Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Parentise Weight Watchers Club....

+9
mscherry42
Ginny
galaxy
Leeaman
Angel
Myste
skyllar
Lou Lou
Toffee
13 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 Empty Re: Parentise Weight Watchers Club....

Post  mscherry42 Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:06 am

Lou Lou,
That's great that you've found something that works for you and that you're enjoying. And great job in looking good in those jeans LMAO!!!

Skylar,
TY. That sounds like a crazy workout. I probably would've tripped and me and Jayden would've went flying if I tried hiking with her in a stroller!! But, seriously, that's awesome that you're getting a nice workout and you're able to include Kian.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19467
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 Empty Re: Parentise Weight Watchers Club....

Post  skyllar Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:31 am

Well, nobody posted here in a while, but I have been following Tiff's progress in her picture thread and it keeps inspiring me. Tiff, wow you look gorgeous, girl!!!! What a difference! This is so inspiring.

Since we got back to Germany last Thursday I have been running in the woods (a jogging path very uphilly and downhilly, but soooo nice) every day with Kian and DH. It is really strenuous to run uphill and downhill with Kian in the stroller, but so much fun and rewarding. We run for at least 30 minutes every day. I also do weights again.

Thanks for the inspiration, ladies! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21118
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:14 am

That's great Skyllar! It is hard to run with a stroller!!! It's actually hard for me to run at all, I've always had amazing endurance while swimming but not while running.

Sounds very beautiful and scenic where you are right now. I can't wait to see pictures.

Good job starting up the weights again. It really does make a difference using weights, which I discovered for the first time in my life after starting this exercise regime.

Thanks for the photo compliments.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20919
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:07 pm

Well, after getting back from our trip I noticed I am back at pre-preg weight. I was soooooo surprised and happy. We did go running almost every day in Germany, but with all the good food in France and Germany I sure thought I'd put on a bunch of weight. But we walked miles and miles a day in France. So excited about being back at pre-preg weight. YAY!!!! I am still trying to loose a few more pounds and tone up and get my muscles back.
Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:53 pm

Awesome Sky!
I have lost ten pounds and would like to lose 10 more...... so that's the goal. I am walking/running 3 or 4 nights a weeks and trying to keep my calories between 1200-1500. Seems to be working. So, now I'm trying to get my workouts so that I am running more than walking, 3 miles instead of 2 miles and 4 -5 nights instead of 3-4..... I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20310

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Skyllar- that's awesome. It's crazy how much more you walk in Europe than here in the states. I remember after I moved to London, I dropped a lot of weight really quickly, because I walked everywhere!

Lou Lou- 10 pounds is great. I'm happy for you!! Great work and commitment, I hate running!!!

I went to the doctors yesterday, and they weighed me. I had gained two pounds from last time, but I am smack dab in the middle of my period, and I am always carrying water weight, so I'm not too disappointed about that. I can't work out this week because I have strep throat, but I also can't eat anything either because I can't swallow anything but liquids, so I've been living off of V8 juice for like 3 days.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Lou Lou - congrats on loosing 10 pounds! That's fantastic!! Your walking / running workout seems great. We also run, usually 2-3 miles, on some occasions when we have more time a little more. The cross-country sunning with Kian in the stroller in Germany was really hard, but I already miss running in the woods again.

Tiff -- sorry about your strep throat. Take good care of yourself and you will be back to working out in no time!

Wow, so much progress, girls!!!! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks for the praise! I could really use it!!!!! Some days are so easy and then some days.... like today are so hard!!!!!!

I think for me a lot of my problem is the heat. It's SO humid here in the summers that being outside before 8 or 9 at night is just miserable. I feel sorry for Owen too because we don't even like taking him to the park or out in the stroller because he sweats so bad.

I'm anxious to see how much more efficient my running will be in October.... that's usually when things begin to cool off around here

Tiff I hope you start feeling better soon. You know, I was up 1 1/2 pounds yesterday and I was all upset about it and then today I'm back down so don't worry about it. I'm sure it's just water weight.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Lou Lou -- I totally hear you on the heat. Running in the heat is no fun - I usually get some pretty bad workout migraines if I run in too much heat and sun. I went for a run this morning at 8am (Kian woke up and DH wanted to sleep) and it was bearable. I ran for about 2.5 miles with Kian and then we went to the park to play and cool off in the water, lol. It was actually a very nice morning. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

OK Ladies....It's time for me to get serious...I weigh the same now as I did 10 days after Thane was born....he's 19 months old!!!!!!!!! I had lost the weight easily, a little too easily, from my super nurser so I started eating and drinking WHATEVER I wanted Cry I got back down to pre-pg weight for Thane's bday, but in the last few months, I have gained 8 lbs and have hit the magical "OH HELL NO!!!" number on the scale
:angry:

Soo....here are some pix..please don't make fun of my ass Tongue I know I look like I did at 8 weeks of pregnancy with Thane, but No, I am not... Wink So, here we go....my pix :S

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 Ginny_10

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 Ginny_11

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 Ginny_12
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20152

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:16 pm

OH and for a comparison of PRE -PG here ya go ... Me and My deer head! Tongue Just kidding...this one is ray's...mine's on the other side of the bed Smile/happy (for you Holi!!!) :
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 7 214510
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Ginny, I really don't think you look bad at all. I honestly don't, I just don't see how you think you look too big! You look great!!
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 18019
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:40 pm

well thanks toffee Wink my clothes just don't fit and my stomach just rolls and rolls when i sit Cry It's uncomfortable actually. I am only 5'4" and I don't need the extra 5 - 10 lbs Cry But thank you, that's very sweet! My waist has just REALLY gotten huge since before I had him. oh well...its my fault cuz i ate so much junk!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:45 pm

What kind of exercise is everyone doing?

Tiff, can u tell me more about the 30 day shred? Is it kickboxing, or cardio, or what?

I am only working out 2 to 4 days a week ( I worked out 6 days til I was 39 weeks pg then went down to 5!!) Of course, I didn't havea toddler running around then either!!!!!!!!!!!! I run 3 miles on monday, 30 min of cardio sculpt on Tue, kickboxing on thur (30 min) and then friday i run 3 miles....but i don't always do all 4 days.
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Ginny, the 30 day shred is circuit training. 3 minutes of strength combining hand weights with lower body movements such as lunges, then 2 minutes of cardio which consists of jumping jacks, invisible jump rope, butt kicks, and punches. Then you do one minute of abs. There are 3 circuits and with the warm up, the whole thing is about 25 minutes long.

It's a killer work out, but burns fat fast!!! I found the dvd used on amazon for under 7 dollars.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:40 pm

that really sounds awesome tiff!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm gonna see if ican find it Smile/happy thanks!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:38 pm

I know some of you are going to laugh when you read my update cause I am laughing as I type. I am restarting (for like the 12th time) my weight loss journey. But, I am. I talked trash with DF tonight about how well he helped me workout when we were in the navy, but then when we got out of the navy, he changed, and so we didn't workout well together. So, we're taking back to our navy days, and he's going to be my hard a@@ sexy trainer guy. We ran outside for like 1 1/2 miles, but I only ran halfway, and walked briskly on the way back. Then we did sprint/walk rotations on the treadmill for a few minutes to build a big sweat. Then he had me box for 5 rounds with a plastic sweatsuit top on. I'm so tired, my entire body feels like jello.

I weighed myself again as my start weight and I weigh 152. So, I'll try and stick with it and update with you ladies.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Ginny - I think you look great but I completely understand what it feels like to be uncomfortable with your weight.
It's very frustrating!!!!!!

Cherry - Good for your restarting!!!!! I think that happens to us all sometimes! It's so hard to find a program that works and stick to it!!!!!

OK. So I have lost 12 pounds and I'm feeling pretty good! I am finally to that point where people can tell I've lost too so I've been getting some compliments!!!! Yipee!!!! I am slowly adding distance to my run but I haven't been able to find time to do the shred videos in addition to running. I may just keep doing what I'm doing and if I hit a plateau I'll switch to the shred videos. I dunno! I'm still playing with what works best. I am also using a website called Dailyburn.com and it's awesome! You put in your height and weight and what your goal is and it calculates how much you should eat and then breaks that down to fat/carbs/protein. It's been VERY useful for me!

What is everyone's goal? I want to lose AT LEAST 14 more pounds. Once I reach that goal I may consider losing another 10......

I am SO proud of everyone!!!!! We are doing great! Also - I found a great ice cream treat! It's called Skinny Cow Icecream Sandwiches and they are SUPER delicious!!!!! You guys should try them!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:16 am

Another grueling day! We didn't run outside since it was just too darn hot, but oh, he made up for it in our HOT noninsulated garage, though. We jogged on the treadmill for six minutes, did two rotations of sprint/walk(walk 30 seconds on 3, sprint on 7, for three reps), then did 4 3-minute rounds of intense boxing circuits. And he made me wear the plastic sweat shirt again. I'm so tired and hurt, I know I"m going to sleep well tonight. The scale claims I'm 151, but I'm not really believing that I lost 2 real pounds in a day, so I'm just chalking it up to +/- a couple pounds type of thing.

Good luck on all who are on their weight loss journey, we'll get there yet!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Everyone sounds like they are doing well in here..

Ginny you look great hun as you are but welcome a board all the same. It always helps to have more people to help keep everyone motivated..

I did 3 days of the 30 day shred and had to stop as I went away for a week but I am back and it again and I am taking it back to the beginning.. I am not on Day 3 and feeling pretty good, not too sore but a little sore and feeling like I have more energy then I once did...

Keep up the great work everyone...
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17472

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Oh gosh, I'm so depressed. I haven't been able to work out for 2 weeks. I had an accident over the weekend.I fell over in an office chair because I sat down too hard in it. I should have had stitches, but was too embarrassed because it was actually the skin over my tailbone that split open (I cracked my crack! LOL) so I didn't go to the doctor in time, and now it's too old a wound to stitch it. They put steri strips on it and taped my butt cheeks together! LOL. I can't work out because of it. I have gained 2 pounds back, and I am so not happy about it.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Oh honey! What a terrible accident!!!!! Bless your heart!
Listen - don't let the two pounds get to you! Look at this break as an opportunity to regroup. You will probably have a big loss the first week you are able to work out again! (That's usually what happens for me!)

Hang in there and feel better soon!!!!!!!

I am still working out and watching what I eat. I took a little break yesterday and splurged at dinner but I'm back in full swing today. I have lost 13.5 pounds and I'm even wearing some jeans today that I haven't worn since before TTC Owen!!!!! I am going out of town this weekend and so I'm going shopping tonight. I want to look as good as I feel and all of my clothes are starting to look baggy!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of us all!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Princess_Longbottom wrote:Oh gosh, I'm so depressed. I haven't been able to work out for 2 weeks. I had an accident over the weekend.I fell over in an office chair because I sat down too hard in it. I should have had stitches, but was too embarrassed because it was actually the skin over my tailbone that split open (I cracked my crack! LOL) so I didn't go to the doctor in time, and now it's too old a wound to stitch it. They put steri strips on it and taped my butt cheeks together! LOL. I can't work out because of it. I have gained 2 pounds back, and I am so not happy about it.

Oh sweetie, that sounds so painful.. Rest up and get yourself better.. Thinking of you..
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Lou Lou wrote: I am still working out and watching what I eat. I took a little break yesterday and splurged at dinner but I'm back in full swing today. I have lost 13.5 pounds and I'm even wearing some jeans today that I haven't worn since before TTC Owen!!!!! I am going out of town this weekend and so I'm going shopping tonight. I want to look as good as I feel and all of my clothes are starting to look baggy!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of us all!!!!!!

Wait a minute, we have to watch what we are eating as well as exercise.... lol Sorry had to do it, couldn't resist...

I have had some ice cream lately as it was not a fun week last week for me. Right before going away for the week literally 30 mins before my neighbor had a grease fire in her kitchen and my DH found her screaming fire while lying in her driveway, he got up there along with other neighbors and she was burnt pretty bad on the one side of her face and body.. All I know now a week later is she was flown to the states in critical condition and they finally stabilized her enough to take her in for one of many surgery's she will face, first one being to try and repair nerve damage. Praying she makes it through this..

Then got a call the next night my Dad had to take his 5 years old Dog in to be put down. He had not eaten for a week and was now peeing blood, they took him to the vet that afternoon and the vet said they thought he might have been poisoned and his organs were shutting down and he only had about 15% blood left in his body. The only chance he had was a $3000.00 blood transfusion and that only held a slight chance of hope and my Dad couldn't afford that on a slight chance of hope. They told him he probably wouldn't make it through the night and they took him back home.. He hid under the deck I guess for the rest of the day and that night around 11 my Dad was in the hot tub and Horton (the Dog) got up and collapsed so he had to get my brother in law to help put him on a blanket as he is a big dog and put him into the truck to take him in the have him put down... It was very sad, he was only 5 years old. Very hard on my Dad. He just 5 years before that had to put his other day down, he was an older dog when he got put down but my Dad had accidentally hit him with his truck, he had been lying in the driveway and my Dad didn't see him there. My Dad doesn't really show his emotion, he hides it alot but you know the pain is there.. I am sad to think of the next time I go to my dad's Horton won't be there to greet us. He was always the first one to greet you with a hug when you arrived..lol

Wow, sorry to high jack this thread with all of that...
Leeaman
Leeaman

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 pm

omg im sorry to thread jack but leeaman, i never realized your siggy played music if you put your mouse over it, and my speakers were up really loud and it came one and kaydee was laying on the floor and she jumped up, started laughing really hard, and then started dancing and squealing hahahahaha
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18832

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next