Smile/happy

What are your reasons for not wanting him in the Whitehouse???
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 pm

among many other reasons, i think that an american president should not have only been born in america, i believe they should have been raised here, not in another country.

he refuses to wear the american flag pin on his shirt

he refused to put his hand over his heart while reciting the pledge of allegiance (sp?)

he talks alot, but seems to be able to talk all day long about nothing, very good at skipping over the main point. i mean, yes we need someone who is literate, but i think they should be able to explain their point, where he is just good at making nothing sound like something! lol, did that make sense?

i think he is full of empty promises
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:06 pm

THANK YOU!!! I am so glad I am not the only one who sees this!! He's a smooth talker, uses the word "Change" far too much. WHAT IS THE FREAKING CHANGE??? People blame Bush and the war for our economy today, but if you watch this video here.... you can blame the Clinton Administration for not putting more regulations on Fannie Mae.

I am not against someone being president who wasn't raised in this country, some of the early father's of our country came from England, but were the biggest patriots I know. However, Obama is not one of those respected patriots I love.

He has no first hand experience with National Security, and all of his plans for reform?? WHERE IS THE MONEY GONNA COME FROM???

I am against the bail out bill, I think we need to let the economy stabilize on it's own, as they want to keep house prices at an artificially high cost to try and improve the market, which won't help things in the long run.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:30 pm

My hubby is anti Obama too,I am largely confised by it all probably coz it bores me to death and I cant concentrate on it,also if it were up to me,I would buy my own island,biuld own houses with solar and wind power (underground cooling system,the island would have to have a waterfall for fresh water,we would grow our own food n mabe take trip to the mailand for a change.I think we are screwed either way...

HOWever,I am worried that this topic might get out of hand?Someone once told me that the rules for a peacful society are simple ; "no political,racial or religious discussions" What do you guys think?I guess we'll see if this thread gets out of hand or not! LOL! If it does we may have to switch topics or quietly move this one to the library! LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21313
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Oh and I just have to say... "fanny mae?" a BANK name? Do you guys KNOW what 'fanny' means in England? shock
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:33 pm

tushy? lol!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:46 pm

I will be nice for sure, Angel, no worries. I just thought that it would be cool for people to state their views, but I don't plan on being mean or forcing my views on others. I'll be diplomatic, I promise Smile/happy

Angel, I too wish I could have my own island, run things my way, keep political corruption out of my life.

P.S. I know what Fanny means, ha ha. Here in the states it means butt, in the U.K. it means well, I'll be blunt.... a vagina Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:47 pm

LOL! did not know that! hehehe.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:54 pm

At the risk of hijacking my own thread, I will state that my nickname growing up was Fanny, it was derived from the last letters of my first name....Tiffany.

Also when I was living in the UK I said really loudly to my husband once while waiting for the bus, " I am freezing my fanny off!"

This was before I knew that Fanny had a different meaning than butt, which is what I grew up hearing. My mom would say," Be good or I'll paddle your fanny!"

She of course meant butt! I told her that if she tried to say that to her kid in the UK, she'd be in trouble with social services!!! lol.

OK, hopefully people can see that I want to keep this thread light hearted, while still stating our views! Smile/happy

xxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Princess_Longbottom wrote:At the risk of hijacking my own thread, I will state that my nickname growing up was Fanny, it was derived from the last letters of my first name....Tiffany.

Also when I was living in the UK I said really loudly to my husband once while waiting for the bus, " I am freezing my fanny off!"

This was before I knew that Fanny had a different meaning than butt, which is what I grew up hearing. My mom would say," Be good or I'll paddle your fanny!"

She of course meant butt! I told her that if she tried to say that to her kid in the UK, she'd be in trouble with social services!!! lol.

OK, hopefully people can see that I want to keep this thread light hearted, while still stating our views! Smile/happy

xxx

LMAO,yes Tiff I can see your fanny faux pas might have caused some heads to turn in the UK LOL!

Also when I said about the thread maybe gettin a little heated,I did not mean you at all,I know you are tactful,in fact I wasnt aiming at anyone in particular,but I haveseen these discussions get out of hand before.Just pointing it out in case! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:31 pm

I know you didn't mean me Angel love !! Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:42 am

I am not political at all lol, I am all for going green, recycling and reducing pollution etc, but when it comes to goverment etc I really don't follow. I guess I just don't understand half of whats going on !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17659
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:45 am

It's so refreshing to talk about something other than poop!!!!

I am a republican but I am not a huge fan of McCain. I do think that Sarah Palin is just what the party needs to re energize it. She may not know as much about foreign policy, etc but she is quiet smart, determined and highly motivated. I think she can be brought up to speed pretty quickly. Just look at what she has learned in 5 weeks!

I don't support Obama. I don't think he has the experience either but the difference between him and Palin is that he THINKS he knows what he's doing!!! Just because someone can obtain rock star status for being different doesn't mean he's qualified to run our country. He keeps talking about change but he doesn't actually tell us what the changes are!

This may very well be the most important election of our lives!!!!!!!!!! I'm obsessed with politics right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, Tiff!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Lou Lou wrote:It's so refreshing to talk about something other than poop!!!!

I am laughing so hard right now Smile/happy That's why I started this thread. Although I think that todays politicians are very like poo, they stink!!!! Smile/happy

Sarah Palin kicked butt last night. She was real, and honest, and didn't act like she knew it all. That was fabulous.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:56 pm

Princess_Longbottom wrote:Although I think that todays politicians are very like poo, they stink!!!! Smile/happy

LOL!!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:54 pm

lol i like reading this, i am obviously not in the USA but we get alot of your election stuff on the news!!
When is your election?
Can your presidents only stay in office for 4 years max?? is that why Bushis going?
Does anyone like Bush?

Last edited by sparkles on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19572

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:25 pm

sparkles, to answer your question, a person can actually serve 2 consecutive terms of 4 years, totaling 8 years. I think they could actually be President more than once but not more than 8 years in row but no one has ever done it. (You other Americans, correct me if I'm wrong about that.)

A lot of people don't like Bush. I personally don't think he is a bad guy. His administration has made mistakes but ALL presidents make mistakes! The war is very unpopular but I truly believe he did what he thought was best for our country.

Having said that, I think I will always vote for the person that really has our country's best interest at heart.... whether they are Republican or Democrat doesn't really make all that big of a difference for me.

Tiff - I thought Sarah did a good job too. She was down to earth, sincere, funny and above all - informed.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:16 am

Princess_Longbottom wrote:This could get heated. I am a pure blooded libertarian, although I will vote Republican to keep Obama out. I also really don't care for John McCain. However, he seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Oh, and I have a strong hunch that Joe Biden will suddenly step down as vice presidential candidate due to a "rumored" underlying health issue, and Hillary Clinton will step in.

God forbid.

I almost could have typed most of that! That is how I feel about Obama and McCain. I am a republican only because the libertarians have no chance of winning. But for about 3 elections now it seems like our choice has always been the lesser of two evils instead of the best for us. I wish congressmen would not be allowed to run for president, I think they are all too corrupted already by being in the legislature kissing up to special interests. I think you are right about HC - that is the only reason I can figure that Bill is suddenly playing so nice-nice towards Obama. And has anyone ever stopped to think that Nancy Pelosi is only 2 heartbeats away from the presidency? That thought scares the crap out of me. Can we say crap here? Anyways too bad cause I actually like Joe Biden more than I like Hillary or Obama.

I am on another message board with a bunch of rabid democrats. No offense to Democrats in general, but when all you do is make the same retorical snide comments over and over before too nobody is going to listen to you any more. They have been ripping Palin apart today. And it is all stupid stuff from her smile to her wink to her voice. I thought for having to debate someone with 30 years of experience in the legislature who is also a lawyer Palin did more than hold her own. The funny thing is the more they cut her to pieces on that other board for irrelevant dumb stuff the more I like her. They bemoan she is only a govenor, while forgetting their beloved Bill Clinton was also just a govenor.

To whoever asked the question about Bush - I respect the man. I do think he is in over his head, and he had some bad advisors. I really did not want him for a second term, but again the alternative was a worse choice. But I also think the legislative branch is to blame for alot of our problems - I think the presidents' role in alot of the things that are wrong is somewhat limited. To listen to them on that other board they think Bush is a raving idiot, but on the other hand accuse him of being responsible for everything except the weather. It scares me to think of how much power they seem to think he has. Again I think the legislature and political game playing is to blame for alot of the mess we are dealing with.

I was reading an article about how the mortgage crisis is actually traced back to attitude in policy shifts made clear back when Jimmy Carter was in office.

And oh yeah, to be totally politically correct you have to say ''global climate change'' instead of global warming cause they had too many critics pointing out we are in a cooling cycle, not a warming trend. Apparantly we are to blame for whatever the climate wants to do. And Al Gore sits back in his palatial estate and laughs all the way to the bank with the profits from his carbon credit investments.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18386
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:33 am

I have read all of this and am so confused lol, I don't understand ANY of it :(
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17659
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 am

lol, at least your in the UK, i live in america, and i dont understand the half of it!!! LOL.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 am

Ya, it can get very confusing, the U.S. system is totally different than in the U.K. To be honest, I found the U.K. system extremely confusing, but my DH explained it all, and it started to make better sense Smile/happy

Dolly's Mama, I totally agree with you. I am so sick of hearing the same old b.s, and not hearing someone address the real issues.

P.S. I love Glenn Beck, I think he should be president Smile/happy For those of you whou share my political beliefs, I recommend watching his show on CNN. He;s great, and I also enjoyed his book titled:
"An Inconvenient Book. "
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:50 am

AMEN, Dolly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture