Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Share your political views - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Share your political views - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Share your political views

+9
Toffee
BethG
dolly's momma
sparkles
Lou Lou
Helen
Angel
24Penguins
Lily*Blossom
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Share your political views - Page 2 Empty Re: Share your political views

Post  Guest Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 pm

I just have to say, I'm all for McCain/Palin! I just feel there's something really shady about Obama...ok, ALOT of things really shady about Obama and I don't think as a country that he should be trusted. Plus....I think experience should mean SOMETHING when it comes to choosing a president. I just dont think Obama has it.

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:13 pm

I have always voted Republican in Presidential elections but will not do so this election. Senator McCain's views on the war in Iraq and also his soft stance (IMO) on illegal immigration are two of my issues with him.

I am not an Obama supporter either but will reluctantly cast my ballot for him.

Hubby says "well the white man has screwed up this country for years, it's time to let the black man have a chance!" Please, that's not meant as a racist comment so I hope nobody takes it that way.

Here's a prediction of mine.....whatever party wins Indiana's governor race will win the presidential race here. Indiana is one of those swing-states right now. Traditionally the state goes Republican. We currently have a Republican governor (1st term) up for re-election. But he was elected after quite a few terms of Democratic governors. Well, Indiana's governor is not a particularly popular one, probably more unpopular in my part of the state though. But, the Democratic female candidate turns off a lot of people as well.....a similar situation to the McCain or Obama choice. I just have a hunch that if we re-elect our governor, McCain will win here. If we elect the silly woman who's running, Obama will win here. I'm still undecided on the governor's race -- can't decide who I dislike more.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22728
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:20 pm

Oh, another answer for sparkles's question regarding terms of US presidents.

Yes, presidents are now limited to two consecutive terms. Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected to FOUR consecutive terms. He died will in office during his 4th term. A couple of years after FDR's death, the 22nd Amendment to the US Constituion was ratified, limiting presidential terms to two consecutive terms.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I think we should amend the constitution again and limit the terms of congress too. We would all be better off to get rid of the lifetime politicos and keep fresh blood moving thru the legislature.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18437
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:59 pm

I agree with you, dolly's momma.....problem is, the proposed amendment would have to get through Congress! Like they're gonna cut their own throats......lol.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:29 pm

Beth - you bring up a good point.....
When we don't like "our" party's candidate should we automatically vote for the other party's candidate?!!! I've have always struggled with this!

I don't like McCain's stance on immigration either. I don't have a problem with people moving to our country as long as they do it LEGALLY - I don't know what the solution to it is but just making every one legal because they are already here doesn't fly with me. We have got to have stricter regulations on this.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20313
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Lou lou, I agree. Total amnesty is NOT the answer. My husband thinks all illegals should be shipped back, even the US born kids of illegals, construct a fence at the Mexico/US border, and shoot on sight, ask questions later. Ok, whatever, lol, I'm not that radical!

I never gave illegal immigration much though until one of our clients was killed in a terrible auto accident. The other driver, who caused the accident, disregarded traffic laws, did not have insurance, did not have a driver's license, was here illegally, and he fled the scene. He was convicted of manslaughter (I think -- definitely convicted of something) so now he's costing us still more money while he's in prison. If he hadn't been allowed in this country, maybe this wonderful woman -- wife, mother, grandmother, community volunteer -- would still be alive.

Ok, I get on a soapbox every now and then....sorry!

But, voting for the "other" party....geez, doesn't it always seem like you're trying to choose not the best candidate but the lesser of two evils? I ALWAYS vote split ticket. Hubby (who only started voting a few years ago) simply does not vote for every office. He'll probably vote for President/VP and our next governor and that's it.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:07 pm

I know! I had to serve jury duty two years ago for a murder case. The man on trial was her illegally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed a whole week of work and on the last day of the first week he pleaded guilty to avoid a trial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And now, my taxes pay for his meals everyday! Ugh! I could go on and on.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Well,immigration is a subject of great interest to me as I am at the moment an immigrant.grantd I entered legally,have not taken any jobs or money from the country,I have however outstayed my visa.I am currently emplying the services of lawyers to help me get through this as our situation is complicated.Anyway,something could happen that concerns me and my son depending on what goes on.

I first liked Obama,then realized he is indeed a smooth talker but when put under preasure,he tends to real out lots of large words that seem to be repeated over and over until everyone is confused...He is one of 3 people I have heard speak in my lifetime who can speak for 5 minutes without really saying anything at all...Allow me to demonstrate;

Random person:" Hey Angel,where do you see yourself in 5 years time?"

Angel ; " Well,I would like to say that one can only speculate as to where they will be at any given time,although I have plans it is hard to be specific about one particular year/time in ones lifes.Taking into account all the relevent factors in life and making a decision based on all this is something I contemplate on regular bassis however I have no conrete intentions as I mentioned before,there are an awful lot of elements to this equasion that could ,at anytime sway my decision to be where I orriginally thought I would want to be,all in all I have a plan,I will stick to it as well as I can within reaosn,allowing for change here and there and staying within the rehlms of possibility.

OK,this was a short example.I never answered the question with a concise,direct and clear answer,although to some "less educated peope" (namely 90% of the population) they will glaze over with boredom after the frst sentence only picking up on key words like "change,direction,success,for the people" and things like this,which sound appealing.I myself,get lost when people use too many long words and it annoys me when people do it diliberatly to avoid a question.Anyway,it just seem like he does this with a great deal of dignity and has a lot of respect.and I am going to come out and say it.I DO think there is a GREAT deal of racial influence here for the voters...I have seen SO much on TV ,interviews with random members of the public.

Another thing that terrifies me,is the amount of votes being tampered with.Is there even a guarentee that your vote will be counted?I guess we'll never know.

Either way,I agree with SOME of mccains policies and some of Obamas,I think though in the long run,Obama has GREAT ideas,however,he has an unrealistic idea of how things will be if and when he tried to put them in place.As for retracting the troops in iraque.I am not for war and hate it ALL,however,hubyb pointed out something to me when I said this.He said,IF all the US troops are pulled from Iraque,Iran is sitting there WAITING,as is RUssia and many other contries who hate Iraque and have/want nuclear wepons,If and WHEN the US troops are taken out,they will just let go on each other and possiblyuse neclaer/chemical warfare and the world would be a free fire zone.

I KNOW hubby is right when he said Obamas views of going in and "talking" the problem out over there is NOT gonna work,I mean please,if talking did shit,we'd all be living in the caribbean on yachts now!

Anyway,I have my views and for the most part I keep them to myself but I also look forward to next tuesday with fear and curiosity.Hubby sais (IN total seriousness) that if Obama gets elected,we ae leaving the country!He is NOT agreement with this shared wealth crap,neither am I.He ALREADY pays a crap load of taxes,medicade,medicare,state and federal.He earns GREAT money,but why should he share it and have it spent for him.US choosing to give to a charity of our choice is one thing,it being taken from us and put wherever anyone decides is another.It's hardly bareable now and if Obama gets his way,it will increase and we will be barely scraping by why people (and some people DO) take advantage.

I don't think sick/handicapped/otherwise incapable people should have to struggle,nor do I think kids should HOWEVER,I grew up being DIRT poor,it sucked,but here I am today,so we ate STEW pretty much every week,we bought stuff from discount stores,NEVER went on vacation,wore hand me down clothes,got made fun of.I survived,as long as your eating/not on the streets,each to their own.No one helped us I think it gives you more incentive to make something of your life,be it money or whatever else,education is free for the first part.I agree with scolarships to exceptional students who are SERIOUS about getting far and impriving their lifes.I do NOT agree with people having 12 kids to sit on their ass and get welfare checks.I have actually HEARD someone say to another that they should have 2 more kids and they would get more than 'minimum wage equivalent each year".

These are the people who I don't think desevre help and 'our' hard earned money.We should be able to buy ourselves the nice stuff that we couldnt afford when we were yonger.Not give it up to others.I know you cannot lump everyone into the same category and like I said,some people are deserving of help.We ALREADY pay MORe than enough federal taxes in this country for this purpous.Some knowledge that is little known.There is over 33 BILION dollars in "unaccountable adjustments" each year (this means money is "missing or unaccounted for) I do not trust the government.Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but honestly.THEY control US right now,Its not a peoples government,it's a sinister threatening shaddow overhaning every honest tax payers life right now in this so called 'land of the free'.

America is a beautiful country,I just wish it was what they SAY it is.If it was;t for my hubby I wouldnt be here,if it continues,it's unlikely that we will be here much longer.I don't however know where we would go,maybe France...I dont know!Anyway....I am sorry for ranting and I hope I have not offended anyone...a LOT depends on what happens next week,in my life,your lives and the rest of the world as well.I would not want the job of president myself and am a little afraid for who does it.This place is deffinatley screwed up financially and money DOES (sadly) make the world go round.

I am crossing my fingers that WHoever wins,can and does fix it!I would like to stay and have my own business one day!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21364
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:49 pm

I was listening to what Obama has been saying about economic policies. It is a load of crap. Today he said that his Economic Plan is identical to Bill Clinton's, to create prosperity and strengthen the economy today. He said that Senator McCain's Economic Plan is identical to George Bush's.

DUDE. Bill Clinton's policy was founded completely on DEBT. It started a downward spiral, and unfortunately, I believe George Bush was elected when this downward spiral had begun, and is blamed for a lot of what Clinton actually started.

I am not saying that George Bush hasn't contributed MASSIVELY to this debt. But he isn't responsible for the start of it, that's for sure.

I am sorry, but Obama has a lot of ideas that just aren't going to be carried out, because they are unrealistic, and he just doesn't realize it.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20922

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:55 pm

well said Angel!

It's interesting to me to see your point of view because you are not from the US.
I also know you are working very hard to be in the US legally - Beth and I are talking about all the people that come here in the night or hidden away in trucks and vans.... I think any one that wants to live in the US has the right to as long as they do so lawfully!
I think Obama is an eloquent speaker but I think it ends there. I have to vote for someone that can lead us out of this war and someone that is a true patriot. Obama's rock star status bothers me. Presidents often have to make unpopular choices and I think Obama is too wrapped up in the hype. I think he wants to President for himself and I think McCain genuinely wants to be President because he believes he can help our country.
I must admit, I'm nervous about what's going to happen next week! I just keep praying for our candidates (on both sides) and pray that whoever wins will do their very best to lead and help this country!
Tiff - I agree w/ you too. I mean, come one guys, have we all forgotten that Clinton let Osama bin Laden get away!? George Bush went into office with a huge mess to clean up. I'm not saying Bush hasn't made his own mess but he didn't do it all alone!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:01 pm

I also just wanted to say, that I am not sure what to do about the illegal immigrants. Angel, I don't think you are in the category of illegal immigrant, as you got your visa, and came over legally, and are working on your status change.

I don't think we can just send them all back to Mexico, because there are children that were born here, that shouldn't have to go back to total poverty, because of their parent's bad judgement in coming to the states illegally. HOWEVER..... I think that if we do legalize everybody who is already here, we need to make way stricter laws, and harsher punishment for those who enter illegally. Also, if we do legalize illegals who are already here, they should be made to pay a fee through garnished wages in order to remain here, and they should only have a certain amount of time to pay it off. I think they should get work permits, but NO citizenship eligibility until this fee is paid. I also think that we need to stop catering to them, this is America, we speak English here, and nobody should be allowed to have citizenship unless they can speak and read English to at least a 6th grade level. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I hate going to the store, and seeing everything written in Spanish and English. I don't get to go to Hungary or Mexico, and see everything written in English.

Once the decision is made to grant amnesty to illegals who are here now (if that's what they decide to do), there need to be some massive laws put in place to stop illegal immigration. Also, I think that illegals should be immediately returned to Mexico by police who may pull them over for such things as minor traffic violations. Right now, the police don't have such power, they have to let them go. Police need more powers to immediately start the process of sending illegals back to Mexico or whatever country they are originally from.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:07 pm

yes! yes! yes!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Princess for President!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:30 pm

Aww,I hate to highjack Tiff,but I have to add something here about the language thing.

When I moved to France, (I was 12) I was thrown in at the deep end at school.spoke NO french,but I learend,then as the ENglish communities grew over there,they began staying to themselves.It made me so angry when they were there in the French market,shouting loudly in English,criticising the French and staying off to themselves,refusing to learn.I was embaressed to be English.They started Cricket clubs,tea rooms,even an English newspaper.I was SO fuming mad with them all for not even TRYING and then going into a shop and being all "YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?"

If you are visiting some place,fair enough,if you intend to move somewherre with your whole family/life AT LEAST learn the bassics...It offends me greatly when a culture moves to another country and tries to enforce their Language,religion,culture on the one they move to.This creates isolation/differences "US and "them" and this in turn creates hostility.

I totally agree,everyone should be allowed to live anywhere and havinfg been on the "Other end" I know it's not so easy to just "come here legally" and "I" married a citizen and entered lagally.I have a baby BY an american who is NOW an american,yet I STILL have to pay nealry 3 K in filing/medical fee's ,go to Virginia and maybe CHarolotte (5 hour drive) for my immigration meetings,serval times,jump through hoops and THEN only MAYBE do they say "Ok you can stay here" after all that they could still say no.Its a hard ,long drawn out process.But I like everyone else (and fair enough) have to go through this all JUST to be able to be allowed to stay here/work here and NOT be illegal.I am not applying for citizenship,just to be allowed to stay here (it's called an adjustment of status)

Anyway...just had to add those points
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:42 pm

You know, even when we went to Italy a few years ago we tried VERY hard to learn and speak the language. We would get our little language book out and figure out what we were going to say in stores/restaurants before going in. Because we tried so hard, most of the Italians would either help us speak or talk to us in English!

That's all I'm asking for from the immigrants in this country!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:55 pm

EXACTLY ..if you try and make an effort,people meet you half way and help you.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Aw, I hear ya, Angel. I can totally relate to you having moved to France and not knowing the language and all.

I don't think that anyone should be asked to give up their cultures at all, and we should have patience with people who have only just moved here legally, as far as the language barrier goes. I do feel though, that those who don't speak English, and plan on living here on the long term, should have to learn the language to receive citizenship. I think putting things up in spanish only encourages them to segregate them selves, and make it easier for illegals to come here, if that makes sense.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Since I know very little of the elections in the US (it is on the news, but I'm easily confused lol). I will just comment on the global warming thing. I don't know to what extent it is used politically here, as the UK government doesn't do enough in my eyes to help save energy (global warming or not, we are wasting it). Part of me thinks that many of those who don't think there is such a thing, are just in denial, because they don't want it to be true. Now, I'm not disagreeing that the man made pollution may not be all to blame, but I do think it must have something to do with it.

It is confusing though, I'm not a scientist so I have no idea. When we look back to the industrial revolution in the UK, factories produced tons of pollution. That did affect health, but I'm not sure of how it affected the environment. I disagree that it's used as a political campaign (in the UK, not US), as the party that wants to change the way we use energy, the green party, will never win. They never come close. The parties don't say much about what they intend to do, even if they do, people don't believe them. After all, most parties bull sh*t their way through elections.

Anyway, regardless of whether global warming is real/man made or not. We need to make an effort, we need to recycle and not put sh*t in the sea, think of the poor creatures.

Has the planet really changed dramatically before? Have animals been in such danger? Has Britain had so much rain before? Has Australia had so much draught before? Yes they may have, but did ALL these things happen at the same time, like they are now?
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 18022
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Angel, I won't pretend to understand what it's like to be in your shoes, but I certainly sympathize about your legal status in the US. It's not people like you who are part of the problem-- you entered here legally and want to stay, so what do we do, Make It Hard on You! WTF? But the ones who come here illegally, what the heck, stay awhile and drain our social services. Grrrrr! It makes me so mad sometimes! Tiff, I like your plan....it's like something I've been thinking about. I might be a bit more strict on the amnesty thing though.

Campaign promises are just rhetoric and fluff. It take a freakin' act of Congress to do anything! So the candidates can say they're going to do this and that, but who knows if it'll happen? Remember Bill Clinton's national healthcare plan? yeah, right.

I don't agree with McCain's Iraq war policy, but neither do I agree with Obama's withdrawal within 90 days. As always, the answer is somewhere in the middle. I talk to my boss quite a bit about politics and such; he's pretty knowledgeable. Anyway, just like an act of Congress for other stuff, anything regarding the troops in Iraq has to be approved (I don't think I'm wrong) by the Joint Chiefs of Staff....and they're not going to approve Obama's plan of troop withdrawal that quickly, but they might support McCain's policy. Makes me feel better about casting my vote for Obama.

But I respect everyone's opinions and am enjoying reading the different points of view.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:23 pm

I have an American girlfriend living in the Netherlands. She now has dual citizenship. She couldn't get a job or apply for citizenship until she passed a language test, so she studied Dutch!

Other countries can do it, why can't the United States?

BTW: I was quite happy when my girlfriend said she was going to retain her US citizenship....I was going to be quite upset if she didn't. Fortunately she felt the same way!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:38 pm

I am also really enjoying reading everyone's views here.i keep hitting refresh!LOL!

I agree Bethy,it's a wonderful idea.I mean,I don't think the bar should be set TOO high in order to JUST get in,to learna language is easier for some than others,scientific fact.Luckily for me at the time i was young and I am good with languages! I learnt French pretty much fluently in 9 months!I have been here in the states about 18months and I still can't speak american LOL (joke) As my hubby sais about the english language///"Made in England,...destryed in America!" LOL... Ya'll! and All Y'all! hehe
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Toffee wrote:Anyway, regardless of whether global warming is real/man made or not. We need to make an effort, we need to recycle and not put sh*t in the sea, think of the poor creatures.

Has the planet really changed dramatically before? Have animals been in such danger? Has Britain had so much rain before? Has Australia had so much draught before? Yes they may have, but did ALL these things happen at the same time, like they are now?

Animals have not been put in danger as they are now in danger from the carelessness and pollution of humans.

The planet has changed dramatically before, we had the ice age, and such. The planet has always naturally warmed and cooled over the centuries. In the 70's they were telling everyone that we were in a global cooling crisis. I was reading the economist a few years back, and they were actually telling people not to plant as many trees, because leaves from fallen trees are one of the largest carbon emitters.

So are we warming or cooling? It's like, what should be panic about next?

People only account for less than 1 percent of all carbon emissions on the earth.

I don't want to even start arguing about my views on global warming.... there are SO many things that disprove human driven global warming, it's insane.

However, I agree that we need to decrease pollution, stop littering, ect. I don't like carelessness.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:20 pm

I am voting for Obama. I do agree that he is inexperienced in foreign policies. He did come back and say that there would have to be a "phase out" plan for our troops overseas. I'm a veteran. While I did not serve over there in Iraq or any other country fighting, I know of some who were sent. Some joined the military wanting to go "fight", others joined for other reasons. But it doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling to know you're fighting someone else's war, when many of them don't even want you there, and even shoot at you. We talked about this while I was in the military. We often said that if we were fighting here, or even felt like we were fighting "a war for the US" it would make a huge difference.

Also, health care. McCain wants there to be private insurance. In a perfect world, insurance companies would offer competitive rates, and we as consumers would pay great premiums for great packages. But, we don't live in a perfect world. What's going to happen is, insurance companies are going to charge out the butt for insurance, and we as consumers are going to have to pay it because we have families, no matter how much it costs, and our employers won't have to offset any of it. Now, I do understand that with Obama, there is the risk of more government involvement. That can is giving a lot of power to a government who can jack us over, better yet, who has jacked us over. Well, I'm willing to take that risk with Obama.

Taxes: I'm not rich. I'm nowhere close to it, I'm nowhere close to "well off" either. Obama's tax plan seems to want to "level" the playing field and "stick" it to the more affluent for lack of a better phrase. Sorry, but I'm all for it. He seems like he's looking out for the "average joe", and that's the category that I fall under. McCain seems to cater to a different category, a category that I'm not in.

I really don't care about they VP's. I know that I should, since McCain is old as dirt(sorry, but as a president, he is). But, recent history shows us that we haven't really "needed" them as critically as in the distant past.

These comments are just my comments base upon my limited knowledge, research, and understanding of the 2008 election politics. Confused
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19470
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:46 am

Cherry - thanks for sharing your opinion! I think I get caught up in what "I" think is best and I often forget that there is another candidate out there!

Well, it wont be long now before a decision is made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next