Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Can i rant for a moment? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Can i rant for a moment? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Can i rant for a moment? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Can i rant for a moment?

+9
Lily*Blossom
Ginny
Georgi
galaxy
Mum of jj
Lou Lou
Gutter
Toffee
24Penguins
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can i rant for a moment? Empty Can i rant for a moment?

Post  24Penguins Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:11 pm

ARGH! there is this girl i know, she is charles friends wife. i try to be nice to her and all, but shes just so stuck up! i can totally get over that too, since i dont see her that often. Their daughter is 8 months and 2 weeks old. so kaydance has got about 3 1/2 months on her. but still, their daughter is VERY advanced.

So, today she tells me that Shelby (their daughter) is walking! i was shocked! and so proud for her, i told her to that she should be so proud and how cool that is. i mean i made a big deal out of it (and yeah, it IS a big deal! LOL!) Shelby seems to have been very advanced since birth and ive always commented on how bright their little girl is.

The part that has been bothering me so much is that she acts like what shelby does is just completely natural and normal, and says things like "so do you think kaydance might walk someday??" and im like WTF? yes she will walk when shes ready. just cause you have little super baby that stood on her own at 8 months and walked on her own at 8.5 months doesnt mean that kaydance is slow not walking at 12 months. thats normal!! i didnt walk till i was 13 months. ARGH! Oh and when i try to compliment her daughter on being so bright, like oh wow, she got that down quick (when she learned to wave, at like 6 months of age), kaydance just learned that recently too! she tell me "well you just have to work with them, i mean i sit and teach shelby something new every day. as long as you make the time and effort they can learn anything" OMG! what does she think i just shove kaydance in a corner and say, let me know when youve learned something new??? GURRRR!

she doesnt comment on the fact that Kaydance says about 10 words, where her little einstein is yet to spout out a single one....

ok im sorry, i mean i know every mom is just so proud of their kids, and is biased since they love their children so, but damn does she have to make me feel bad for a having a child that is developing at a NORMAL pace?!?!?!

i just wanted to cry today when this all happened. i dont think i will be seeing her again.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Can i rant for a moment? Empty Re: Can i rant for a moment?

Post  Toffee Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm

awwww Cry

I hate women like that! And trust me they aren't good mums, their children will grow to be smothered and spoilt! (my dad is an example). Some one else was telling me that their friend had a baby and said to this girl "do u really think you'll b a good mum?!" that's SO harsh. What is wrong with some women!!!
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 17971

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:01 pm

A smell a little someone familiar "hint hint" who loves to brag....but yeah Nika don't you worry. I never once tried to help Audrey walk, she did it when she was ready, nothing wrong with that. I know a friend of ours, her son is 1 week younger then Audrey and his top teeth came in earlier then Audrey and he was standing on his own earlier then Audrey. Thank goodness we don't live close by, because I would go absolutely nuts being near a super child for everything.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

LMAO gutter, it took me a minute but i know who your talking about now Wink

thanks guys. she just bothered me today. oh well. she didnt even show up to kaydances birthday party either lol! not really a good friend.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:14 pm

I FREAKIN HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!! DON'T THEY KNOW THAT BABIES DEVELOP AT THEIR OWN PACE!!!!!!
I HAVE A FRIEND THAT DOES THAT TOO. SHE EVEN DID IT WHEN WE WERE PREGNANT!!!!! IF I FELT MY BABY MOVE ONCE AN HOUR SHE FELT HERS TWICE..... AND SO ON!!!! SHEESH!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:00 am

Nika, I know how upset it can be when other people do that, its like they all think its a competition, but hunny as long as your baby girl is happy and content you are doing everything right! I have seen mothers push and push and later on as the kids have got older they have rebelled big time, we live in a small town and those kids yes they were advanced but i look at them now and they have a lot of growing up to do. why cant some mothers just let their kids be kids. Jesse walked at 16 months, with kieran im not gonna encourage it, im not even encouraging crawling! ill let him figure it out,
You are an awesome mummy Nika, dont ever let anyone tell you otherwise! xoxox
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17604

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:45 pm

NIka, I so would have lost it with her. What a silly cow, saying do you think Kaydance will walk someday? You should have said, mmm no I think it's too late for that! I wonder if she would have got the message then. She obviously thinks that she is a much better parent because of what her daughter is doing. I can imagine if her daughter goes to college and gets qualifications, she will be one of these Moms to take the credit for everything. It sounds to me that Kaydance is way more advanced than her cognitively anyway, so the likelihood is that she will turn out to be more intelligent.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm

thanks guy, i know it doesnt mean anything, and i know kaydance is just fine, she just pisses me off! lol. but yeah, i think kaydance is more concerned with learning her mental abilities before her physical ones. oh man, i would type more but i still feel like crap lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 pm

24Penguins wrote:LMAO gutter, it took me a minute but i know who your talking about now Wink

hmmmmmmmmmm!!

I think it's very important to remember that for every skill a baby masters quickly there will be another skill they will take longer to learn and it's natural to talk about the positive thing's like what they are doing rather than what they aren't doing!

My niece had a baby 11 weeks before me and her amazing baby was saying Mumma and Da Da at 6 mths, crawling at 7 mths and cruising at 8 mths....both my niece and my SIL (her Mum) took great joy, literally smirking when telling me how advanced he was all the bloody time, I have got so annoyed by there constant egotistical attitudes and their dam right rudeness that I don't see them anymore. Yes, he is advanced and fair play, I think that is wonderful especially since his mother is out every weekend, drunk as a skunk and he is passed around like a hot potato.....(deep breath Georgi!!) it's not the fact that he is advanced for his age it is the way that they show off about it as my baby is SLOW or DUMB.....So what if Theo isn't doing all of those things yet, he is healthy and happy and to me those are the two most important things!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21366
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm

awwww Cry they sound horrible!!!

Theo is lovely, healthy and happy. Sod them!!!

Rich's parents were told when he was in primary school that he would never get any qualifications etc. Ha, how wrong could they be, he has a degree in physics and is undergoing his teacher training course!

Some people are idiots.
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 17971

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Georgi wrote:
24Penguins wrote:LMAO gutter, it took me a minute but i know who your talking about now Wink

hmmmmmmmmmm!!

lets just say she used to be a member here but left in a huff LOL!

Georgi wrote:it's not the fact that he is advanced for his age it is the way that they show off about it as my baby is SLOW or DUMB.....So what if Theo isn't doing all of those things yet, he is healthy and happy and to me those are the two most important things!!

and YES! this is exactly what i mean. kaydance isnt stupid or slow, i dont believe it but she makes it out like she is! and her baby is extremely advanced, good for her! but still that doesnt mean that all the milestones need to be changed just cause of her genius baby lol.

damn, i dont seem to be making any sense tonight, lol thatll teach me to try and make a point while im feverish.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Nika, you are making sense! We all completley understand what you are saying, i know this girl who is good friends with one of my besties, i dont have anything to do with her coz i hate her attitude, she acts like she is better than everyone else, always comparing other kids to her child etc. anyway there is only 3 weeks between her daughter and my friends daughter, my friends daughter being the elder one. What ever my friends daughter got for christmas this cow went and got the exact same thing for her daughters birthday which is 6 weeks after xmas. She is a pushy mother and because my friend put her daughter in a big girls bed this other girl went and put her daughter in a bed a few days later. She exagerates everything saying oh but my daughter done this this and this and nobody could ever be as good a mum as what she is!!! She has got her head up in the clouds, Anyway sorry thats off topic i just wanted to let you know that there is mums like that no matter where you look. At the end of the day we had babies to love and have our own family not to use them as a competive tool.

Thats what i love about this site, everyone is so understanding, there is no bitchiness and we are all supportive of each other and what our babies do! Its a shame there arnt poeple like all of you in my town! You are all more like true friends here unlike the plastic artifical ones i have here who only think of themselves!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17604

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:09 am

LMAO! :lol: I had a sneaky suspicion it might be that member!!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:56 am

I agree with all of you, it is very sickening to always hear about advanced babies!! I know that Thane said Dada at 6 months and JUST NOW says MAMA! At almost 1 year old! So many people I have told that were like 'REALLY!? My baby has been saying mama since he was born Smile/happy" Some of it is BS and some of it is exaggerated I think when they brag about their little Einsteins...but I also know that we are really proud of our babies no matter what!

I don't understand why people have to be rude!!! Like Georgi, you were saying Theo wasn't crawling yet...and that's PERFECTLY normal!! Some babies never crawl, some babies crawl for 1 week then walk, some babies are like Thane and decide "Hey I can get around pretty dang good like this! I'm gonna do it for almost 6 months Tongue" At times it seems like our babies are at a standstill then one morning you will wake up and they will wave bye bye to you, walk to the door, and reach up and say mama all at once! lol

I very much understand where everyone is coming from! I am worried about his language skills cuz he really doesn't say much at all and like i've stated several times JUST NOW said mama - but I THINK he knows who MAMA is cuz he will walk to me now and grab my legs crying and say "MAMA!" Smile/happy It melts my heart lemme tell you! I need to post a hilaroius video of him mad at me when I told him not to squish his peas...i'll do that later Smile/happy

But in all the milestones it says that babies his age should KNOW who mama and dada are and I am not entirely sure he knows who dada is - he just says it (And Georgi you KNOW what I mean!!! LMAO!!)

I better go before i get busted! XXXXXXX BYE EVERYBODY!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20104

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 pm

LMAO!! :lol:
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Nika.... WHAT THE HECK??? Why would she even ask that question... "Do you think Kaydance will walk some day?"

What an idiot. That's when you just want to say something like,"Do you think you might ever stop comparing what my kid can't do, to what your kid CAN DO, to make yourself feel better?"

RUDE. Don't even worry about it. Every kid is different. LM isn't even crawling properly yet at 9 months old, and she isn't even attempting to pull herself up on anything. She still gets all wobbly legged if I even stand her up. I don't even care. The longer they crawl, the better.

P.S. I knew EXACTLY who you meant Gutter when you mentioned someone who likes to brag Smile/happy

NIKA.... Kaydance is adorable, she's right on track, and don't you even think on what that stupid woman says for one minute! Some kids talk early, some kids walk early, some kids take their time with everything.

My mom's friend has 8 kids, and her smartest son who literally has a genius I.Q. didn't talk properly until he was 5 years old.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:51 pm

awww thanks tiff!!!

haha, you know what made me feel a little bit better today? i was venting to charles, i dont think he realized what she had said to make me so upset (oh and he got kinda pissed when i told him too, lol i think his exact words were "that stupid bitch, well shes not even a great mom, her mom keeps her kid 3 nights a week" LMAO!). But anyways, what made me feel a little better is that he told me that pretty much everyone hates her cause shes so stuck up, and apparently makes comments like that about EVERYONES kids but her own, and the only reason they are nice to her is cause everyone is good friends with her husband lol!

anyways, ive decided not to associate with her any more, she pissed me off to badly lol!

And what charles said is true. she has no idea what its like to be a real mom, ever since her precious little genious child was born and came home from the hospital, her mom has kept her at her house at least 2 nights a week. she gets to sleep in all the time, she makes her husband get up if the baby is ever up at night, she makes him change all the diapers, her mom takes them everywhere and buys her everything. shes like a glorified babysitter with bragging rights. I wish she knew how hard it really is sometimes, thats where the real gratification comes from!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:15 pm

This is off topic but every time Georgi replies (this is the first thread I went to) I am mesmerized by that cute tricycle with the adorable little boy on it lol. I love it, looks like he does too.

Back on topic, sounds like staying away from her is the best policy. I am sure my big mouth would eventually come up with some smart response despite my efforts to not say anything back at her.... That is really great that Charles sees and appreciates the difference in your good parenting from hers.

Lucy doesn't make any move towards crawling or any of that yet. no biggie to me. She has just gotten down rolling over, and when she wants to go somewhere (a couple feet) she rolls there lol.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18386
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:03 am

Aww hun !!! I can imagine thats very annoying !!!

Each and every child will do things at there own pace and in there own time !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17659

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:03 am

24Penguins wrote:shes like a glorified babysitter with bragging rights. I wish she knew how hard it really is sometimes, thats where the real gratification comes from!

LMAO, you did make me laugh, that describes someone I know! To tell you the truth, my sil, she does exactly the same with her children. That's why we get Noooo support because her mother/my mil is always taking care of her kids. It makes me so angry!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:23 am

lol thanks galaxy, its so true though! LOL! i would kill to go out on the town one night and sleep in the next morning just once!!! haha, she does it at least twice a week. oh well, at least my little girl knows who her mommy is and who takes care of her Smile/happy i wouldnt trade it for the world lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

I definately get where you are coming from now that you say that she barely even takes care of her own child. I knew a friend (well I shouldn't really call her that). She got pregnant in high school and after she gave birth to her baby girl, her boyfriend left her (with DF's ex girlfriend, long story, lol) and she had her mom and dad look after her daughter. She then left and went to college where she got a $20,000 student loan (she claimed her daughter on that and her social assistance, even though her daughter NEVER lived with her) and gave her parents $4000 of that to care for her child, like WTF!!!! So anyways almost 10 years later and she gave birth to a little boy about 2 years ago and I find it hard seeing her being a mom again (okay well I don't talk to her, just on FB and she doesn't even live anywhere near us), but it's so difficult to see her become a mom when obviously she's not responsible. Her plan back in the day when she was pregnant with her first child was to work social assistance by having kid AFTER kid and never having to work. Geeze I don't like people like that, that's bad!!! And her son lives with her and her boyfriend now, but what happens if he leaves her....

Oh and I also tried to report her fraud...growing up my mom was a single mom and lived on social assistance raising my sister and I, so I can see how this program is beneficial to some families....anyways they asked me what her address was (which I didn't know) and I just mentionned her name and they wouldn't do anything about it, well that sucks for them, I was just helping them out.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  petal4 Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 am

Hey all,

Well I know this is a fairly old thread now but thought I'd post here anyway!

I have a friend who had her baby girl on Nov 2nd and then I had my baby girl on Dec 22nd so I suppose that would make them a little under 2 months difference in age. Well my friends little girl "M" was always more advanced than my daughter "H". She would make a point of phoning me and saying "M is sitting unsupported now, whats H doing"? Of course H wouldn't be sitting alone yet because she was almost 2 months younger so I would just respond with "Well she's only 4 months old so she's still not really doing a lot yet". My friend never seemed to acknowledge the 2 month age gap and she continued to do this up until the girls were about 3 when we lost contact for a small time. I must admit, H was generally a little slower at reaching her milestones. M sat alone at 6 months, H was 7 months but I still got annoyed with the comparisons. Not because H was slower but because my friend made me feel like H was backwards or something.

Anyway fast forward, my friend and I met up again when the girls started school and guess what?? H was in higher sets at school than M. I didn't say anything to my friend, even though I wanted to make her feel how she'd made me feel. I didn't want to lower myself to her level.
We both now have baby boys, her boy "D" is 17 days older than my boy "E". E has reached all his milestones before D but still I don't say anything because there is nothing to say, all children develop at their own speeds and who knows, the tables could turn and D could end up more advanced than E. It all just seems to be a big game for some people to compare their children with others, but a LITTLE does come about naturally, even if you only think it in your own head. I only really do it through worry......E still has issues with eating, he's still eating baby food for the most part but we are getting there slowly and I still can't help sometimes envying parents who have it so easy with their little ones eating. Funnily enough, D is having exactly the same issues as E with eating.

Anyway, sorry for the essay! lol

Hayley x
petal4
petal4

Number of posts : 36
Loyalty Rating : 17127

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:30 am

awww hayley, thats a nice story though! and kudos to you for not rubbing it in her face, dont know if i could have resisited so well... lol!!!!

well, this girl, saw on my myspace page i was expecting #2 and left me a comment "OMG Nika another baby?!?! why didnt you tell me? i cant imagine, being pregnant sucks other than being all cute and getting to eat whatever you want"

i was like, omg i loved being pregnant!! and i didnt tell you cause im not talking to you! LOL! oh but i did get to mention that Kaydee took her first step!!! and i found out that her genius 8.5 month old baby that is "walking" has taken 3 steps on her own LOL! sorry. i know im being a bitch, but she drives me nuts. she says she cant imagine having another baby and she doesnt even take care of hers full time!!! heh, oh well.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  D4A Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm

You know what ladies

I hate these pushy mums. I havent forced Jasmin into anything. I think thats cruel and she will do it in her own time, without pressure in a safe and loving environment!!

I called a friend to invite her to jasmins party (we have a 6 months party in our culture) and jasmin had been sitting since 5.5 months, but no way crawling and still cant. She only just started to roll fully at 6 months and is now trying to get on her knees to crawl (shows that even motor skills are reached at different times for same child) she asked if jasmin was crawling yet. I said no not yet. She said she should be!!!! You hold her too much. My kids were jumping out of their cots at 6 months onto the adult bed and putting videos in the video player and watching them shock AT 6 MONTHS???? FUCKING LYING COW. Her kids all look like they have hyperactive disorder as they cant sit still anyway grrr.

Last edited by D4A on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
D4A
D4A

Number of posts : 36
Loyalty Rating : 17103
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next