Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mums of babies 0-6 months

+13
dolly's momma
briecheese
chrisb
galaxy
Angel
24Penguins
skyllar
Helen
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
sparkles
Mum of jj
Georgi
17 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 12 Empty Re: Mums of babies 0-6 months

Post  sparkles Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:49 pm

awww poor theo
sound like your doing everything right i agree with bry if it lasts longer than 48 hours go to docts.
and keep up the salt baths if he has a red bum, honestly Kyrah is 99% better now due to those!!! ( they were better then the steroid cream)
i hope it is teething not a bug xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19581
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:40 pm

Yeah teething often causes the runs babe,however it could be some of the new foods in his diet.I agree though with the other girls that I would take him to the docs if it continues,in the mean time,rice,carrots,bananas.I would not worry so much about the milk,they say clear fluids.

I would not be too concerned though its vey common in babies through to toddlers,they calli it toddler tummy in fact.If its any consolation Teo would get those kind of back splat nappies all the time.He wasn't ill but they often leaked and at least twicE a month I would find him in bed with poo EVERYWHERE.It is yucky isnt it.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:16 am

oh i forgot to tell everyon our exciting news
Yesterday morning Kyrah started commando crawling ( dragging herself with arms then get up on handsa nd knees then rock , then drage tc etc
then in the arvo she crawled properly about 3 crawls and she gets onto her hands and knees now just in one swift motion, and hubby was home to see it after work, it was very exciting. Just got home from a naming ceremony and now going up to see a friend who had her 2nd bub last night, i had a girls night and she was in labour at my house, we were all timing her contractions, i had to drive her home contractions were like 3 mins apart and htey stil lhad to drop off their son etc...that was about 10 pm and she had her at 1.30am
cant wait to meet her
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:57 am

Hey guys,

Georgi,how is Theo's Diarrhea? (I can NEVER spell it LOL) Is his little bum ok?DId the salt help?

Sparkles.how exciting that Kyrah is crawling,I spoke to Tiff this weekend....I believe LM is doing the same!So cute!

I will have to look back over the last posts later to do personals but how is everyone? Dollys mama how's lucy sleeping? MOJJ How's Kiers? Everyone else?

As for me,I had a really busy weekend,we had a good time on hollowe'en apart from me having a headache and going to bed early.Yesterday I had my friend over to host her Avon party,everyone ditched at the last minute except for one girl.I am not suprised I have to say,I just wish people wouldn't say yes if they weren't going to come.Anyway,my house is nice and tidy from that and that makes me feel good.I am going to make a shepherds pie now and then do some laundry.

Baby wise,things are good,Tia is a little angel,although shes been a bit fussy from her teeth hurtin and wanting o be held a lot she is great.Growing well,she is almost 4 months old and the 3-6 months baby gro's are getting tight (she's not fat but she's loooooooooongLOL)

Anyway,Teo is good too,I had tried (prior to hallowe'en) not giving him sugar or red or blue colorants for a month and a half including things like white bread and white pasta (whihc can convert to sugar when in the body) I had him on whole grain everything (we do anyway) and no sugar or colorants...I didnt see a difference in his behaviour to be honest.I did however put him on multivitamins with Omega 3.Omega 3 is supposed to really help kids with AD/HD So we'll give that another few weeks as well.I have also read that giving them protien in the morning (afternoon or lunch is too late) helps them keep it together.I have not read all the details yet but my neighbour is going to lend me the book when she is done! Smile/happy So we'll see!

love to all!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Angel - Sound's like your on top of thing's with is fantastic. Lovely to get an update on Tia and Teo, you know I am so bad (slap me!!) cos I often forget to ask how they are while we chat!
Sorry that the Avon party was a let down, I used to do partyplan a few years ago to bring in a few extra pennies and they were either really busy or people just didn't show up, I still always treated the hostess to a facial and a make-over though (I did Bodyshop Parties) .
Have you posted any Halloween pictures??? I have loads but not on my camera so as soon as my friend uploads them to FB I will post them for all to see Smile/happy

Sparkles - I TOLD you Kyrah would be walking by Christmas didn't I....well with what 8 weeks to go she is most certainly on her way to proving me right!! GO KYRAH!!!

Thanks to everyone's advice regarding Theo's bad tummy, Bryony it was practically 'every' nappy, he poo'd 8 times in one day BUT I am pleased to say that his poo is now what I deem as normal and he is not whinging or being clingy anymore, his bum is still red but not nearly as bad (the salt really does work Angel!!)

I have another question though, I bought some stage 1 (4-6 mth) baby food jars but I am finding that they are far too runny Theo seems to like textures that have more substance to them otherwise he just kinda lets the food run out onto his chin....before I go out and buy any stage 2 jars does anyone know if the food in them is thicker???
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:49 pm

as far as over here Georgi, stage 2 food is thicker and lumpy
i actually had a body shop party on fri night lol
and i am so glad theo is feeling better.

Angel- glad to hear your gorgeous babes are well, i have also heard omega 3 are excellent for childrens behaviour etc
and i hate how people dont get back to you with parties etc, i i had 9 people come to mine and 5 more said they were coming and didnt show ( only one let me know)

Kyrah had a case of hives yesterday ???? i have no idea what from was a little scary at first as the out break was al around her mouth, i nearlt rushed her to doctors, but they went but went onto her chest then went alltogether, she didnt eat anything different etc so who knows???
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:13 am

How's Kyrah now sparkles??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:15 am

Thanks for asking georgi
she is fine, no signs of hives etc again thank goodness
xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 am

Oh that's good to hear, poor Kyrah I wonder why she got them in the first place? odd isn't it! as long as she is 100% now that's the main thing!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 am

Hey Angle - I have a friend that has a boy that is 5. They have been struggling with ADD/ADHD. She has a friend that is a nurse and she recommended they give him fish oil drops. She has been giving him a dose in the morning and she said within less than 12 hours she could see a difference!!!! She said the key to it is to be VERY CONSISTENT to when you give it. She said if she misses a dose he seems to "crash".

She said she didn't tell his teacher at school but after a week she commented that his attention span was significantly improved!!!

Just thought I'd pass this along!

Glad to hear Theo is doing better Georgi! It's always nerve racking when they don't feel good! I never know how to handle it! The stage 2 foods here are not thicker - just larger jars. Maybe you could add a little cereal to make it thicker - just to get rid of what you've already purchased?

Sparkles - how excited the Kyrah is so mobile! I'm sorry to hear about her hives!
That sounds just terrible!

Well, Owen is getting on all fours and rocking! He also army crawls backwards and side to side! It's really funny to watch him! He leaves his mouth hanging open as if to say "Look at me mom!!!!" He has started sleeping better too now that I am putting him down on his tummy. He is only getting up around 1 and then again between 5 - 6. He will lay in bed with me and nurse and then go back to sleep until 8-9!!!

Dolly's Momma - how is Lucy doing?

Momma Bear - how are y'all doing?

Hope I didn't miss anyone!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 am

Fantastic news LOu Lou, so glad Owen is sleeping better, Kyrah also loves sleeping on her belly
and YAY for him becoming mobile, clever boy!! i think crawling backwards first is very common, Kyrah moved backwards first too
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 pm

OH my gosh.....................Owen is already crawling!!! I am amazed, what a clever little learner Smile/happy Theo is only just raising his legs under himself and he still can't sit un-supported for very long at all! BUT he has started to say ADAH and GADA Smile/happy so very nearly DADA!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:54 pm

clever theo, i bet your hubby is excited, Kyrah hasnt mastered Dada yet, just mama and bubba ( its mainlt bubba these days)
we are also still working on her waving bye bye, she laughs but hasnt yet copied.

How is the signing going girls??i watched it yesterday and will prob try more, food and drink with kyrah
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Signing would work well if everyone else did it BUT when I am the only one Theo clearly just thinks I am nuts!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:01 pm

:lol: yeahi guess thats true lol, i tend to do a hand sign anyway when i am talking from working with kids !!

As soon as Theo sits on his own he will prob start crawling straight away, thats what my friends daughter did, she kinda rolled over, sat up and crawled all in a couple of weeks!!! Amazing how everyone ( including adults) learn so differently. Kyrah seems to learn a new skill then practise it for ages before mastering it...maybe building uo her confidence, then others do it once then master it immediatly, its funny!!
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi girls, I just kissed my little guy good night. Hubby is taking him upstairs to go to bed. Isaac is finally sleeping through nights again too. He was getting up at around midnight (I would stick his paci back in) and then would sleep till four or five in the morning. He is also getting more squirmy and will turn around on his back (a full 360). He also rolls now but it is always when I am not watching. He will get stuck and get mad.

I hope everyone is well I will do personals in the morning otherwise i have a feeling they wouldn't make much sense.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 pm

wow, feels like I have been away forever. Just got caught up again on your LOs.

We fed Addy rice cereal tonight for the first time. She took about 4-5 spoonfuls. It was so fun! How did you all introduce meals with your LOs. Before or after breastfeeding and how many times per day? Any advice would be great.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 67
Loyalty Rating : 17208
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.camandjenjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:48 am

Hi brie

We started with solids very slowly. Advice people told me that was helpful...give them one thing for about three days to make sure there is no allergy and try foods at least eight times before you decide it is something they will not eat. It also helps to put half of a liked (familiar) food and a new food on the same spoon Oh and when first starting devote 30 mins. to a feeding if needed. It gives them the time to learn and get used to the textures.

Other than that every baby has it's own tastes. My little guy is a banana and sweet potatoes lover. Squash and applesauce are others that we started with. Our schedule is something like this.
7am or sometimes earlier if he wakes up super hungry I nurse him (abt. 6 oz)
8am 1/2 jar of a fruit and 2 Tbsp of cereal (we are working our way up in consistency)
9am naps
10 or 10:30 - 6 oz breastmilk/formula
12 or 12:30 - fruit and a veggie ( I alway try to pair one that he really likes with one that is so so) 2 to 4 oz. of both
Early afternoon really varies day by day depending on the morning but he naps for an hour to an hour and a half
When he gets up he will have another 6 oz.
I used to feed him fruits and veggies again at 4pm but he would not make it through the night so I give him 4oz. breastmilk and he takes a little catnap after. I try not to let him sleep after 6:00 pm. At 6 or 6:30 he gets his fruits and veggies. I bathe him at 7 and then he gets his last bottle at eight.

This is a video of him after a week of working on it (cereal and bananas). DH puts more on the spoon than Isaac can handle so it ends up more on him than in him at times but they manage.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2wfmihs&s=4
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:30 pm

momma bear-

What a cute video! Thanks for the schedule. That looks really workable for us. I think I am going to stick with rice cereal for the next week or two. I can't wait to start introducing fruits and veggies though.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:31 pm

awwww that vid is so cute!!!, look how he follows the camera lol

hey Brie- i introduced a new food every couple of days too around the linch time, i started with rice cereal just once a day then pumpkin was her first food just once a day, then i introduced sweet pot and apples, then slowly moved up to 2 times a day and now is on 3 times a day and has tried all sorts of foods
our routine is similar to Momma bears

wake up 6am- breast feed
7.30- cereal and fruit
8.30 sleep usually 2 hours
10.30- bottle
12.30-sleep - 40 mins
1.15- luinch- veggie and fruit/usually sometimes yogurt etc/ offer bottle
3.00-sleep- usually 2 hours
5.00- bottle ( ofter not a big one)
6.00- dinner- vege and fruit
7-7.30 breast feed and bed!!

its around this anyway- but its working really well for us and she kinda just worked this out herself!!
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:44 am

Thanks for the input Sparkles!

Addy loved her cereal today and ate all of it!
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Well girlies I am 'officially' moving over to the 6-12 month thread it will be nice to catch up with some members that I have lost touch with over the last couple of months, I will of course still be popping my head in to see ya all but most of you will be over in a month or less and then this thread will be deserted.......................for a while at least!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 pm

Wow I have been out of it! Owen is crawling? yay!

Lucy scoots on her back. She likes to get close to me and kick me, and the combination of the two got her in trouble today. We have had her play gym on the futon folded out flat right behind my computer chair and she scooted down and slid right off the bottom onto the floor on her butt, then flopped forward onto her face. Luckily it is only about a foot and a half down, onto carpet, and she missed the wheel of my chair. She cried and cried and cried, I felt like the world's worst mother. I couldn't find any mark or swelling or anything, I think it mostly scared her. Finally a bottle calmed her down.

She is also a banana and sweet potato lover. Pears are right up there too. Not a fan of the green beans. I started with a tablespoon of the rice cereal in 3 Tablespoons of formula. After a week I added the bananas, then like someone said evey three days or so we are adding a new thing. Usually I put the new things in the bowl with the rice cereal the first few times and try to give her a spoonful with both on it.

I have found if she is too hungry she is too impatient to feed the solids to, in that case I let her drink a couple ounces first, then feed the solids, then let her drink the rest of her bottle.

Why do husbands always put too much on the spoon? Mine does too!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:11 am

I feel like i have been such a slacker! its been ages since i have been on here! ive tried to come on when i have spare time but as soon as i go to post something one of the kids start screaming or someone turns up and im always getting interupted! LOL
Well things here have been soooo full on, Me and hubby have been getting on really really well which has suprised me! things are honestly looking up.
Jesse is still enjoying daycare, although he does cry and throw a tanty when i leave but only takes them 5 mins to settle him, so two arvos a week are mine and kiers time. Kieran has still been having trouble with his bowels, he is only doing a poo once every 4 days but the doctors are not concerned, the thing is he is so scared to do it, you can actually see him with tears and looking at me as if to say no mum i dont want too. So i have to help him out every time just by applying a bit of pressure, its not nice and breaks my heart. He screams for a good 30mins before so we know when its coming, poor DH didnt know what to do tonight as he is usually at work when this happens and started panicking as he has never heard kiers scream like that, he got right on the phone and rang the emergency dept at the hospital, the doc come onto the phone to me, but everything was fine, so ive sent him out to the pub for a few hours with one of his mates.

Ive been out for the last 5 weekends in a row! its shocking! but we have had something on every weekend and DH went to a 21st with me but the rest he didnt want to go, we had a wedding dinner etc, so he stayed home with the kids and i went out! its been great! so im having a quiet one this weekend as i have a housewarming party next weekend! I never went out after having jess but with the 2nd ive found im so much more relaxed and daryn is a lot more confident with having the kids on his own.

well thats the update for me, my mum came beack from her 3 week holiday today so its been great catching up with her, she spoilt the kids! taking jess to the circus tomorrow they are in town for their yearly visit, wonder if there are some more spunks this year to make the show more enjoyable......will update ya on all that, was down gettign tickets today and they had the elephant out, he is just gorgeous!!!

Hope evryone is doing good, wont be long and ill be moving over to the other thread too. :cry:
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17613

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:46 am

bye Kiersand Theo.See you ver there in a bit!

As for me,Tia has started eating a little rice cereal since yesterday,I am mixing it with water thought (it sais you can) too much hassle to pump at the moment and she hates the taste of fomula right now.Her reaction was quite funny.When I first put the spoon near her she got all excited and tried to grab it.Once she reaised it had stuff on it her expression changed to disgusted! LOL it was so funny,then she did the classic,tounguig it out thing,I put a few spoonfuls in gradualy and most of it came back out but I am pretty confident she swallowed some.

Today was pretty much the same,althouh after a couple of little spoonfuls,she seems eager to grab the spoon and to get it in her mouth,she was even opening it for me when I approached with the spoon.I don't remember my son doing this.I am going to continue doing this once a day until she stats properly swallowing it,then I will do it a couple of times a day and maybe a litte more and soon and so on. Smile/happy I am happy with her reaction so far though! Her other litle bottom tooth is coming through I can see it just bellow the surface!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content