Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

+14
MommaBear
sparkles
skyllar
Georgi
galaxy
24Penguins
Gutter
dolly's momma
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
chrisb
Lou Lou
Ginny
Angel
18 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  skyllar Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Lou Lou - I have the same thing happening with Kian. And I also feel I maybe discipline him too much. I dunno. He goes for time-out in his bed and he goes a couple times a day. If he touches the basement gate or if he bites me, he goes to timeout. And he knows he shouldn't do it when he is doing it. If he gets mad, he just pushes against and hits the basement gate and knows he will go to timeout. Right now, he is teething again and he seems to be more out of control (and more clingy). But when we have company, he is really good with other kids and people and doesn't act up like other kids do. So I think we are still doing okay.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 Empty Re: Mama and Baby's first year and beyond!

Post  MommaBear Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:39 pm

I feel as if I have missed so much so I am just going to try and stick with this page of posts. Lou Lou so sorry to hear about little Owen. I have found that Isaac is just really a active and physical little boy. We try to run and play and get out as much extra energy as we can but we still have our days when I just hand him over to DH when he walks in the door. I have found that Isaac is much better on a schedule and when he gets to pick things. I think he likes knowing what is coming...maybe it gives him a sense of control?

Sorry I have been MIA lately. DH's new job has longer hours which leaves little down time for me. I think we all have been passing a cold around the house--it is currently my turn. And I am spending every spare minute trying to clean and get rid of stuff we really don't need to make room for baby #2.

An update on Isaac. My little guy is teething big time. His bottom canines and the ones next to those broke through as well as his molars which makes him extremely clingy to mommy. And he is working on the top ones now. While we were at my families for a funeral Isaac climbed (and fell out) of his crib and grammys. So when we came home we tried to put him in his toddler bed. Plus that meant we could move the crib to what will be the nursery. He did really well for about a week. Now he will get out of bed and shake the gate at the top of the steps. When he sees us coming he runs laughing back to his bed...this can go on forever so we have gone back to the crib. A friend told me about the crib tent and that she used with all three of her boys in the toddler beds but then I read all these warnings online about children getting hurt. I guess that is all on the active toddler front for now. I will try and update on baby #2 in the pregnancy forum tomorrow and post some halloween pics too. I hope everyone is doing well and it sounds like everyone is going through the independent toddler tantrum stage right now. That is why I am so glad I have all of you to commiserate with.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Momma bear we have a crib tent. It is perfectly safe, and it has completely lowered my stress level at night. If you get the one that covers the entire crib, up the sides and the top, there is no way Isaac will get hurt. They do have ones that only cover the top of the crib, and I can see how those could be dangerous.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Oh I am so glad to hear that...I will have to look into finding one now. I was hoping someone had experience with one.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Princess_Longbottom wrote:Momma bear we have a crib tent. It is perfectly safe, and it has completely lowered my stress level at night. If you get the one that covers the entire crib, up the sides and the top, there is no way Isaac will get hurt. They do have ones that only cover the top of the crib, and I can see how those could be dangerous.

Can someone post a picture of what one of these crib tents look like I am sat here very curious!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Mama and Baby's first year and beyond! - Page 26 CribTent-1
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Can I post links??? this is the one that I have found the most....
http://www.amazon.com/Tots-Mind-Cozy-Crib-White/dp/B00014PLAY
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks ladies!!! By the look of it though it can only be used when the crib/cot is in crib mode!? I am considering making the transition from cot to cot bed slightly earlier than planned (due to the move) and was curious to whether this could be something very useful for me but I can't see how it would help. Thanks for posting pic's!! x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi Georgi,

A friend of mine told me she used it on her toddler beds for all three of her boys. I am not sure how you would adapt it but maybe because it wraps under the mattress you can?
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:38 pm

You could totally use it with a toddler bed. It would not be a problem at all. It completely encloses the bed, and also under the mattress, so you would just have the one side of the bed that was nothing but net Smile/happy On a regular bed, no it would not work, but if your cot converts to a toddler bed, then I think this would work great for you!!

xxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:03 am

Confused oh I see!! that's rather cool then, yes Tiff it would be a cot bed as apposed to a standard single bed. x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Hey ladies!
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Just an update on us.
Owen is REALLY sick. He had that stomach bug, then he cut two teeth and then he got a cold which has now turned into double ear infections!!!!! On top of that, the antibiotic is giving him severe tummy troubles and now he has the WORST diaper rash I have ever seen. I feel like I have failed him. I haven't kept him well or taken care of his little bottom. I was able to call in a Rx for his bottom so please keep him in your thoughts tonight. I am praying for a miracle. He usually responds well to Desitin but it didn't work this time. I bought the mega strength Desitin tonight and some yogurt and I'm putting him back on Pedialyte tomorrow - absolutely no juice! I also got some white vinegar and plan to do a vinegar/warm water soak tomorrow. Y'all, it's that bad!!!!! On top of all that, my DH is in France on business right now so I'm doing it all alone. I have a new appreciation for single moms!!!!

On a positive note - he said his first phrase yesterday! He said "bye, bye, doggie"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so sweet!!!! He says "uh oh" every 5 seconds during the day. He's really a fun little guy.

Hope you all are ok. I would love to hear some updates on you all!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:51 am

Lou Lou- The diaper rash could actually be a yeast infection. Yeast infections are very common during a course of antibiotics. Grab some anti-fungal cream such as monistat, and put in on his bottom, and then put the desitin on top of it. It REALLY helps.

Also during Owen's bath time (and thank Angel for this, she told me about it), get some coarse, all natural sea salt and dump it in right before you sit Owen in the bath. Like he literally needs to be sitting in undissolved salt. You have to use a lot of salt, and very little water, but it works really well. Make sure to dry his bottom really well, use a cool hair dryer if he will let you.

I hope this helps.

Loves and prayers to you and Owen!!

xxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:20 am

thanks for the tips, Tiff!
I was able to get a Rx for Nystatin and I can use it twice a day. I put it on last night and this morning he looked almost back to normal! He even giggled while I changed his diaper! (last night he screamed and cried!) So this is a huge improvement!!!! I am going to use it until it's gone! In between those diaper changes I bought Mega Strength Desitin but I make get some Monistat today and layer as you suggested!

Every time I woke up last night I just prayed that God would heal his little body!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:05 am

Lou Lou,

Lucy ALWAYS gets the diaper rash from hell when she is cutting teeth. We had to get a Rx for Nystatin too. What I usually do is put the Nystatin on her skin and layer the Desitin on top like Tiff said.

I didn't have sea salt, but I did have a box of mineral salt, and a bath in that helped too.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am

Lou Lou wrote:Hey ladies!
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Just an update on us.
Owen is REALLY sick. He had that stomach bug, then he cut two teeth and then he got a cold which has now turned into double ear infections!!!!! On top of that, the antibiotic is giving him severe tummy troubles and now he has the WORST diaper rash I have ever seen. I feel like I have failed him. I haven't kept him well or taken care of his little bottom. I was able to call in a Rx for his bottom so please keep him in your thoughts tonight. I am praying for a miracle. He usually responds well to Desitin but it didn't work this time. I bought the mega strength Desitin tonight and some yogurt and I'm putting him back on Pedialyte tomorrow - absolutely no juice! I also got some white vinegar and plan to do a vinegar/warm water soak tomorrow. Y'all, it's that bad!!!!! On top of all that, my DH is in France on business right now so I'm doing it all alone. I have a new appreciation for single moms!!!!

On a positive note - he said his first phrase yesterday! He said "bye, bye, doggie"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so sweet!!!! He says "uh oh" every 5 seconds during the day. He's really a fun little guy.

Hope you all are ok. I would love to hear some updates on you all!!!!!

sweetheart please check the good advice forum,there's a remedy for diaper rash that works when nothing else will within 24 hours. x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 am

Princess_Longbottom wrote:Lou Lou-Also during Owen's bath time (and thank Angel for this, she told me about it), get some coarse, all natural sea salt and dump it in right before you sit Owen in the bath. Like he literally needs to be sitting in undissolved salt. You have to use a lot of salt, and very little water, but it works really well. Make sure to dry his bottom really well, use a cool hair dryer if he will let you.

I hope this helps.

Loves and prayers to you and Owen!!

xxxxxxxxx

oh durr me,didnt see this sorry lol
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Thanks ladies! I feel like such a bad mommy! I haven't kept him well or been able to get him well and I feel so sorry for him!
He seems to be much improved today! Thank goodness!
I had a friend that told me to put him in a bath of warm water and white vinegar and it worked really well too - so keep that in mind if you ever find yourself in my situation and don't have coarse salt on your hands!!!!
I love it when a home remedy works so well!!!!!!

I am dying to get out of this house today but it's really cold here. We live in a humid area so it feels damp and cold out - not the best conditions to take a little sick fella out. We may drive to a neighboring town and go to the mall. (it's an indoor mall and our mall is an outdoor mall)

ok. I'm rambling now...... can you tell I haven't had much adult interaction lately!? lol!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:40 pm

Lucy had a rough day today. First she accidently rolled off the sofa, biting her lower lip and bleeding all over the place. Later she teased the shihtsu one time too many and got nipped. It broke the skin, but she deserved it. She has been torturing that poor little dog lately.

Then we went and looked at a day care. I finallly found one nearby that will take her for just one day a week and is reasonable. They have like 10 kids and 3 adults. It looked pretty good, and is run by the wife of one of the teachers at my 4th grader's school. My husband has been coming home on Tuesdays for a long lunch to watch Lucy while I have a regular appt - we figure this will be better all around, and I can plan my dentist/doctor visits and shopping for that one day a week.

I know the feeling Lou Lou. I have been feeling very isolated lately too.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Lou Lou -- I am so sorry to read that Owen was feeling so poorly. I am glad he seemed to be better today. Also, my peditrician recommended when receiving antibiotics you should give the kid yogurt every day. The yogurt cultures really help with yeast infections, tummy troubles etc. caused by antibiotics.
How great that he said "bye bye doggie" that is so cute.

DM -- sorry about Lucy's rough day; but glad you found a daycare for her for one day. I hope she likes it there. When does she start?

As for us, not too much new. Kian is driving DH and I insane. He has been SOOO clingy and whiney and difficult the last week (really only a week?? lol). He has been teething and seems to be getting a few at the same time and is just not himself. On top of it, I am getting sick (hoping and praying that it is not H1N1 - since tons of our students at my university have/had it) and he might get that, too. Ugh! Kian is saying more and more words every day, still most of them in German. It is adorable. My brother from Germany is coming to visit Saturday for two weeks so Kian will get even more German input.
As for me, I am EXHAUSTED. This early pregnancy is kicking my butt. I could sleep all day and usually nap during Kian's nap when I am not working, lol.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Sorry to hear about Lucy's rough day! It makes for a rough day for mama too! That's great you found a daycare that will take her just one day a week!!!! That's unheard of in my area!! It will be great to take advantage of that time to do all the things that are so difficult to do with a small one around.

Sorry to hear Kian is clingy. It must be the age. Owen (when well) has been driving me nuts too!!! I love him to pieces but Oh my goodness!!!!! I hope you guys aren't getting H1N1!!! I read about your 9 pound weight loss!!!!! Wow! I hope you are feeling better!!!!

Well, I'm sorry to report our improved booty issues were short lived. Cry
His little bottom is fire engine red and he's miserable! I put a big sheet down in the living room from 5:30 - 8:45 and let him run around naked. It's cold here so I cranked up the heat, put a long sleeve shirt on him and a pair of my husband's tube socks to try to keep him warm. I cleaned up accidents 5 times but it made cleaning him up a little easier and so we had less tears. I put the RX on him with a layer of Desitin (which was hard to do) and put him to bed. Please keep him in your thoughts. It's wearing us both out. Looks like we will have to stay home tomorrow too!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Mini Rant!

Jayden was absolutely rotten at Jadah's gymnastics practice tonight. She got popped so many times, I got tired of popping her. She cries fake tears, then does it all over again. I'm so tired right now. One time, she even put herself in time out. Now, I'm in my bed and I don't plan on getting out of it tonight. I need a drink!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Lou Lou wrote:

Well, I'm sorry to report our improved booty issues were short lived. Cry
His little bottom is fire engine red and he's miserable! I put a big sheet down in the living room from 5:30 - 8:45 and let him run around naked. It's cold here so I cranked up the heat, put a long sleeve shirt on him and a pair of my husband's tube socks to try to keep him warm. I cleaned up accidents 5 times but it made cleaning him up a little easier and so we had less tears. I put the RX on him with a layer of Desitin (which was hard to do) and put him to bed. Please keep him in your thoughts. It's wearing us both out. Looks like we will have to stay home tomorrow too!

Lucy's bad diaper rash always seems to cycle too. It seems early in the day it is getting better, then towards evening looks really bad again. Keep at it! Put a really heavy goopy layer of desitin on top. Then if she just wets a diaper I just sort of dabble the wipe on the very top of the desitin layer. If it is poo I usually have to clean it all off and put a whole new base layer of the desitin on it. They do say letting it air out like you did is really good for it.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 pm

mscherry42 wrote:Mini Rant!

Jayden was absolutely rotten at Jadah's gymnastics practice tonight. She got popped so many times, I got tired of popping her. She cries fake tears, then does it all over again. I'm so tired right now. One time, she even put herself in time out. Now, I'm in my bed and I don't plan on getting out of it tonight. I need a drink!

Sorry you had such a rough time. Lucy has been really wound up alot lately too. Hope you get a break tonight.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:34 am

DM,
I did. I fell asleep so fast, and didn't wake up til the next morning. She did not go back with me to Jadah's gymnastics practice last night, I just couldn't take it.

The girls are doing fine. Well, Jadah is doing fine. Jayden is just in a word "Jayden". She has this strong, aggressive, stubborn personality that is both charming and irritating as hell. I had to wash Jadah's hair last night(it was getting horrible looking). After washing Jadah's, Jayden decided it was her turn. I never wash Jayden's hair like a big girl. It's usually just a quick thing in the tub with her all in one body wash stuff, quick towel dry, then comb later. Well, I washed it in the sink like a big(well, she did have to sit in the sink on side and lean back). But, I actually blow dried it too for the first time, and realized just how long her hair REALLY is. As long as Jadah's hair is, it was nowhere near as long as Jayden's hair is now. I'm so happy about that. I also can't believe she sat there while I blow dried it, greased it, and then combed it.

Today, I'm going get a very small real xmas tree. I'm trying to do it before DF gets back from New Jersey(his maternal grandmother died the day after Thanksgiving). I know that it's kind of pointless and a waste to put up a tree knowing we're leaving(just us girls) on Dec 15th, but it doesn't feel Christmas-sy in my house. So, I figure if it's done by the time he gets back, he won't complain as much.

I hope everyone has a great and stressless day today!!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next