Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Mums of babies 0-6 months

+13
dolly's momma
briecheese
chrisb
galaxy
Angel
24Penguins
skyllar
Helen
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
sparkles
Mum of jj
Georgi
17 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Mums of babies 0-6 months - Page 11 Empty Re: Mums of babies 0-6 months

Post  sparkles Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Fantastic georgi and Theo
Wont be long till he is scooting around!!

I also bring Kyrah into bed with me if she wakes around 5-6 and she wil usually sleep with me for another hour or so
and wow twins!! how exciting i wanted twins too lol, kinda glad i didnt though now

Angel- yay for tia, clever rolling bub xo

We are good, Kyrah is loving her walker too and has figured out how to go forwards now, she is also constantly on her hands and knees and rocks and is attempting to move but falls she is also getting on her hands and knees and scooting backwards a little and also brings her leg under her to put herself into the sitting positoin herself. She is totally sitting up on her own now no worries .
Kyrah has also dropped a feed and is becoming soo much cruiser in that area and will hold and feed her self a bottle a times too.
Actually come to think of it Georgi- Kyrah hardly says mumma anymore its more bababababa all the time now but when she is upset will say mum. Another funny thing she does is blows noisy raspberries on our skin just for the noise she thinks it funny, its sooo cute.

going back to the own room thing.... i also felt bad moving Kyrah into her own roon at thre momnths lol and now when hubby travels for work i put her in the prta cot next to my bed, I feel safer, like i can protect her better on my own as her room is down the other end of house.

Well thats about it for us oh- i also tried Kyrah on more lumpier foods and she pulls the funniest faces, gags lol but i wil keep trying. i also tried her on chicken this week she seems to think its ok i just mix it in with her veggies.
ok all enjoy your weekend xo Smile/happy
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19602
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:52 pm

Hey girls!
Wow! So much is going on with our little babies now! They are really getting to be fun!
Owen has dropped his early morning feeding so we are now down to 5 a day. I am in the process of trying to stretch his feedings. He was still eating every 2 1/2 hours until a few days ago. I noticed that since we started solids he spits up more and I figured that meant his was too full so I just held him off for three hours the other day and he was fine! I would love to push him a little farther. How often do your babies nurse/take bottles? How many ounces are they drinking?

Owen had green beans tonight and he really seemed to like them! He really enjoys eating and I am always looking for new foods for him to try. My ped told me that by 6 months we should have him on stage 2 foods. I can't believe it!!!

Georgi - Congrats on the twin nephews!!!! I'm sure they were completely shocked!
20 weeks is a long way into a pregnancy to discover you are going to have two!!!!

Dolly's momma - little Lucy will be rolling over any day now!

Sparkles - I like putting Owen in bed with me too! He's so warm and cuddly early in the morning!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20292
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:03 pm

How often do your babies nurse/take bottles? How many ounces are they drinking?

Well based on this week just gone Theo's feeding schedual has been as follows:-

Wake-up 8ozs formula
mid-morning Cereal/porriage followed by about 4/5ozs formula
Lunchtime 8ozs formula
Late afternoon mediterranean veggies
before bed 8ozs formula

We've dropped the late afternoon feed and I don't think it will be long until he drops the mid-morning feed either. In a couple of weeks I will start introducing solids at lunchtime with the view of dropping that feed after a few weeks.

Sparkles - It sound's like Kyrah is going to start crawling very soon!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21396
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:34 am

hey Lou Lou
Kyrah fed every 21/2 hours until around four months or so too, then she just started stretching it out herself now its prob

wake up- breastfeed
mid morning- cereal and fruit- offer a bottle formula only ever drink around 30ml sometimes none so she is cutting this one out
Lunch- veges( or yogurt and fruit) and trying to introduce rice/meat etc and lumps( not going too well lol)
usually drinks around 100ml/ 4 oz formula
afternoon- Approx-150ml/6 oz
dinner- veges/fruit
Before bed- breastfeed
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:20 pm

Holi - Tia sounds like she is a happy little girl! its nice that you wake up to her gummy grin! its the cutest look isnt it!

Georgi- Congrats on finding out your gonna be an aunty of twins! how exciting!!!

Update here....
Well we had Kieran in hospital a few nights ago from constipation, was horrible, not sure what caused it but we had only been back on solids for 2 weeks so the Doc has asked me to stop them for 2 weeks and re introduce them, not sure why, maybe just to let his bowel movements go back to normal. He seems fine now. His teeth are moving around heaps and im wondering if he is going to cross cut as ya can see the big white dots ontop of his bottom eye teeth and its red around them. he has his grizzly stage with them in the evening but overall is doing good with them.
He is still sleeping from 8pm - 8.20am then 2-3 hours from 9.30am then another 1.5hr at 1.30pm then another 2 hours at 4.30pm, he doesnt seem interested in cutting any sleep out at the moment and he is still very happy so we will leave it as is at the mo.
whenever he starts to cry, jesse will go to him and sing twinkle little star and he stops instantly and giggles away, jesse just thinks he is the best big brother, he is so proud of himself, he is off to daycare in about 20mins, YEAH!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17634

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Aww mum,sorry about kieren.I took teo in just before he turned 3 for his constipation.It hurts so much.I reckon you are right,let his Bowels get cleared n then try solids AGAIN. Smile/happy

I meant to ask u how Jess is getting on at school?No more screaming?

We are going to put Teo in a montessori school soon 3 afternoons a week.From the sound of things,it sounds perfect for him.They are allowed to move around freely,self teach and develope independance.When they have a lesson,its one on one.There are 2 teachers for the whole class which is never more than 8-12 at the moment. Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21343

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Wow Angel- that sounds fantastic!!!!

Mum- hun i am so sorry Keirs is having a drama, poor darling. Wow he sleeps so well , what a good boy. Kyrahs eye teeth were giving her problems at around 3 months and one popped throught he skin JUST but went back down then a month later she got her two bottom teeth, no pain or whinging, but she sure did whinge on and off when her eye teeth were moving
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:02 am

What are eye teeth??? or where are they in the mouth??

Teressa - I did already comment on Kiers in your original post about his little issue on the moment and I had asked when you started him on solids again, as that was my first thoughts....it was the food causing the problem. I hope it is much, much better now, poor little man!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:13 am

Georgi wrote:What are eye teeth??? or where are they in the mouth??

Teressa - I did already comment on Kiers in your original post about his little issue on the moment and I had asked when you started him on solids again, as that was my first thoughts....it was the food causing the problem. I hope it is much, much better now, poor little man!!

They are what your eyes eat with :lol: I think its the canines (the sharp ones)
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 am

Angel wrote:
Georgi wrote:What are eye teeth??? or where are they in the mouth??

They are what your eyes eat with :lol: I think its the canines (the sharp ones)

hehehe!!!! I see!!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:38 pm

yes the ones that look like vampire teeth lol hehehehe
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:10 pm

MOJJ - I'm so sorry that sweet boy of yours has had such a tough time!
I tell you what, being a baby is hard work! Glad he is doing better!

Thanks girls for posting your feeding schedules. Today I fed Owen about every 3. 5 hours and he did great! I think I'll just continue with things this way for a while and see how it goes!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20292
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 pm

MOJJ - How is little Keirs doing? So sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital.

Where did all the babies go...with all this teething, crawling, and giggling it is like the are disappearing. I think Isaac found a new part of his voice. He has been squealing constantly. He would do it once in a while but now it is all the time. He cracks himself up.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18019
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Lucy has been squealing and squawking. Now she also makes a weird deep in her throat ''ehhhhhhhh'' noise that is hysterical. And loud. My older daughter keeps telling her to stop because it is freaking her out (like Lucy listens lol). It just makes me and my husband laugh. I say she is practicing her 'evil octopus' sound for halloween.

Is that a puppy costume on Issac in the little siggy pic? How cute!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18416
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Hey girls

Since we stopped solids again, kiers has been so much better, so i think we will stay off them for a wee bit now and bring them back later on. His teeth are still moving heaps and im hoping that he doesnt cross cut.

Angel - Jess is LOVING daycare this time round, he wakes everymorning asking if its time to go, he only goes on tuesday and thursday afternoons, i drop him off at 12.30 and pick him up at 4pm, he still doesnt want to come home at 4pm. big difference to last year!!!

My mum has gone to australia for a 2 week holiday, she flew over yesterday, her uncle is getting married so thats why she has gone, its her first holiday in years so she was so excited! Ill miss her tho, i havnt spent more than 2 days away from her since jess was born! And jesse is her wee man so she will have withdrawls from not seeing him!
she gets back on the 14th november so i cant wait!

kiers has just woken up so gotta run,

hi to everyone
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:00 am

Teressa - That is great to hear that Kiers is much better, are you feeding Kiers mainly formula now?? or are you still using that BFing thingy??

Well, Theo finally ate carrots and potatos YAY!!! but now his poo is orange shock
He has also dropped the mid-morning feed, but now I am worried that he isn't getting enough formula (I will never be happy!!) do you think 24ozs of formula a day is enough for a (nearly) 6 month old????
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 am

mum- i am glad keirs is feeling better and so happy that jess is enjoying kindy

thats funny my MIL is in NZ for a holiday at the moment lol

Georgi- yay for Theo, Kyrah hates potato still lol, she likes some veges but deff likes fruit better
24oz sounds like plenty to me i think thats around 600-700 mls approx???
i am pretty sure i read as long as they are getting around 500mls a day with solids too, i could be wrong though, Kyrah has a BF then about 40ml mid morn then arounf 120ml lunch prob 100 ml arvo then a bf so i am guessing thats around 500-600ml so prob around the same as Theo...if that helps lol
Have you started theo on three meals yet?? i dont think it matters i think they say 2-3 solid meals a day after 6 months.

sound like your doing a great job to me!!!
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 am

i have a short clip of Kyrah rocking ( trying to crawl) its so cute, she rocks ALL the time now so fast but my photo bucket is not working prperly, does nayone know of anyother programs???
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:14 am

I am glad Isaac isn't the only one making new noises. I got him a walker off of freecycle yesterday and it is nice to be able to rotate between that and his jumper. Now I can leave one by the computer and he has somewhere to sit and play. I also think we are starting a clingy to mommy phase. When he gets tired and fussy only mommy can hold him and somebody always has to be in view now.

Oh and yes that is a puppy costume. I was going to get some professional photos done with it and if I do I will post some of them.

Glad to hear that Kiers is feeling better and that s great that Jess loves school this is when it is really important that they like school.

Hey Georgi a book I have says that they need at least 24 ounces a day so it sounds like you are fine.

Sparkles I don't know of any other programs. I have videos on my facebook and was trying to see if there is a way to share them with non facebook people but haven't found that out yet.

It is someone's naptime so I gotta run. Although there are roofers next door so I am not sure how this nap will go.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18019
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:24 am

Hey G,If you look in the useful info forum,the thread for solids sais how much milk they need by age,just for futur ref for everyone,I might change the title actually so people know what the links are about! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:51 pm

It's pretty simple to set up a youtube acct to post your videos on.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18416
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Georgi - I used the lact-aid for a few week, it works wonders but it didnt put my supply up to where i wanted it so as a last resort i went to the doctors and got some Domperidone. I thought i would give this a try and if it didnt work then i would give up breastfeeding knowing i had done everything possible to try my best at it. So i got the domperidone and within 48 hours i had a BIG difference and 1 week after taking it, i had to wake Kiers up at 6am to feed him because i was ingorged, i hadnt been that full since my milk came in! So im on it for a month, we nearly into our 3rd week of using it and have gone from 1-2 BF a day to only having 1 bottle a day, so he 95% BF, i have to pump for 10 mins after each feed to keep my supply up and the bottle he has i pump for 15 mins each side. I think by the time i finish using doperidone we will be back to being exclusive. its fantastic.

As for jesse enjoying daycare, its FANTASTIC!! im not being awful and i do love him to bits but i am just LOVING being away from him as he does my head in sometimes, he is a full on little boy! Ill try and get a video of him, he is a show off so he will say hi to everyone!!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:16 pm

dolly's momma wrote:It's pretty simple to set up a youtube acct to post your videos on.

She could but we wouldnt be able to see it unless she made her profile public,in which case every psycho can see /comment on our kids.Thats why I dont put persona vids on there...too many pedophiles.There was this one guy in california,who was in the news,he had a website FOR pedophiles with the best paces to find little girls (parks n things)...Its a SICK SICK world.I dont mean to be negative but I wouldnt want my stuff on such a broad publicspectrum just in case.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm

Teressa - Thanks for the update babe! I am glad it is working out for you.

Angel - Thanks for the push into the right direction, I will go and check that all out!!

I have a question, Theo started getting rather soft stools a couple of days ago but nothing too bad and then yesterday it was diarrhea for sure, his bum is bright red (I am trying the salt in the bath Angel Smile/happy ) when hubby got up this morning to see to Theo, I thought he took ages BUT the problem was Theo had poo basically all the way up his back creeping out over the top of his sleepsuit, it was everywhere sick I thought I would see how he was today BUT he has had diarrhea allday today aswell, 3 times it was all the way up his back again......how long should I wait until going to see the doctor?? I am making sure that he has plently of water and I increased his formula in-take by 8ozs today, he's not had any new foods the last 2 days and he is still eating fine. Overall his mood is pretty good, although I have found him to be more clingy than usual!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryony Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:52 pm

Is it every nappy or just the odd one?

It could be a bug in which case it shouldn't last longer than 48 hours. You are doing all the right things keeping him as hydrated as possible and offering food that is unlikely to aggravate things more.

If it doesn't clear up in a day or two I'd take him to the doctor on Monday, but obviously if it gets worse and he develops other symptoms in the meantime and seems ill, I'd act sooner. Bear in mind though, it could be teething-related, especially if it is happening with some nappies but not others.
Bryony
Bryony
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 81
Loyalty Rating : 17102
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down