Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Parentise Weight Watchers Club....

+9
mscherry42
Ginny
galaxy
Leeaman
Angel
Myste
skyllar
Lou Lou
Toffee
13 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Parentise Weight Watchers Club....

Post  Lou Lou Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:26 pm

I've been walking a few times a week - usually 2 miles and as soon as it warms up a little more I will take Owen to the pool.
I LOVE to swim and I think he will too!
I haven't lost any weight yet but I'm not gaining either and since I just started a new birth control pill I'm grateful that I haven't gained!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20310
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Parentise Weight Watchers Club.... - Page 4 Empty Re: Parentise Weight Watchers Club....

Post  skyllar Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Wow, Tiff and Lou Lou that sounds like a great workout plan.

Tiff -- that is great about your gym and that you can go when LM is asleep! And wow, 11 miles on the bike - that's fabulous!

Lou Lou -- Walking is great, too. Your plan sounds good. The weather has been so cold and rainy here, that we can't go for a lot of walks.

Have been playing table tennis with DH every day for about 1 hour and have done some weights. Hopefully we can start running outside every day now that my semester is winding down and I will be off for the summer.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21118
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Great work Lou Lou and Skyllar Smile/happy Keep it up, and keep posting here, because I need motivation!!!

I went and swam laps in the pool today and also caught some rays, so hopefully I'll be nice and brown in a few weeks time, once I've been swimming regularly Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20919

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:28 pm

OK Guys! I REALLY need some motivation. I feel like I'm right on the brink of being completely motivated to lose this last 15 pounds!
I need a good plan of attack!
I'm thinking what I really need to do is try to work BEFORE Owen gets up in the morning. My pace is better without him with me. I could still take him for walks but they would be more for fun and an extra little boost in my day!
I also need to step away from the chocolate! I was never a huge chocolate eater until I got pregnant and I craved it and the cravings haven't stopped! I eat something chocolate EVERYDAY!!!! No wonder I can't lose this weight!!!!!!

Any other suggestions to help me stay motivated? How are you guys staying motivated?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Lou Lou- I know a way you could still have your chocolate, AND lose weight.

I heard if you freeze those mini candy bars: 3 musketeers, milky way, snicker, etc, when you eat them... they are harder to eat so you only end up eating one, and that is enough.

It isn't really about what you eat, it's about keeping your daily intake at a certain amount of calories (portion control). I had a boyfriend back in the day who's mom was a trainer and she told me if I stayed within a calorie range of 1,835 and I did some form of cardio for 20 minutes, 3 times a week, that I would lose weight. If I stayed at that calorie range but didn't work out 3 times a week, my weight would stay the same, but at least I wouldn't be gaining. This is why I believe that weight watchers is the most efficient weight loss nutrition program out there. You calculate your daily allotted points. Every portion of a certain food is worth a certain amount of points. You stay within your points for the day.... and you lose! My mom is doing great on weight watchers right now, and she is sending me the card chart that tells you what foods are worth which points and helps me calculate what my daily point allowance for my age/height/weight is. I can do it for free at home!!

Keep at it honey, you will get there!!! xxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:39 pm

I totally agree with Tiff; and I don't believe in dieting at all. I think you can eat a piece of chocolate if you eat sensibly all day long. Or you can even eat fast food or something ONCE a week if you eat healthily and within your calorie range the rest of the week. Plus if you workout at least three times a week you can loose weight.

Also, if you add a form of weight training (like just some light dumbbells) and do some 'weight training' a few times a week (for instance in your living room watching Owen - Kian loves watching me do that) you will burn calories (muscle work raises your metabolism and burns calories still after you are done). I do that stuff in the living room (abs and push ups, too) and Kian loves wtaching or participating.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:04 pm

I did weight watchers and had GREAT results.... I think I'm just burned out with it! I need to get back on the band wagon!

I did ok today. I just tried to eat less and stayed away from the chocolate. I desperately wanted to do some cardio but it didn't happen today. I DID do some light weights and abs but I really needed more!!!! I'm going to get up in the morning before Owen does and get my cardio on!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think the other problem is that I don't have a TON of weight to lose so I keep thinking, "oh, I can lose this quick when I'm ready...." HOW DUMB IS THAT!!!!!! lol!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:44 pm

OK guys - I'm off to a good start today. I got up and walked - I wanted to go two miles but Owen was too fussy but we managed to get a mile in and then I came home and had a half of a banana and a half cup of strawberries for breakfast.
I did my abs and light weights too.
Unfortunately, I am hungry again already! So wish me luck with lunch. I dusted off my old weight watchers stuff last night so hopefully I can stay with it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:47 pm

That sounds fantastic Lou Lou! Keep up the great work!!!!

I also had a good start today. Kian woke up at 7:30am and we wanted to let DH sleep. So we played a little bit inside, shared a banana and went running for a couple of miles. After that we went to the park and returned and had fresh fruit (melon, pear, kiwi and banana and egg (him the yolk, me the whites), cereal (him oatmeal and me Raisin Bran). We felt refreshed and had such a good time.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:02 pm

yummmm kiwi sounds so good! I am getting ready to go to the grocery and I just added kiwi to my list! ha!!!

I'm having a good day... just gotta get through dinner now! The first 3 or 4 days are always the hardest for me!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Well I'm doing it!! I went to the gym yesterday and today, and I did the cross trainer for 20 minutes. Today after the work out... I changed into my swim suit and swam laps and then laid out by the pool. I totally got some sun! I am DETERMINED that when I go to the doctor this thursday for a check up and they weigh me... that I will have lost at least 2 pounds!!!

Gotta keep going!!!!!

How are you other ladies doing??

xxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm doing GREAT! I'm counting my points and working out! I borrowed the workout video Jillian Michael's 30 day shred from my library and it is AWESOME so I ordered it for about $12 from Amazon and should have my copy Friday!!!!!
I'm planning on doing it on the days I can go for walks so I am pumped! My goal is to lose 10 - 12 pounds by Owen's birthday party (which happens to be MY birthday) June 7th!

I'm so glad we can support one another! Tiff - it sounds like you are moving in the right direction too! Keep up the good work!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Wow Lou Lou and Tiff!!! Good job, ladies. Sounds like you are sooo on the right track.

I am doing okay - not fantastic though, casue I am too busy with finals grading and final grades so that I only fit in about 45 inutes of ping pong. Although DH and I turned our garden over yesterday and planted today so that should count for something, lol. Saturday and Sunday we will be playing another ping pong tournament - so that will be good. But, I have't had time for weights or going for a run - will have to plan better.

I am also glad for the support that we give each other.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:46 am

you should totally get the video I was talking about! The work outs are only 20 minutes (you have the option of 3 different levels) but it's cardio, weights and abs...... it's 20 minutes non stop but it's awesome. It would be a great way to fit in a workout when you don't have a lot of time!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:20 pm

Thanks, Lou Lou. Your post totally inspired me to dust off my TaeBo videos (they also have a 25 minute program) and do that today. Feel much better, plus I did some ping pong with DH.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:56 am

I just typed an entire post and it got deleted!!!! argh!!!!!

I'm glad I inspired you!!!! That's what this thread is all about, right?!
Well, I'm doing really good. I walked two more miles today and will walk two more tomorrow so that will give me a total of 6 miles this week! Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy
I'm staying within my point range too so that's good and it hasn't been that difficult! I guess I'm busy enough with Owen to not notice!
I'm going out of town this weekend so I'm a little nervous about that but I'm just going to stick with what I know and try to make the best choices that I can. I will also take some healthy snacks and breakfast foods. I think if I can control that part that will help me stay on track!

I tried on a pair of jeans today that I haven't worn since WAY before I was pregnant and I zipped them and even felt like they look ok! They would look better if I lost another 5 pounds but I was super excited!

See.... I told you guys once I get *there* I'm *there*!!!!!! lol

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun May 03, 2009 5:58 pm

OK. I sucked for awhile. I didn't work out, though I thought about it many times. However, some people at work started the Atkins diets(I know, it's not long term healthy). They have really good success stories. I have been doing it since last Monday. I have lost 5 pounds. I'm going to start working out this week(tonight actually goodluck ) I want to lose 10 more pounds before June 3rd. I now sit at 150, which is not terrible for my height of 5 ft 5 1/2(give me that half an inch darnit! lol ) I am going to try on my new VS swimsuit that just arrived in the mail. It will be my motivation. The plan is to lose the weight with Atkins and get a little toned. Then switch to a more moderate diet and keep working out. I know that I will gain some if not most of the weight back, but if I can keep working out, then I'll continue to lose inches, which are more important to me than weight. I will keep you posted.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19467
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun May 03, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm doing pretty good but I have been out of town for a few days and there were a few times I didn't have great options.
As of last Friday I was down 4 pounds. My official weigh in day is Friday so I will weigh in tomorrow but I'm not going to stress about what it says. I'm just weighing to keep myself on track. I imagine it will be up a little but I should see it drop again by my next weigh in!
I worked out every other day last week and I feel really good! I'm looking forward to being home and being in control of what I eat! It makes such a big difference!

Cherry - congrats on the 5 pound loss! That's awesome!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Sun May 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks, Lou Lou. I feel so motivated. I even walked for a mile and a half this evening and did some crunches and obliques. My goal is to be at most 140 by June 3rd, but I will be happy to lose a few rolls instead too. I discovered the greatest thing today.....Sugar free Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and some others, but oh yeah!!! They've come a long way with the taste of sugar free stuff I'll say that.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 am

Cherry and Lou Lou- Congrats on the weight loss, that is so awesome!!!

My mom is sending me a weight watchers point chart that she has... it's an extra one. I am looking forward to it. I want to lose this weight so bad. It's like this last 10 or so pounds is just hanging on!! GRRRR.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu May 07, 2009 12:33 pm

I've been taking Green Tea tablets and I've been working out every day. Tae-bo on monday, cross trainer on tuesday and Wednesday, today I did Windsor Pilates Smile/happy

I've been staying within my points as well. Planning to take Lily Mae out for a walk later this afternoon.

I haven't weighed myself since I don't have a scale, but I am feeling good and am proud that I am working out regularly now. I definitely have more energy.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 pm

I am so on the verge of quitting my Atkins diet. I'm just a pissy person on the diet, and I'm not losing weight anymore, even though I haven't been cheating. I'm convinced that it's just not for me. Maybe I don't have enough to lose for it to show right away, IDK. I just know that I'm tired of freaking eating meat. I want some rice, pasta, different veggies, fruit, etc. So, I think I'm going to quit, and try something else. Part of me feels like a quitter/failure and part of me feels so good for my decision!!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu May 07, 2009 7:43 pm

Mscherry- Have you heard of the South Beach Diet? It teaches you ways to lower carbs, gives recipes... but you don't have to give up carbs altogether as you practically have to with the Atkins diet. If you are feeling pissy on a diet, then that diet is not for you. I believe that every person's body reacts different chemically to different foods. There is a theory that blood type has everything to do with it.

You might find the book: "Eat Right for your Type" an interesting read. A scientist has tested out a theory that depending on blood type you are... certain foods are toxic (you gain weight), neutral, or very good for your body.

I am B Negative. Supposedly chicken is on my avoid list, and I have to admit... when I don't eat it, I lose.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri May 08, 2009 2:14 am

Thx,
I will look up that book you mentioned. We grilled chicken and steak kabobs tonight and steamed corn on the cob and brocolli too, and OMG that was some awesome food. I ate cereal for the first time in over a week(post select) and it was the BOMB! Probably cause I hadn't had any in awhile but still, it felt good. I worked out on Wii Fit tonight too. Oh, and I did about 10 minutes of Jillian Michaels too this morning, but DF has graduated to level 2, and I am just not ready for level 2, so I quit midway through. And I must say, I have been a much happier and nicer person(my sister would say yeah right to that). We laughed and joked, and I was a pleasure to be around, if I may say so myself. I did learn something from the Atkins diet, though. And that's I take in too many bad carbs. So, I think I'm going to stick with the diet soda for a while and see how I do. Soda is one of my downfalls when not dieting.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri May 08, 2009 10:36 am

Diet soda is actually one of the worst things you can put in your body. I don't want to offend you or hurt your feelings by saying that, so I hope I don't.

It's been proven that it's actually better to drink regular soda because of all the terrible damage that aspartame does to a body. I have a friend who was diagnosed with lupus. She had been drinking Diet DR Pepper and Diet Coke for years. She has a problem with severe migraines. She told me that these health issues were ruining her life. I sent her this article.
http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/aspartame-poison.html

and this one:
http://www.sweetpoison.com/

She has since stopped drinking diet sodas, and her symptoms are disappearing. Her doctor is flabbergasted, because many, including Snopes.com, is claiming that aspartame poisoning is a bunch of bull.

Anyway... I just wanted to let you know what I believe.

Again, I hope I don't offend you hun.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next