Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

+14
MommaBear
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
galaxy
24Penguins
Gutter
dolly's momma
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
chrisb
Lou Lou
Ginny
Angel
18 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  skyllar Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Lou Lou -- thanks so much for that info. Where did you find that information? I have a hard time imagining this toy, did you find a pic some place? Thanks again.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  dolly's momma Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Lucy got a small cloth covered ball from the summer reading program at the library. It is full of stuffing. I wonder if this is the one they are talking about? I tore the tags off...... it is a dark blue color.

I went to the Consumer Product Saftey Commission's web site. The only soft ball lead paint recall I saw was in 2007.......

Consumer Product Safety Commission Toy Recall website
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Happy Halloween everybody! I hope everyone will be posting Costume pictures - I would love to see all the little cutie pies all dressed up.

Lucy was a pirate in a tutu at our friends party last night. Tonight we are taking her trick or treating with the big kids (mainly to show her off). She has one of those slightly stuffed pumpkin costumes, I thought it would be a little warmer and we already had it.

It was so cute at the party last night. My friend's husband had his little 3 month old grand daughter on his chest rocking forward and back playing with her. Lucy kept climbing up on the sofa and got close watching them and just sat there laughing hysterically.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 DSCF0239Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 DSCF0241Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 DSCF0246
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 25 DSCF0250

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:47 pm

Gutter,
OMG, Jasper and Audrey look JUST alike in their costumes. I know they look similar, but without seeing Audrey's hair, and just focusing on their faces, they're like identical. I love their costumes. I'm going to post pics of the girls when I get home tonight.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Wow, they really do look alike. Audrey is a very cute giraffe! And Tigger is always one of my favorites. Both cute!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:16 pm

I had some appointments yesterday, so Lucy spent the day with Daddy. Schedule and routine out the window. She had fun though, even if she was cranky without her regular naps. Ha - the funny part was I heard Daddy telling the 12 year old how exhausted he was, that keeping up with Lucy all day was hard work. Not a news flash to me!

One was my followup appt with the GI doctor from my procedures a few weeks ago. He said my intestines are full of inflamation cells, but he can't find any indication of any of the disease that would cause this. He has me on medications that are both muscle relaxers and anti-inflamatory for the digestive system, He wants to see if a couple months on these will calm things down and allow them to go back to normal. I also had some damage in my esophigus from acid reflux. Lucky me will get to have an endoscopy done every year to make sure the cells don't start changing into something cancerous. He says it is a very small percentage that ever do, but it needs to be monitored.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 am

Hey, come back. I promise I take a shower or bath every day, and I usually double check to make sure I remembered my deoderant........
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 am

lol! Sorry! I started to respond to you the other day and then *somebody* started climbing the stairs and I just never got back!

I really hope the medication will help calm things down and that just be the end of it. If that doesn't help what will they do next?
Did you have problems before you got pregnant or did this happen after Lucy was born? (please forgive me if you've already answered that!) I swear pregnancy totally changed my body and nothing has been the same since!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:28 am

Also, just an update on Owen..... He has learned how to open all the doors in our house.... including the exterior ones! I caught him in the back yard the other day! YIKES!!!!!!

He is also saying lots of words but I doubt most folks would understand him. He is finally saying MOMMA!!!! He says, momma, dada, nana, shoes, juice, uh-oh, woops, beep beep (for car) kitty, doggie, six, sing (swing) and bye bye. He does several animal sounds, kitty, cow, lion, snake. However, when he sees an animal outside he usually meows at it!

It's a fun stage, isn't it? Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 am

Hi guys!it's been FOREVER since I updated on here.SO much going on,which is a good thing because I had been spending far too much time on here and other sites.LOL

Anyway,I am working on writing a book,keeping my house in order (with mixed results,fly lady is hepling though) and generally have made some more friends who i adore and spend time with,since Teo started school as well things have been hectic.He has been having trouble learning his letters and learning to read.I was made to feel guilty,paranoid and concerned by this at the beggining of the school year,NOw I have had lots of reassurance from other teachers and friends and I am not worried about it,just got to keep working on it wiht his and he is slowly getting it. Smile/happy

Tia-li is growing up now more than out,she's so tall with the longest legs! She is a sweetheart,her latest accomplishments are; climbing stairs (oh no!) Climbing all over everything actually,she has no fear.She loves to 'read' books.She stands on thins and gives 'jibberish speeches'.She sais ;mummy,daddy,bear,teddy,boat (boke),hey ,bye bye,more (and signs it from baby einstein) poopy (thats my wonderful contribution LOL) and thankyou (taatoo) everytime she gives you somethig she sais'thank you!' in like a condescending tone!LOL So funny!

Other than that,going to post a brief update in the forum news section thats non kid related and hope that others will share some too! Smile/happy love you guys,sorry I havn't been around as much! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 pm

awwww so cute i miss the kids so much Cry
jessie geting the brake pats replaced on his new (second hand but new to us lol) then ill arrange coming see u cus gps dont work in my car and his more comfortable be in long time.

Cloie update she gave her first smile 2 days ago she trys role on her left side and has tantrums lol she loves tummy time and the swing stares at everyone and anyone who talking acting like she knows what going on lol she still in new born huggies with her lil wast she long n thin lol but she is my little sweetie can see her personalty coming though more every day Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 281
Loyalty Rating : 18145
Registration date : 2009-02-01

http://www.youravon.com/leannewhitney

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Lou Lou wrote:Also, just an update on Owen..... He has learned how to open all the doors in our house.... including the exterior ones! I caught him in the back yard the other day! YIKES!!!!!!

He is also saying lots of words but I doubt most folks would understand him. He is finally saying MOMMA!!!! He says, momma, dada, nana, shoes, juice, uh-oh, woops, beep beep (for car) kitty, doggie, six, sing (swing) and bye bye. He does several animal sounds, kitty, cow, lion, snake. However, when he sees an animal outside he usually meows at it!

It's a fun stage, isn't it? Smile/happy

It is fun. It seems like they learn or say something new every day. Lucy also can open doors. Thankfully we have deadbolts that she can't reach yet on the outdoor ones.

When I was pregnant I started having pancreatitis attacks, but everything else was fine. They took my gall bladder out in Dec to stop the pancreatitis. That is when everything started getting all messed up. After 5 days on this medicine I feel almost back to normal. I am not sure what the plan is if this doesn't 'reset' everything. Treat symptoms until somthing goes bad enough to let them know what the main problem is I guess.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm

Angel wrote:She is a sweetheart,her latest accomplishments are; climbing stairs (oh no!) Climbing all over everything actually,she has no fear.

That is Lucy too, she climbs like a monkey and there is no fear. Lots of tears when she falls, but she doesn't learn from it lol.

I am glad you relaxed about Teo, he will figure it out. When we got the older kids my daughter was in kindergarten (we got them over Christmas break). Come February we found out she didn't know ANYTHING, she was copying all the letters work off the little girl next to her, she knew nothing. We had to work really hard with her, but she got it eventually. And now that girl loves to read. She would rather read than do anything else.

Otherwise you are so busy!! Good for you.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 am

Lucy was so cute tonight. She was laying on top of me on the sofa after having drank her bedtime bottle. I started ''singing'' the jungle book song ''da da da, da da da da'' like that, and for 2 or 3 minutes Lucy joined in and ''sang'' with me.

Then I put her in her crib and I could hear her in there jabbering and giggling and singing for 5 to 10 minutes before she fell asleep.

*** seperate note - It only took me a whole year to discover that little link at the top of the screen that says ''view new posts since your last visit''. Wow!! That is awesome. I know, I'm a dork.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:37 am

too funny DM!!!!

Well, yesterday I felt like a real mom. Is that weird that Owen is almost 18 months old and it just hit me yesterday?!!!!
Anyway, I knew it was going to be a hard day because I had to keep my six year old niece from 7:30 am until 5 pm. She can be a bit sassy and clumsy and it's not uncommon for her to break at least one item while she's at your house. Anyway, I had a plan.... I would get everyone up and dressed, pack a picnic lunch and head straight to the park. We would stay there until nap time, come home, put everyone down for a nap or quiet time and then by the time she got up and had a snack it would be time to go home. Good plan, right!?

Well, half way to the park, Owen started throwing up in his car seat..... it was a 6 oz cup of milk! EWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
I went on to the park because I thought he had gagged himself with his hand. So we are walking around the park and I turn to look at Owen and he's throwing up as he's walking around! : (
I felt so bad for him and my niece! She was so upset we had to come home.

Owen threw up 7 times yesterday. It was awful. I even caught it in my hands once!

And in that very moment, I realized I'm a mom.

I hope today is a better day! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 am

Yikes. Sorry you had to deal with that mom! Poor little Owen, I hope his tummy is happier today.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

Awww Lou lou, i hope Owen is alright sweetie Cry I couldn't even imagine a child puking that many times. And yes you are soooo a mom when you catch it with your own hands. You take anything they give you that's for sure.

Audrey's been teething lately, I think she's working on her 2 year molars. Jasper is doing wonderful, he's sleeping around 8 hours at night from 10-10:30pm - 6:30am. Just wish I could take advantage of that 8 hours worth of sleep, but my stupid cat Sami has decided to start an orchestra of meowing in the wee hours of the morning.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:55 pm

ugh. well, I caught Owen's stomach bug! I had it WAY worse than he did! My husband had to stay home from work Friday because I was so sick and I am just finally feeling like myself again this evening. I lost 6 pounds since I last weighed in on Thursday!

Quick question - any one else have MAJOR problems with your toddler's behavior? I feel like all I do all day long is scold Owen. It's driving me nuts. I also find that I'm putting him to bed earlier and earlier simply because I can't deal with it anymore. Tonight he scratched my DH so hard he made his nose bleed!!!!!! He's just like a wild animal!!!! Please tell me some of you have looked at your children and thought he/she reminded you of a wild animal!!!!!!

What the heck do I do?!!!!! lol!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 am

Lou Lou,
Audrey has been terrible these last few weeks, but I blame it on teething otherwise she wouldn't be that way. We do timeouts and if I'm really angry from something she's doing or done, she'll get a bum spanking with her time out. I hate doing that but sometimes she just won't listen and I have to be firm with her since she thinks I'm fun, so I have to be a parent and show her that I'm not kidding around. I only result to spanking if she's really got me upset though which is very rare. Try and keep him busy throughout the day with things he likes, also maybe try an earlier nap....anyways hope he doesn't drive you too crazy, I definately know what it's like!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:13 am

lou lou, kaydee is driving me mad sometimes too, she can be soooo bad sometimes!!! every now and then she gets a time out for one minute in her crib, but she has to do something really bad, like hit me or hurt me or her sister. its really hard, i think im dealing with the terrible twos!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:38 am

I wonder if I am over disciplining him? I feel like I'm on him all day. HOWEVER - I'm trying to keep from getting hurt, hurting someone else or one of our dogs..... I dunno. There are days when he goes to bed that I feel like a terrible parent!
Don't get me wrong, we have GREAT days too!

Gutter and Nika - Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one! Hope your girls behave today! Smile/happy Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:30 am

Lucy has her little wild anuimal moments too. She can be downright mean. Usually it is when she is tired and won't sleep. In church seems the worst of all. It is her normal nap time, and she will get soo tired but refuses to fall asleep. She will hit, kick, pull hair, scratch. pinch, screech like an air raid siren when you try to hold her. Sometimes I think the peopl around us must think she is possessed.

lol lol lol lol lol lol
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Thanks DM, for putting me at ease!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Actually if you look down in the regular motherhood topics Tiff posted about pinching, hiting, and biting just a couple weeks ago.... you may want to check that out too.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next